Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

My experience with domination is that the winner is the side with less retarded battleships because most of them just hate playing the objective and instead just sail a slow wide safe circle around the map. And lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
My experience with domination has been that losing multiple battleships cost more than owning the land points. Especially if it is going one sided. Everytime I have looked up and saw one team ahead, the losing team was down half or more of their ships already.

Also, the glacial map has 4 points for domination mode.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

JuffoWup posted:

Also, the glacial map has 4 points for domination mode.

I thought that was an interesting change (with a good chance of backfiring of course, there's a reason you put down dom points in odd numbers) until I saw where they put it. What were they thinking?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Domination is really good because it means you can't just be a coward and keep your battleship in nice clear open seas, and there's a real risk reward factor to decision making. It's a matter of reading the battle well and being ahead of things.

Also because two cap capfast is inane with ship speeds and hitting difficulty at range.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Holy poo poo I love the Kongo. Citadel-hitting other BBs with plunging shots from 20 klicks out is hilariously satisfying, as is dorking around in a BB that almost handles like a heavy cruiser.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I made a new personal record for downed planes in my carrier, 78. Most of it was spent just defending myself from suicidal anti-carrier runs. One squad of fighters working together with focused AA fire tears through things quite fast.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

TheFluff posted:

This discussion made me find this Wikipedia article, which is pretty drat interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_discussion_of_rangekeeping
e: also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rangekeeper

Also, the stereoscopic rangefinders on many ships in the game actually turn to track your turrets. Pretty neat.

These old Fire Control computer videos are worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8aH-M3PzM0

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Largepotato posted:

These old Fire Control computer videos are worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8aH-M3PzM0

"and other factors up to a possible total of 25.. the factors occur simultaneously"

He did not mention running aground into an island, colliding with another ship and some of the other interesting things you deal with in game.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I bet he never had to remember to switch back to team chat after trolling in all chat either

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Prav posted:

I thought that was an interesting change (with a good chance of backfiring of course, there's a reason you put down dom points in odd numbers) until I saw where they put it. What were they thinking?
Domination points aren't zero-sum in this game though so having an even number of points doesn't matter.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
I love you St. Lou, even on a bad day you make people smile.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Prav posted:

My experience with domination is that the winner is the side with less retarded battleships because most of them just hate playing the objective and instead just sail a slow wide safe circle around the map. And lose.

This is the major reason why I still play CVs, cause these idiots need to be punished in the worst way possible.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

When you are a CV is it possible to have more then one squad of the same type out at the same time? I know as the first carrier you have two squads of each, but I only seem to be able to launch the second when the first is gunned down.

Edit: Figured it out. Love it, but I still enjoy cruisers more. You can do everything if your not stupid.

Krataar fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 25, 2015

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
check the module screen; the max number and type of squads you can have are unlocked and selected like guns are on the other ships

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
Is there anyone who still wants keys? I have an opportunity to ask Wargaming for more. Can't promise anything though.

Derakarsis
Aug 7, 2007
Hope you've had your shots

TheFluff posted:

Is there anyone who still wants keys? I have an opportunity to ask Wargaming for more. Can't promise anything though.

I sure do, haven't been able to get one yet. (US Region)

Derakarsis fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 26, 2015

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

TheFluff posted:

Let's be real here there's enough people and hype that you'd be foolish not to get as many keys as you possible can regardless of how many people post that they want them

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

TheFluff posted:

I would certainly like one (EU)! Up until now I've always managed to miss all signups and giveaways by like half an hour. :negative:

Edit: Got it, cheers!

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 26, 2015

tie-dye my titties
Jun 14, 2014

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
Yeah this game looks pretty awesome so far and it's still pretty bare bones, I'd love to get my hands on a key if at all possible.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Derakarsis posted:

I sure do, haven't been able to get one yet.

Please.

e: I'm making GBS threads up US servers across multiple games.

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Mar 26, 2015

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

I've got a friend who's continually kvetching at me for one.

I go by the same name on Steam so that'd probably be a good way to get in touch with me without PMs.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Mar 28, 2015

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

xthetenth posted:

I've got a friend who's continually kvetching at me for one.

More or less what this guy said.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Why do I root for Notre Dame? Because I like pain, and disappointment, and anguish. Notre Dame Football has destroyed more dreams than the Irish Potato Famine, and that is the kind of suffering I can get behind.

TheFluff posted:

I'll definitely take one if you ever get hold of enough - been dying to play.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
OK! I'll see what I can do.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Me too! I want to be a boat.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

TheFluff posted:

Yes. Please. US.

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 25, 2015

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Yeah, I think you have enough demand here to do that.

Myself included (US). :mmmhmm:

zxqv8 fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 26, 2015

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

TheFluff posted:

I'd like to get in on this as well! Thanks!

Edit:
(US)

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 25, 2015

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

TheFluff posted:

Yessssss. Also, Shalhavet asked me to ask nicely for one on his behalf since he's at work. Pretty sure he has PMs.

e: both US

Kazinsal fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Mar 26, 2015

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

TheFluff posted:

OK! I'll see what I can do.

You'd be very kind to help goons like me out in this time of need. Thanks for offering!

E: NA region if it helps Edit 3/31: will take TheFluff's offer of EU key if granted

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 31, 2015

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Is there any indication whatsoever telling you how long your torpedo tubes on one side are going to take to reload? Because there is absolutely nothing worse than having a battleship happily on the side you fired your torpedoes on and not knowing whether you can turn quick enough to fire the other side or if you should just keep straight on because the battery is going to be reloaded in a few seconds.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I just discovered that the torpedoes on my Ranger are so slow they can actually be outrun by ships. :negative:

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
I sure would love a key, if there are any spares. US or EU, I'm not picky.

Ataxerxes fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 26, 2015

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...
I too would love a beta invite if there's any left.

Edit: I'm in the US if that helps.

Lando131 fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Mar 26, 2015

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
Last time I got a batch I got 5 for EU and 5 for US, no idea what (if anything) I'll get this time. I was just checking the interest levels.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

ArchangeI posted:

Is there any indication whatsoever telling you how long your torpedo tubes on one side are going to take to reload? Because there is absolutely nothing worse than having a battleship happily on the side you fired your torpedoes on and not knowing whether you can turn quick enough to fire the other side or if you should just keep straight on because the battery is going to be reloaded in a few seconds.
When you select your torpedoes the number indicators that normally show your gun reload times show your torpedo reload times.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
It looks like 15 people wanted keys, 1 from US, 1 from EU, the other 13 didn't say.

Will it help you if everyone lists their region?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
New mods out.

Reticle w/ Alt Mode Always On

Battle Loading Icons

Players Panel Icons

Zoom Out

Zoom In Overhead

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

TheFluff posted:

Last time I got a batch I got 5 for EU and 5 for US, no idea what (if anything) I'll get this time. I was just checking the interest levels.

Oh US for clarity forgot the whole different areas things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
US rather than EU.