Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

YAY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ahahahaha Rodney's face

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

:woop:

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?
#NOMANCE

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Rodney, in what is his standard mode, looks confused.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Thank you Sierra for not letting Rodney be in the majority alliance. His douchebagness would only increase 100 times over.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
Hahahahaha Rodney's face. Best face.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Rodney is going to explode because he doesn't get to top anyone now.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Haha Rodney is so pissed

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

Ahahahaha Rodney's face

Ahahahaha look it him go!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So will Rodney go all BRO BRO BRO BAHSTIN BRO now?

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Rodney about to go ballastic

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

.....now?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
If you're Joaquin, aren't you thinking, like, "Joe's not a loving idiot, where does he think the vote is going" and get suspicious that Mike and Dan are working with him? If they're telling you they're voting Joe, and they don't mention making a fake alliance with him, you gotta expect something is up, because he must be campaigning to someone.

rafington fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 26, 2015

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?

Recursive posted:

I was sure the fancy cursive was Sierra.

Lol, nope.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I feel kind of bad for Joaquin, because he was really playing and looked pretty good talking to Sierra, talking to Rodney. His fatal flaw was that Rodney and Sierra were incompatible, haha. But I wish it would have been Rodney going out instead of him.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

The entire bumbling scheme that seemed like it was going to fail like no tomorrow was worth it to see Rodney's face at the end there.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Holy poo poo that lizard covered with bugs.
Also. Quoting this. Where's the gif or whatever. We used to have survivor gifs of eels barfing eels or whatever poo poo and bug lizard belongs in the pantheon.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Professor Shark posted:

Joaquin is a big baby and I'm guessing a recruit who doesn't really get or like Survivor.

Excellent analysis, Professor..

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fast Luck posted:

I feel kind of bad for Joaquin, because he was really playing and looked pretty good talking to Sierra, talking to Rodney. His fatal flaw was that Rodney and Sierra were incompatible, haha. But I wish it would have been Rodney going out instead of him.

But he also didn't seem to fully grasp what a problem Rodney was for Sierra and just seemed like he expected to charm her into getting over it. Plus he apparently completely isolated Joe which was just stupid.

rafington posted:

If you're Joaquin, aren't you thinking, like, "Joe's not a loving idiot, where does he think the vote is going" and get suspicious that Mike and Dan are working with him? If they're telling you they're voting Joe, and they don't mention making a fake alliance with him, you gotta expect something is up, because he must be campaigning to someone.

If Joe's being accurate saying that Joaq and Tyler shut him out than the both of them are idiots and deserve to be on the wrong ends of the numbers. You don't even have to be honest with Joe, you just have to make sure he feels involved. They made it WAY too easy for Mike and Dan to lure Joe in and then Sierra was the swing vote again. And they both knew that Sierra hated Rodney as much as he hated Dan so it was just sloppy and risky gameplay across the board from those three.

I'm not a big fan of Mike throwing the challenge but at least his logic was relatively sound in wanting to keep Kelly safe. And to his credit even Sierra had to admit he stuck up for her. His big problem is/was Dan's big/stupid mouth. Its tough having a close, necessary ally who is a massive idiot and can't stop telling the same woman to shut up.

That was a nice rehab episode for Shirin too. She may be a stupid player and she may be a weirdo but she's sympathetic. It probably helps that Carolyn and Hali just don't seem like very nice people and kind of couldn't say anything except "No one likes you, Shirin."

And I couldn't help but smile at "We Believe We Can Win." And Will's dance. Jeff was being kind of a jerk calling out Will being in the back when he was like 3 steps behind someone.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Also, Hali has a really annoying voice.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Celery Face posted:

Also, Hali has a really annoying voice.

Its like she doesn't lift her tongue or something. It would grate on me.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

But he also didn't seem to fully grasp what a problem Rodney was for Sierra and just seemed like he expected to charm her into getting over it. Plus he apparently completely isolated Joe which was just stupid.
Well, his plan was to vote out Joe, which was really, really smart. Joe and the no collars are going to be a huge threat.

That said, I'm glad Joe survived. I like him.

Synrax
Nov 19, 2005
Indeed
Great season so far. Really enjoying each episode.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

And I couldn't help but smile at "We Believe We Can Win." And Will's dance. Jeff was being kind of a jerk calling out Will being in the back when he was like 3 steps behind someone.

At this point the Will-is-so-terrible-at-challenges narrative is so strong that I fully expect him to win multiple individual Immunity challenges.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

mancalamania posted:

At this point the Will-is-so-terrible-at-challenges narrative is so strong that I fully expect him to win multiple individual Immunity challenges.

Coming up: Gas Station Karaoke Individual Immunity Challenge.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fast Luck posted:

Well, his plan was to vote out Joe, which was really, really smart. Joe and the no collars are going to be a huge threat.

That said, I'm glad Joe survived. I like him.

No one says he had to ally with Joe. But shutting someone out and making it obvious you're gunning for them is stupid and gives them every reason in the world to jump at the chance to ally with the other side against you. Which is exactly what happened.

Joaquin and Tyler made this possible by not playing the game with Joe.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
That was wonderful. Wish it'd been Rodney, but that wasn't going to happen. Not yet. Rodney still has further humiliations to endure.
That has to be the all time greatest challenge throw in survivor history. Poor Kelly. Some people are just not that good at quick memorization. :smith:
Well, it isn't the greatest attempt to throw a challenge. Best successful throw, but I remember at least two attempts where the other tribe was so awful, the tribe that wanted to throw won anyway. I was wondering if this was going to be another. :laugh:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Next week is going to be great. Rodney is mad because his alliance voted out the person he was trying to have a secret alliance with...

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

No one says he had to ally with Joe. But shutting someone out and making it obvious you're gunning for them is stupid and gives them every reason in the world to jump at the chance to ally with the other side against you. Which is exactly what happened.

Joaquin and Tyler made this possible by not playing the game with Joe.

Yeah, you gotta try to convince Joe at least a little bit that you're working with him. Especially pre-merge, you can be as scummy as you want and promise him the world, as long as he goes home that tribal it's fine. Unless someone's completely incompetent, they're gonna be talking to people about the vote and trying to build numbers, and if it's not you, it opens up the window for it to be someone else.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm so happy that neither Max nor Joaquin made the jury. They were both insufferable. Vince too. Not a good season for douchebags so far.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I love it when the guy who was planning to backstab his allies get pissed off because his allies figure it out and cut him off at the pass. My only hope is that he's a big enough baby that it comes up in Tribal and his hypocrisy is laid bare.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

mancalamania posted:

Counterpoint.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
My favourite hypocrisy moment on Survivor is from the obnoxious douche who said "man" every 5 seconds and drunkenly yelled at howler monkeys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z62RZQ9PN7g

:smug: If somebody goes home, no hard feelings with it man, deal with it.
:v: 13th person voted out of Survivor Guatemala: Judd.
:smug: Thanks guys. I hope you guys all get bit by a freakin crocodile. Scumbags.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Man, No Collar is in a good spot coming up. They've got a solid foursome, while white collar and blue collar are both split. Since they've got one member of each tribe (Carolyn and Kelly), it would be easy for them to throw their weight to either side and come up with an instant numbers advantage.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Piell posted:

Man, No Collar is in a good spot coming up. They've got a solid foursome, while white collar and blue collar are both split. Since they've got one member of each tribe (Carolyn and Kelly), it would be easy for them to throw their weight to either side and come up with an instant numbers advantage.

With Tyler on the outs on Escameca I expect he'll join up with Carolyn again post-merge and go with No Collar. Then it's just gonna come down to whether they can get Shirin back or lure Sierra over. Yeah, No Collar look to be holding control of the game for the moment.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Rarity posted:

With Tyler on the outs on Escameca I expect he'll join up with Carolyn again post-merge and go with No Collar. Then it's just gonna come down to whether they can get Shirin back or lure Sierra over. Yeah, No Collar look to be holding control of the game for the moment.

Sierra would be a really easy pull, Joe knows how much she hates Rodney and Dan and all he has to do is promise them as the first vote off. Assuming Carolyn sticks and she can bring Tyler over, that gives them the numbers and also mean they have a 4 strong sub-alliance they could go to down to Final 4 with easily. Of course it's not going to happen that way, but if I was on No Collar that's what I'd be aiming for at this point.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

STAC Goat posted:

Jeff was being kind of a jerk calling out Will being in the back when he was like 3 steps behind someone.

What made Jeff's comments even dumber was the fact that you could only go through the obstacles one at a time, so whoever was the last one through would naturally be bringing up the rear. Not like anyone could pass someone on the rope bridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Did Tyler have a single line in this episode before Tribal?

And the only time you throw a challenge is if it's to get rid of Russell, like in Redemption Island.

• Locked thread