Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

The best part about PANSY was getting messages from people thanking us for representing LGBT rights.

It's pretty damning for this game's player base that PANSY's minimal level of activism is a breath of fresh air for people.

Yeah, I remember; the LGBTQ-friendly guy then got butthurt because assassinated called his clan like 90% Nazis in a match, it was quite the headache for me. :rolleyes:

Nessus posted:

Does this mean even shithead bad tankers like me can join PANSY? Half the fun I rediscovered last night was making remarks about Communism or Wrestlemania in the chat and watching people get into arguments.

For that matter, does this convoluted quest line to give you female tankers provide you with bonuses, other than the mission rewards and the warm glow of earning a tank wife?

You can join, in fact being terrible is a requirement to join PANSY! So is loving huge cocks, but we'll pass that bridge when we get to it! ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Atomizer posted:

So is loving stiff hard huge cocks, but we'll pass that bridge when we get to it! ;)

Fixed.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Atomizer posted:

we'll pass that bridge when we get to it! ;)

*tunnel

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Tazilon is still dipshit. (He decided the best course of action on Himmelsdorf was 'go uphill and hide behind mediums.)

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

DonkeyHotay posted:

the tier 6, 7, 8, and 9 are all really good in that line what the neck?

Having recently finished the Challenger I can confirm that it is bad. It's not AMX 40 bad, but it's bad enough that it caused me to remember the AMX 40 exists. The Challenger is fast, has no armor, mediocre penetration, a high rate of fire and a turret that turns so slowly that you won't believe it. It's pretty much a Cromwell with a tier higher matchmaking and one of the worst turrets in the game.

The tier 8 is all right so far. Looking forward to upgrading the gun on it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

LostCosmonaut posted:

Tazilon is still dipshit. (He decided the best course of action on Himmelsdorf was 'go uphill and hide behind mediums.)

My Tazilon Trading Card (from the Sperglord set) is the Chinese version, so I can't read his player profile. What'd Tazilon do other than somehow not killing himself after the VK2801 got nerfed into the ground?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I have only been around long enough to hear rumors of him being the guy to write early light tank guides, what else about him is bad?

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

He quit WoT because Russia invaded the Ukraine, and he didn't want to support Russian companies (in Tazilon land, Belarus and Russia are the same).

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
It's right there in the name, come on guys :v:

In other news, just bought the 50 120 today.

I wish I had more free XP, because I want all of those upgrades so goddamn bad. I dunno if it's the hp/t ratio or the traction, but the thing feels more sluggish than my E-75. Is it worth sticking with the 100mm for slightly longer to get the engine and/or the tracks earlier? I feel like I can make the 100mm work, I just need to get used to it again.

Or is the 50 120 just that much slower than the 50 100?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Atomizer posted:

You can join, in fact being terrible is a requirement to join PANSY! So is loving huge cocks, but we'll pass that bridge when we get to it! ;)
Hurray! But I don't have anywhere near a T10. Can even a lousy Tier VI join the new PANSY?

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Do you care about your stats? Do you care about your stats so much that you can't live without having them at your fingertips at every moment? Then do I have the smartwatch app for you: https://apps.getpebble.com/applications/546e1e2813159fbb420000bb

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

AlmightyPants posted:

Having recently finished the Challenger I can confirm that it is bad. It's not AMX 40 bad, but it's bad enough that it caused me to remember the AMX 40 exists. The Challenger is fast, has no armor, mediocre penetration, a high rate of fire and a turret that turns so slowly that you won't believe it. It's pretty much a Cromwell with a tier higher matchmaking and one of the worst turrets in the game.

The tier 8 is all right so far. Looking forward to upgrading the gun on it.

The challenger is a super-e25 without pref mm. Meaning that at least 2/3 of your matches you are op as poo poo.

Rothmog
Jul 26, 2011

Nessus posted:

Google is completely polluted with mods and forum threads on this topic, but there seems to be some suggestions that the female crew members will more rapidly gain top tier skills.

Is it because they are better at multitasking? For example making a sandwich and doing the dishes at the same time.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

DonkeyHotay posted:

The challenger is a super-e25 without pref mm. Meaning that at least 2/3 of your matches you are op as poo poo.

It's got less stationary camo than the E25 has on the move (and its on the move camo is still worse than E-25 camo when firing). It can have some good games when ignored, since pubbies are bad at getting shot at, but it's still an enormously frustrating tank to play.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

Atomizer posted:

Yeah, I remember; the LGBTQ-friendly guy then got butthurt because assassinated called his clan like 90% Nazis in a match, it was quite the headache for me. :rolleyes:

I can confirm this. In PANSY - terrible. Big ol' cocks - um num num.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Lazyhound posted:

Do you care about your stats? Do you care about your stats so much that you can't live without having them at your fingertips at every moment? Then do I have the smartwatch app for you: https://apps.getpebble.com/applications/546e1e2813159fbb420000bb

Jesus gently caress! Why in god's name would I want WoT following me everywhere I go during the day?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Is it possible to bind text macros in WoT? I'd like a handy and fulsome rebuttal as to why it is actually a bad idea to all go into the Lakeville swamp on hand for those "*pingpingping* all here pls" moments at the start of the game.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Hellsau posted:

Why would you choose to play the tier 9?

Tier 8 is good allegedly, Firefly is great. Definitely no reason to play that line at all though.

The tier 8 is great, your gun has crazy pen for its tier and you punch through turrets and UFPs in strongholds no problem. The bloom is ridiculous though, you can't snapshot at all.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Rothmog posted:

Is it because they are better at multitasking? For example making a sandwich and doing the dishes at the same time.

Got screenshots? Did the pubbie say anything else hilarious?

Rothmog
Jul 26, 2011
My god, someone made a paintball e25!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjGFG9DxozY

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

I guess I should apologize to assassinated here. I got invited to a "drunk platoon" with him and TFA, saw there were pref 8s up, and as a result yoloed my IS6 into a bad situation, only to find out that he was far more serious about our performance potential than I'd expected. Mea culpa, man, next time I'll take it more seriously.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Is it possible to bind text macros in WoT? I'd like a handy and fulsome rebuttal as to why it is actually a bad idea to all go into the Lakeville swamp on hand for those "*pingpingping* all here pls" moments at the start of the game.

You can mod the radial menu messages (there are editors and poo poo if you google it) which more or less lets you do that. Unless you have an awful lot of macros planned.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Agrajag posted:

Jesus gently caress! Why in god's name would I want WoT following me everywhere I go during the day?

I like to show girls I meet my stats don't you?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Valle posted:

You can mod the radial menu messages (there are editors and poo poo if you google it) which more or less lets you do that. Unless you have an awful lot of macros planned.

Cheers. Mostly I just want to be able to say "No that's a lovely idea and we'll lose" without getting distracted and ploughing into a pond. And possibly for the next time I get accused of being a "german jew homo"

"I like big dicks and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny
That when a guy walks in with an itty bitty waist
And a long thing in your face
You get sprung
Wanna pull up tough
'cause you notice that jock was stuffed
Deep in the jeans he's wearing
I'm hooked and I can't stop staring
Oh, baby I wanna get with ya
And take your picture
My homeboys tried to warn me
But that cock you got
Make Me so horny"

But I suspect that will be a bit too long.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Unlocked the T57, now all I need to do is grind like 4 million credits ughehehuh

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
B2 platoons just own. So much lol.

enkalen
May 26, 2013

Atomizer posted:

Can I get an invite to PANSY? I am on the NA server as Ejo.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

enkalen posted:

Can I get an invite to PANSY? I am on the NA server as Ejo.

Check your page on the world of tanks website, I sent you an invite!

e: holy poo poo you had just posted that 4 minutes ago, quick service with a smile :bigtran:

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Atomizer posted:

Hahahah. I do remember. Wasn't that FurHQ that I called nazis? It went amazingly well as a troll.

Also my invite lapsed, reinvite me!

enkalen
May 26, 2013

subhelios posted:

Check your page on the world of tanks website, I sent you an invite!

e: holy poo poo you had just posted that 4 minutes ago, quick service with a smile :bigtran:

Thanks. Do I do anything to help with the stronghold?

subhelios
May 26, 2013

enkalen posted:

Thanks. Do I do anything to help with the stronghold?

You don't have to if you don't want to, but it would be nice. I don't know if we are actually doing strongholds atm.

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Hahahah. I do remember. Wasn't that FurHQ that I called nazis? It went amazingly well as a troll.

Also my invite lapsed, reinvite me!

You're assassinated right? Right reading is difficult moving on.

Invite sent, check your page.

subhelios fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 26, 2015

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
We haven't done strongholds in ages, afaik, mostly just because nobody's on anymore. I think I saw like 8 people on last night, tops.

Unrelatedly, do the different ranks actually mean anything? I notice that I've somehow become a "Combat Officer"

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Steelion posted:

We haven't done strongholds in ages, afaik, mostly just because nobody's on anymore. I think I saw like 8 people on last night, tops.

Unrelatedly, do the different ranks actually mean anything? I notice that I've somehow become a "Combat Officer"

Mine means I can invite people, don't know what yours does.

Makes you sound sexier?

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

Just curious, is there any data on the number of people playing this game over time? Like, has the userbase declined?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Userbase varies wildly based on region. Wargaming doesn't do anything to prevent bots so keep that in mind (reduce active player count).

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Just going to have an early night tonight I think.

one on a bun
Oct 23, 2008

Steelion posted:

WG changed the clan rank names and added more a while ago, I guess to give the fake military clans a boner or something.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

kemikalkadet posted:

Just going to have an early night tonight I think.

Yeah that looks about right for me too.

texasmed
May 27, 2004
I'd like an invite to the squad if you'll take a bad and sparingly active player. http://worldoftanks.com/community/accounts/1013323516-texasmed/

Going towards the Leopard 1, should I bother with light tanks after tier 5 or are you always badly outgunned by higher-tier mediums?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

texasmed posted:

should I bother with light tanks after tier 5 or are you always badly outgunned by higher-tier mediums?

Yes and yes.

Although I wouldn't suggest playing them exclusively. Or even mostly.

e: thanks autocorrect excursively is a very fine word i agree

Prav fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 27, 2015