Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Hibernator posted:

I've never seen Zardoz. Is it worth a blind buy just so I can get it before it's out of print?
If you have any interest whatsoever in weird 70's sci-fi then yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
In case anybody is confused about the chronology of the Fast and Furious franchise.

(I didn't make this, and yes I know it actually has Tokyo Drift in the wrong place)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I just watched a film where Randy Quaid is naked and fights himself wearing a deer head. Um. I know what Randy Quaid looks like naked. Which is unfortunate.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Skwirl posted:

In case anybody is confused about the chronology of the Fast and Furious franchise.

(I didn't make this, and yes I know it actually has Tokyo Drift in the wrong place)

That can't be right, The Chronicles of Riddick is missing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The MSJ posted:

That can't be right, The Chronicles of Riddick is missing.

Chronicles of Riddick belongs in the "C" canon, this is a list of "A" and "B" canon works only.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
dickeye, you're a poo poo poster, but you should really stop posting outside of genchat if you don't want to eventually get banned and be without access to it

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Honest Thief posted:

dickeye, you're a poo poo poster, but you should really stop posting outside of genchat if you don't want to eventually get banned and be without access to it

Ha, he got probated again, for posting in the same dumbass thread.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I wouldn't fault the thread, so much as the posting.

stop harboring so much hate for weirdos

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Your Gommie sounds badass. I just read a fascinating article about radical pacifist Catholics who've been arrested and jailed dozens of times for breaking into supposedly secure critical nuclear facilities and doing stuff like banging on b-52s with hammers and throwing their own blood on them. (In the New Yorker, of course).

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Honest Thief posted:

bad advice. posting outside genchat is mostly what gets him probated so I dont have to read him in genchat

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Has any actor/actress ever started in Asylum films and rise to better things or is it where actors go to die?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Skwirl posted:

I'll take any excuse to post the Specials
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-t6i1GVCww

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Spielberg is attached to Ready Player One, but the man takes on tons of projects, many of which he drops out of. Just in the past few years he was supposed to helm American Sniper and Robopocalypse (no idea if the latter is even still being made, but that's gotta be the most obnoxious loving title). So I won't believe it until principal photography starts.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

People were not meant to live in Moore. It is a monument to man's hubris, to misquote Peggy Hill.

I don't know what local news you get, but the OKC metro local news had a copter in Moore and for almost full minute they watched as a small tornado took out just about every power line on 12th street. Cool/Terrifying simultaneously.
Moore's Super Theater was unscathed though so..... yay?
Yes yay because I had just bought tickets to sit in the drinking section for Age of Ultron opening friday.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Kickstarting games is great because three years after you give someone your money you get a download code for something you're not sure why you bought

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Honest Thief posted:

I wouldn't fault the thread, so much as the posting.

stop harboring so much hate for weirdos

I got probated for calling a guy who opened with "you're trying to have a discussion with an autistic dude? Ableists!" Despite multiple posters in that thread also being autistic a flaming rear end in a top hat. ADTRW manages to have worse moderation than when Zorak just stopped modding.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

morestuff posted:

Kickstarting games is great because three years after you give someone your money you get a download code for something you're not sure why you bought

Oh poo poo did Barkley Shut Up And Jam: Gaiden 2 come out?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Literally The Worst posted:

I got probated for calling a guy who opened with "you're trying to have a discussion with an autistic dude? Ableists!" Despite multiple posters in that thread also being autistic a flaming rear end in a top hat. ADTRW manages to have worse moderation than when Zorak just stopped modding.
You got probated cause you got legit mad over pretty much nothing, like always.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Oh poo poo did Barkley Shut Up And Jam: Gaiden 2 come out?

Not yet, but Pillars of Eternity unlocks on Steam in an hour.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Ugh it seems like such a bummer that everyone else is always punishing you for literally doing nothing wrong, all the time. For no reason at all. Constantly.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
You got intensely butthurt at a man for being mildly weird simply because coincidence has exposed you to his weirdness for a long time.

There are degrees of autism. I'm on the spectrum and I'm functional to the point where people straight up don't notice unless I tell them. Meanwhile, my little brother is also on the spectrum, he speaks in a sort of pidgin baby talk instead of grammatically correct English and is cripplingly obsessed with car washes. One person being autistic and not being Clawshrimpy doesn't mean autism isn't a pretty valid excuse for his behavior.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Ugh it seems like such a bummer that everyone else is always punishing you for literally doing nothing wrong, all the time. For no reason at all. Constantly.

Not what I said or even close to it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LORD OF BUTT posted:

You got intensely butthurt at a man for being mildly weird simply because coincidence has exposed you to his weirdness for a long time.

There are degrees of autism. I'm on the spectrum and I'm functional to the point where people straight up don't notice unless I tell them. Meanwhile, my little brother is also on the spectrum, he speaks in a sort of pidgin baby talk instead of grammatically correct English and is cripplingly obsessed with car washes. One person being autistic and not being Clawshrimpy doesn't mean autism isn't a pretty valid excuse for his behavior.

Also not what I actually got probated for according to some poo poo that got passed along to me outside of that thread so maybe y'all should stay out of my poo poo

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Regardless of whether it's what got you probated it still makes you kind of a dilz

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Is there a price threshold that you'll pay to intentionally see bad(ish) movies or to just go to the movies?

During the summer I have more free time and try to see a movie at least once a week. For special $5 pricing, I can stomach if a movie is bad or good or not.

I just like going to the theater.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Harlock posted:

Is there a price threshold that you'll pay to intentionally see bad(ish) movies or to just go to the movies?

During the summer I have more free time and try to see a movie at least once a week. For special $5 pricing, I can stomach if a movie is bad or good or not.

I see really bad movies for 1 dollar all the time, I'd pay 5 for a bad movie with a good crowd though.

Well I used to. Life got in the way lately but I will soon again.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Regardless of whether it's what got you probated it still makes you kind of a dilz

Oh no

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Harlock posted:

You have to pay me to go and see bad films. Not just a waste of time, but I get angry at the wasted opportunity and, usually, unnecessary stupidity.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Harlock posted:

I'm ok with mediocre stuff, but there are enough options out there that I don't see the percentages in bad.

therattle posted:

You have to pay me to go and see bad films. Not just a waste of time, but I get angry at the wasted opportunity and, usually, unnecessary stupidity.

This. Why bother

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

bad movies are good for the soul.

that being said, the best way to see them is early afternoon on a weekend on something with sub-par video quality, for free.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

bad movies are good for the soul.

Bullshit.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

you seem tense

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Guys telling Dickeye to not post badly is like telling the birds not to fly or the fish not to swim. Actually those scenarios are less futile because the birds and fish won't just respond by telling you to choke on their dick.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

I dunno, i often don't regret having seem bad movies because they're fun to talk about and the really bad ones are usually at least a unique experience. Still, as ltken indicated, it's still WAY better when you don't have to pay for it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

axleblaze posted:

Guys telling Dickeye to not post badly is like telling the birds not to fly or the fish not to swim. Actually those scenarios are less futile because the birds and fish won't just respond by telling you to choke on their dick.

I think you'll actually find that I am the best poster

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

axleblaze posted:

I dunno, i often don't regret having seem bad movies because they're fun to talk about and the really bad ones are usually at least a unique experience. Still, as ltken indicated, it's still WAY better when you don't have to pay for it.

depends on the bad movie, though. i'd go as high as $30 a ticket to see Robot Monster on the big screen.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

TrixRabbi posted:

Spielberg is attached to Ready Player One, but the man takes on tons of projects, many of which he drops out of. Just in the past few years he was supposed to helm American Sniper and Robopocalypse (no idea if the latter is even still being made, but that's gotta be the most obnoxious loving title). So I won't believe it until principal photography starts.

There were two years of pre-production on Robopocalypse being done before it's now seemingly ended. I love Spielberg, but the man attaches himself to everything and changes on a whim.

Fun fact: He was supposed to direct 'The Time Machine' until he literally abandoned it at the last minute, again after overseeing pre-production, then the new inexperienced director suffered a breakdown and Gore Verbinski was brought in to finish it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

depends on the bad movie, though. i'd go as high as $30 a ticket to see Robot Monster on the big screen.

I would cut off s limb to see Miami Connection

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

I think you'll actually find that I am the best poster

Ahahahahaha...no.

For the record, the best SA posters are A Hungry Mouth and Everdraed, though neither of them really post in CineD. The best poster that posts in CineD is Hedgehog Pie.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Yeah, not every bad movie is equal. The boring ones are still pretty useless. I have zero regrets paying $20 to see White God while there's some movies I do in fact wish I just had the time I spent watching them back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I would cut off s limb to see Miami Connection

you probably won't have to, if any bad movie has a chance of becoming a repertory favorite over the next few years, it's that one

• Locked thread