Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xythe
Aug 4, 2010

Stop getting mad at video games. No stop insulting his mother what is wrong with you.

Lurdiak posted:

This poutine is way too big.

:aslol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Spreading misinformation is literally my gimmick.

Something something username and gimmick combo something something video games

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
If you played Civilization 2 with a music CD in the CD drive it would play those tracks instead of the ones it would normally play off of the Civ2 disc. It kinda blew my mind when I discovered that by accident as a kid.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Spreading misinformation is literally my gimmick.

God dammit I was gonna call you on this burn from the other day:

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yes, everyone values what you have to say.

but it was cleverly worded enough so that I can't use it against you in conjunction with that post and now I'm pissed

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This is the first time gay skull has been as disappointed with his posting as everyone else.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

This is the first time gay skull has been as disappointed with his posting as everyone else.

Wow, can't even complement you without getting a "sick burn". What are you so pissed about in your life, anyway? Divorced? Late on child support payments? Working a lovely job?

Gay Skull's your gay buddy, talk to me if you need someone, dude. I'm here for ya.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Bloodborne has charted and is the largest launch of any FROM Software game ever.

Meanwhile the wii-u is content to peddle toys to grown rear end children and forego releasing actual games. I mean it just released a game that practically requires multiplayer in order to have fun and it has no online functionality.

The X-Box still sucks and continues to disgrace the Rare Ware Legacy. It's just the vile chimpanzee which was used for medical experimentation that shits itself and tries to claw your face off every time you approach it. It needs to be put out of it's misery.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 26, 2015

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
reaping gently

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Seriously never be friends with married people if you're still single/childless because you can't have them physically come over to your place because they gotta bring the kids and then the kids gotta play your videogames which then defeats the entire purpose of having them come over in the first place. And it's like dude why the hell did you bring your kids, we can't even go to a bar later.

This is why online fucntionality is important.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Mar 26, 2015

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

hubris.height posted:

reaping gently

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Just played Far Cry 3. Why even bother making two endings when the choice you're presented with is slit your pretty girlfriend's throat and kill all your friends, or don't? I felt disgusting even watching the second ending on youtube afterwards.

Really cool game, Vaas/Buck/Hoyt fights were dumb, but ***HUGE SPOILER***that poker game at the end was unreal. Totally blew me away, one the best things I can ever recall seeing/doing in a game. gently caress! Incredible. Core gameplay was sick. Might pick up Far Cry 4 to take over more outposts.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 26, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

No Wave posted:

Just played Far Cry 3. Why even bother making two endings when the choice you're presented with is slit your pretty girlfriend's throat and kill all your friends, or don't? I felt disgusting even watching the second ending on youtube afterwards.

You're supposed to decide if Jason is beyond saving and should give into his animalistic anger or if he still has some semblance of humanity left in him after killing a fuckjillion people, but the game doesn't reflect that that's supposed to be your thought process as the person playing because Far Cry 3 is almost entirely very poorly written.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

gay skull posted:

Wow, can't even complement you without getting a "sick burn". What are you so pissed about in your life, anyway? Divorced? Late on child support payments? Working a lovely job?

Gay Skull's your gay buddy, talk to me if you need someone, dude. I'm here for ya.
"Wow, your obvious joke does not make me angry, but it sure indicates that you are angry, and that makes me so goddamn angry! poo poo! gently caress! I am NOT feeling burned by your good and funny jokes right now, drat!"

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

FactsAreUseless is the hero this forum needs. gay skull is the hero this forum deserves.

edit: I've been playing a bit of Cloudbuilt recently and in some ways it's the platformer I've always wanted. It's fun wallrunning around with your jetpack and the game does a whole lot to make you feel cool for playing it right. It's too bad the stage design gets a bit iffy sometimes, though never so much that it really turns me off the game.

Though, if you do buy it, steer clear of the Fog DLC. If you have it, it branches out to the north-west of the starting level on the level select. Just don't do it, man.

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Mar 26, 2015

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Accordion Man posted:

The only way to win is not to play. :smuggo:

God was Spec Ops pretentious as gently caress.

lmao how low is your bar where something like spec ops is pretentious

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

*eats butterfinger for dinner for the 10th day running* This Video Game Is Too drat Pretentious

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Do you even know what pretentious means Stux?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

To act in the manner of Pretentio, shittiest wizard of Moonshade.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
pretentious? watashi?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

No one wants to discuss Spec Ops with you Stux.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Do you even know what pretentious means Stux?

yes, the joke is that the subhumans which play video games would of course find something even as low as spec ops pretentious.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

codenameFANGIO posted:

No one wants to discuss Spec Ops with you Stux.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i don't really care what other people want though

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stux posted:

i don't really care what other people want though
Woah, haha, Stux must be... a libertarian!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Stux posted:

yes, the joke is that the subhumans which play video games would of course find something even as low as spec ops pretentious.

quote:

pretentious
adjective
attempting to impress by affecting greater importance or merit than is actually possessed.

Pretension describes a general attitude and can be applied to practically anything including indie darling videogames. For instance, your posting is incredibly bad and it still comes off as pretentious because it contains such unwarranted self-importance.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pretentious is that Ultima VII joke I made.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Pretension describes a general attitude and can be applied to practically anything including indie darling videogames. For instance, your posting is incredibly bad and it still comes off as pretentious because it contains such unwarranted self-importance.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

A Steampunk Gent posted:

yeah, and a low brow baby would probably think spec ops has that kind of attitude, when really it doesn't at all, it has some moderately interesting ideas and plays them out in a pretty straight forward and sensible way without thinking its an artistic masterpiece. a pretentious game would be more like bioshock infinite, which ironically most idiot nerds think is extremely clever and deep. thank you for continuing to explain my own posts to me, i very much appreciate it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

also my posts aren't pretentious because i am in fact very important, and it is not my fault if you trash are all too stupid to see that.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stux is right about how dumb and bad Bioshock Infinite is. I'd say that makes it the Stux of video games, but Stux has a defined point of view he commits to.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
r u tellin me u wudnt fuk elizebeth???

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VideoGames posted:

r u tellin me u wudnt fuk elizebeth???
"Wudn't."

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Stux posted:

yeah, and a low brow baby would probably think spec ops has that kind of attitude, when really it doesn't at all, it has some moderately interesting ideas and plays them out in a pretty straight forward and sensible way without thinking its an artistic masterpiece. a pretentious game would be more like bioshock infinite, which ironically most idiot nerds think is extremely clever and deep. thank you for continuing to explain my own posts to me, i very much appreciate it.

You're right Infinite is really bad, maybe they could both be stupid games?

Stux posted:

also my posts aren't pretentious because i am in fact very important, and it is not my fault if you trash are all too stupid to see that.

Okay ... you win this round

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
"Mr. De'fuckwit"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Stux is right about how dumb and bad Bioshock Infinite is. I'd say that makes it the Stux of video games, but Stux has a defined point of view he commits to.

lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bad church guy: I'm evil.

Bad business guy: Me too.

Labor woman: I'm good...

Labor woman [strangling baby]: ...not! Both sides are equivalent.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Booker DeWitt: Even the passenger gets in trouble.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Bad church guy: I'm evil.

Bad business guy: Me too.

Labor woman: I'm good...

Labor woman [strangling baby]: ...not! Both sides are equivalent.

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the first Bioshock was okay, but every one after that is basically that post.

• Locked thread