Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

boom boom boom posted:

That's definitely Tobey McGuire.

So it IS a crossover flick. I wondered how they were going to get spiderman in the avengers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Man is it just me or does the hawkeye figure not look like Jeremy Renner at all?

It's like it's a figure of one of his stunt men.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, it's off a bit compared to their usual work.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I never knew I wanted a Tobey Maguire Luke until now.

The HT Hawkeye looks like some weird, constipated Renner-Bradley Cooper mashup, tres disappointing.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Man is it just me or does the hawkeye figure not look like Jeremy Renner at all?

It's like it's a figure of one of his stunt men.

Buy it with their Harrison Ford a while ago that looked off and you can have an entire shelf dedicated to Stunt Men! Hopefully, they pick up the license for Spaceballs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwV61t_Tec8

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
What was the consensus on the marvel select deadpool? It is on sale at Amazon and similar to the Hawkeye discussion, I'm sure he isn't going to fit in with my Legends.

Marvel Select Deadpool $19.27

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bushifox posted:

What was the consensus on the marvel select deadpool? It is on sale at Amazon and similar to the Hawkeye discussion, I'm sure he isn't going to fit in with my Legends.

Marvel Select Deadpool $19.27

Not very good at all really.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What's the general consensus on the Hero Mashers line? I have a Hawkeye that I bought for the sake of Hawkguy and it's not the worst thing I've ever seen. I ask because the newly opened 5 Below has a crapload of the Marvel line for $5 each. I'm thinking they could also be a distraction from all my stuff in the detolfs when we babysit our friends with kids stop over.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

What's the general consensus on the Hero Mashers line? I have a Hawkeye that I bought for the sake of Hawkguy and it's not the worst thing I've ever seen. I ask because the newly opened 5 Below has a crapload of the Marvel line for $5 each. I'm thinking they could also be a distraction from all my stuff in the detolfs when we babysit our friends with kids stop over.

I have the Venom and he's a ton of fun to mess around with, but I wouldn't buy the line if you're looking for "awesome display figure" it's just great articulation and a fun gimmick but it's definitely a kids toy.

Also yeah, that new Hot Toys Hawkeye sculpt is rear end, glad I have the first movie Hawkeye still.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Was gonna setup my Dioder lights for the Detolf from Ikea. One of the packages appears to be something someone returned with no instructions or sticky pads PLUS its the older Dioder set with a beige cable, warmer lighting and a thicker power cable. I hope they'll take an exchange as I threw out the receipt weeks ago as its just lights that I took from the main lighting area. Whoever was doing stock just threw it in with all the newer sets. :/

Old, poo poo set:

vs

Newer, easily hideable wires (plus actual instructions, pads and screws)

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Ikea have an excellent return policy....until you don't have a receipt. Then they're real dicks.

You might be able to get an exchange but don't count too heavily on it.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

RevKrule posted:

Ikea have an excellent return policy....until you don't have a receipt. Then they're real dicks.

You might be able to get an exchange but don't count too heavily on it.

Buy the correct one and return the old one in the new receipt.

GeauxSteve
Feb 26, 2004
Nubzilla
This Play Arts Kai Boba Fett is amazing.

http://toybox.io9.com/play-arts-kai-will-turn-boba-fett-and-the-stormtrooper-1694068674

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Michael Bays Star Wars.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Is there really a collector base for this?

Dennis Rodman Wedding Dress Figure

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Bushifox posted:

Right here.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Bushifox posted:

Oh hell yeah!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Would.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Wood.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Update on my situation: The guy at Ikea had no issue at all with me exchanging the Dioder lights and I got a proper updated set. :D

So far one shelf is done, wires are twist tied and setup too. Just need to get some tubing to cover up the back so its not TOO horrendous but otherwise im happy with this so far! :D

Need to find some weather stripping now at Home Depot to stick on the door where there is about a half-inch gap or so, maybe less. Keep whatever dust I can outta here.

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing

Marvel Legends Build-A-Figure Thanos

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Neo_Reloaded posted:

As a pretty big Thanos for years now, I have to say that the head looks a little derpy. Ya know, like his brain cavity size is way too small for the sculpt of the face and body.

Derpnos

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Eh. might be why he grins a lot.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
THANK YOU to DrChud for sending me some Nintendo toys:

And thanks for the fun surprise present:

Goons looking out for goons to make sure they get their toys is the best.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Louisgod posted:

Some of those are not from Nintendo properties!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom posted:

Some of those are not from Nintendo properties!

Grandma calls everything nintendo.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

My Spider-Woman from Amazon arrives today! :toot:

I also just saw that Amazon has the symbiote variant up, woo! Now I just need to fall into some luck and find Spidey 2099 and I'll have everyone from the set I want. If any wants the BAF pieces, let me know.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Neo_Reloaded posted:

I found the entire wave this weekend as well. It still doesn't feel right to have the Build-a-Figure be smaller then one of the other figures in the line (movie Hulk is a head taller, wider and heavier) but I am happy to have an official Legends Thanos. Plus at least the BAFs aren't tiny people anymore like Rocket, Hit Monkey and Puck. I'm disappointed that Hellcat and Spiderwoman (who both come with an arm and a head) didn't come with variants of each. It would have been really great to have one of them come with an infinity gauntlet arm and a scowling head.

I just realized that I never shipped that Iron Monger piece to Rhino, I will look for it tonight.

Just read the news that the Marvel Select Watcher re-release was canceled a month or two ago. I don't want to pay the $75 he is going for online, but I have been dying for a Watcher figure for my shelf.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I was very proud that I'd managed to avoid having my DC Animates Batman's ankles snap like I've heard so many others' had, until I moved him to dust the shelf today :(

Is there a trick to repairing him such that he'd retain ankle articulation?

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Louisgod posted:

And thanks for the fun surprise present:

Goons looking out for goons to make sure they get their toys is the best.

Sweet, what were the mystery items? I have the Samus so I know that one was the ball. Also I'm jelly of the Villager :)

I have that same large Samus, it's awesome. Wished I found Luigi's Mansion figure when they were out.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

DrChud posted:

Sweet, what were the mystery items? I have the Samus so I know that one was the ball. Also I'm jelly of the Villager :)

I have that same large Samus, it's awesome. Wished I found Luigi's Mansion figure when they were out.

Toad - Coin
Diddy - Bananas
Luigi - Green 1-Up mushroom

I may be mixing Toad and Luigi's items. A random local toy shop just got a NIB Joyride Samus and is selling it for $150. It's insane how much they go for.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Sideshow is having a 50% off sale on a few things today. I picked up a Destro to go with my Baroness.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/promotio...sSavings_040115

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Bushifox posted:

Sideshow is having a 50% off sale on a few things today. I picked up a Destro to go with my Baroness.

I was too late for Destro and now I am sad

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

My Spider-Woman arrived today from Amazon, I think the figure looks really good.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Marvel Select Hawkeye and Pizza Dog arrived today and it's a great set. I also like my 1-armed Thanos BAF. Should get the other arm in the mail soon.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

My Spider-Woman arrived today from Amazon, I think the figure looks really good.

Are you able to fit her webbing into her arm notches at all? One of mine fits in then falls out if I let go, the other three are way too big to fit in the notch it seems like.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Mine shows up from Amazon tomorrow, I'm pretty stoked.

Agrias120 posted:

My Spider-Woman from Amazon arrives today! :toot:

I also just saw that Amazon has the symbiote variant up, woo! Now I just need to fall into some luck and find Spidey 2099 and I'll have everyone from the set I want. If any wants the BAF pieces, let me know.
What symbiote variant?

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Agrias120 posted:

Are you able to fit her webbing into her arm notches at all? One of mine fits in then falls out if I let go, the other three are way too big to fit in the notch it seems like.

You have to really really push to get the webbing to stay in place. I felt the web pieces sort of click into place after about 10 seconds and it's fine now. She's fallen over a bunch of times while I've been trying to get the right pose and the webbing hasn't fallen out yet. Spider-Woman looks fantastic, easily my favorite figure of the entire wave.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

poo poo iPhone photo but I got it mostly up and running (Detolfs+Dioder+Hot Toys(and Art Figures). Just need to solve the bottom shelf and poor Jeff Bridges/Flynn is all alone. :(

(( excuse the mess, still moving in and moving things around but I was stoked to get this near finalization ))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

I don't know if anyone here has experience with Diamond Select, but I received my MS Carnage yesterday and it would be perfect if not for a big splotch of white paint on one of the eyes. Is there any way they'll offer a replacement part?