Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
wait i hosed up my secrets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Effectronica posted:

he probably has a phone

navigation
Sep 30, 2009

Attorney at Funk posted:

I wouldn't advocate turning an ongoing 4e game into strike or anything but if one was starting up I'd pick strike every time

How do I actually get strike because all I can find is the closed kickstarter and it is a terrible name for googling.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Cloaked posted:

How do I actually get strike because all I can find is the closed kickstarter and it is a terrible name for googling.

http://www.strikerpg.com/buy-the-full-game.html

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Cloaked posted:

you probably gotta wait until it shows up on Drivethru

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Effectronica posted:

he probably has a phone

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
pleasingfungus add a "no phone" sacrifice to Ru in Crawl

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
if there's one thing I could criticize about strike it'd be the art. it's just not cute enough

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

no cuteness, no peace

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Attorney at Funk posted:

if there's one thing I could criticize about strike it'd be the art. it's just not cute enough

Inverse World was good about that. I liked it

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

cute art makes me wanna vom. give me late 90s WW art any day, esp undead menses thanks in gameboy advance

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
anyways with Ex3 more or less in our hands and the gigantic fucker now in layout, I assume Nightfall and Far West are just around the corner!

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
"at least I was still not a giant enough retard to put money into doobie's dog house" said Bedlamdan, proudly.

Dec 26, 2012

Effectronica posted:

he probably has a phone

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
I tried to read a really early version of strike called sacred bbq, but because i never played 4e D&D it didn't make sense to me and i hated it.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Babylon Astronaut posted:

I tried to read a really early version of strike called sacred bbq, but because i never played 4e D&D it didn't make sense to me and i hated it.

the most I remember was people making GBS threads on jimbozig in that thread for a while because they felt his entry for that one setting contest was too problematic

Dec 26, 2012

Bedlamdan posted:

the most I remember was people making GBS threads on jimbozig in that thread for a while because they felt his entry for that one setting contest was too problematic

what lol

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

iunno it was something he had where the men in his fantasy setting did one thing and the women in it did a different thing and it just kind of became a thing and he sent the person managing the contest a message trying to explain what he actually meant by all that and it just made people angrier.

It was a couple of years ago

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
I don't know about all that. It was way too complicated for me and jimbozig assumed you knew what the word salad meant because he was writing to 4e players. It's no one's fault.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

I don't know about all that. It was way too complicated for me and jimbozig assumed you knew what the word salad meant because he was writing to 4e players. It's no one's fault.

yeah he seems ok I am just recounting something I remembered

Dec 26, 2012

men, and women, cannot do different things. it is verboten

Dec 26, 2012

its a hard thing to translate what you want to express out of a game when its so closely derived from addressing another game

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
I can't find the thread for the contest, but I really thought 50 Foot Ant had the best entry for the first week of the contest, but he would never win because people hated 50 Foot Ant for bullshitting fun stories.

In retrospect that may have been an asset for the contest.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i love that this is an old 5e thread and if you go back to the beginning you can see everyone using punctuation and stuff

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bedlamdan posted:

I can't find the thread for the contest, but I really thought 50 Foot Ant had the best entry for the first week of the contest, but he would never win because people hated 50 Foot Ant for bullshitting fun stories.

In retrospect that may have been an asset for the contest.

he invented a retarded guy to compare himself to to make himself look cool, ribght. or was that someone else

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Fungah! posted:

he invented a retarded guy to compare himself to to make himself look cool, ribght. or was that someone else

that was me, and you were the retarded guy i invented

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Effectronica posted:

that was me, and you were the retarded guy i invented

you'll pay for this betrayal

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Ferrinus posted:

you don't die IF AND ONLY IF you work

NEET army.

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara
I play in 12 games a week. I own an AR-15 and I plan to fight the forces of darkness from the safety of my bedroom.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

that's real fuckin NEETo

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Bedlamdan posted:

i posted Strike in a thread ~a year ago that was about making The Next 4th Edition and several people immediately called it poo poo (iirc it was like "this sucks because it has no DM advice" and a few generic "this sucks" comments with nothing else), and then it turned out none of them actually read it

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ferrinus posted:

you don't die IF AND ONLY IF you work

is this true

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Countblanc posted:

i posted Strike in a thread ~a year ago that was about making The Next 4th Edition and several people immediately called it poo poo (iirc it was like "this sucks because it has no DM advice" and a few generic "this sucks" comments with nothing else), and then it turned out none of them actually read it

GM advice is very important.

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Nihnoz posted:

GM advice is very important.

not if you're already a pro

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ferrinus posted:

i love that this is an old 5e thread and if you go back to the beginning you can see everyone using punctuation and stuff

Perhaps! We... Should? Still.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Perhaps! We... Should? Still.

Ok! How is 5E, Imp Zone? Because people I know keep telling me it's the best D&D since 2E.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Countblanc posted:

is this true

omae wa mo... shindeiru

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

Bedlamdan posted:

Ok! How is 5E, Imp Zone? Because people I know keep telling me it's the best D&D since 2E.

Attorney at Funk posted:

- do you currently play and enjoy d&d 3.5 or pathfinder but wish it ran smoother or was less egregiously broken.

- do you dislike d&d 3.5 or pathfinder but think you would enjoy it if it were basically the same but less egregiously broken

- is it important to you to play dungeons and dragons specifically but also to continually spend money on new dungeons and new dragons

if you answered yes to any of these questions I recommend dungeons and dragons 5e

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Ferrinus posted:

omae wa mo... shindeiru

Hmm. Anime is blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

anime aeternam

• Locked thread