Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Wezlar posted:

Near naked anime girl

I would only use anime sleeves if some amazing company made Persona 4: Dancing All Night Sleeves for my enjoyment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ShadeofBlue posted:

Confirming that ramp is the best strategy in legacy cube:

In the previous game I went turn 1 elf into turn 2 Nature's Lore plus Rofellos into turn 3 Woodfall Primus.

I also have a sneak attack.

the thrill of victory

ShadeofBlue posted:

Jesus gently caress my round 2 opponent just put fire/ice on an isochron scepter against my double elf + rofellos draw :suicide:.

the agony of defeat

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
also asuka needs to looks pissed off, those are some shameful sleeves

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Samael posted:

I would only use anime sleeves if some amazing company made Persona 4: Dancing All Night Sleeves for my enjoyment.

I definitely remember seeing some sleeves from the Persona 4 fighting game a few times when I went to an event at a big MTG store here in Tokyo, so I'd be willing to bet you might see some DAN ones once the game actually comes out.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I usually do pretty good in the holiday cube and end up ahead phantom tickets. I cannot ever grasps the legacy cube and end up down a bit.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Scholtz posted:

Never built a B/G deck before. Pretty important question for you guys:

What color sleeve would they look best in? Already have a R/B Modern in Purple. I was thinking brown, maybe orange...

Thoughts?

We had sleeves chat in the last thread and:

For every deck.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Could R/w tokens with purphoros and impact tremors be a thing? Secure the wastes adds a lot to that deck.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
What's that sleeve with the anime guy unbuttoning his shirt?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Could R/w tokens with purphoros and impact tremors be a thing? Secure the wastes adds a lot to that deck.

Are there any good enchantment tutors in standard right now? I've always wanted to make a Purphoros deck. Elsepth is +1 - deal 6 to target opponent and put 3 1/1 on the board. Always liked that.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

Fingers McLongDong posted:

It could be tier 2, but I don't think it would be fast enough to keep up with RDW, and too easy to disrupt by U/W or U/B/x, whichever ends up being the control flavor. Even Abzan midrange has game against it, since Siege Rhino has trample. Impact Tremors helps a little by giving you some Purphoros redundancy, but I don't think it's enough.

Gyshall posted:

Are there any good enchantment tutors in standard right now? I've always wanted to make a Purphoros deck. Elsepth is +1 - deal 6 to target opponent and put 3 1/1 on the board. Always liked that.
There's Plea for Guidance, but I wouldn't call it 'good'. Alternatively, you've got Sidisi, Grand Vizier.

Jonked fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Mar 26, 2015

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Molybdenum posted:

What's that sleeve with the anime guy unbuttoning his shirt?

These are my favorite.

EDIT: For those unfamiliar with this guy, he's from an infamously odd gay manga (link has a NSFW picture of the cover) that got famous on the internet in Japan and to a lesser extent internationally several years ago for its wide range of meme-able facial expressions and the catchphrase on these sleeves, which basically means "Wanna have a go?"

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Mar 26, 2015

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The gay sleeves are rad. I never got them cuz when I was more sober the next day I realized how expensive they were.

Scholtz posted:

Which one is more kawaii/will instill fear into the hearts of my enemies?

You want a sugoi one, because

forbidden lesbian posted:

also asuka needs to looks pissed off, those are some shameful sleeves

but I'd take the second one cuz that's at least showing her ego. Anyway, I'm sure there are bathing suit ones for the near-naked versions you were talking about. It's really odd that back in the philippines or hong kong or hawaii where I've played, you have normal people playing with anime sleeves but here in the mainland it takes a specific kind of bad person to play with them.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Mercury Crusader posted:

We had sleeves chat in the last thread and:

For every deck.
I still want this so bad. I would never use anything else.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Chill la Chill posted:

Anyway, I'm sure there are bathing suit ones for the near-naked versions you were talking about. It's really odd that back in the philippines or hong kong or hawaii where I've played, you have normal people playing with anime sleeves but here in the mainland it takes a specific kind of bad person to play with them.

Here in Osaka I see plenty of egregious anime girl sleeves for sale (those Evangelion ones are so relatively tame I can't really see them as worthy of comment) but I can easily count on one hand the number of people I've played against who were using them. Granted Magic probably draws a different crowd than any of the many games with anime licenses.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Hopping Ghost posted:

These are my favorite.

EDIT: For those unfamiliar with this guy, he's from an infamously odd gay manga (link has a NSFW picture of the cover) that got famous on the internet in Japan and to a lesser extent internationally several years ago for its wide range of meme-able facial expressions and the catchphrase on these sleeves, which basically means "Wanna have a go?"

I think the real question is why isn't everybody using these.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
I want the gay sleeves except they say "wanna jo? No gay stuff" in Japanese.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Hopping Ghost posted:

Here in Osaka I see plenty of egregious anime girl sleeves for sale (those Evangelion ones are so relatively tame I can't really see them as worthy of comment) but I can easily count on one hand the number of people I've played against who were using them. Granted Magic probably draws a different crowd than any of the many games with anime licenses.

Oh, right, I forgot. The ones playing with nubile 12yo in swimsuits are probably playing Weiss Schwarz. It's a shame. I bought a pack or two of the love live boosters on a whim cuz I play the rhythm game on my phone and they're decent for an anime Glee game but the same game shares space with more risque anime licenses.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Count Bleck posted:

Not nearly enough people are aware of the glory of the Yaranai ka? dude. Otherwise, they would be.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

but I'd take the second one cuz that's at least showing her ego

That's fair.

Starving Autist posted:

I want the gay sleeves except they say "wanna jo? No gay stuff" in Japanese.

well now that i know that I must have them.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

forbidden lesbian posted:

well now that i know that I must have them.

I can't read Japanese in any form, I'm saying I'd want them if they said that.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I just wish I could find better Jojo sleeves than these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009RB1KA2/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=

Like, actually for sale someplace. These are better, but also not for sale anyplace I can find: http://plamoya.com/en/jojos-bizarre-adventure-tv-animation-card-sleeve-vol2-stone-mask-p-61684.html

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Count Bleck posted:

Because funny internet jokes fall flat when you have to awkwardly explain them in real life and people look at you like you're a goddamn idiot.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Yawgmoth posted:

I still want this so bad. I would never use anything else.

That's not unusual.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Entropic posted:

Because funny internet jokes fall flat when you have to awkwardly explain them in real life and people look at you like you're a goddamn idiot.

If someone asks and you can't sit down, start to unbutton your oxford, and ask them if they wanna have a go that's on you, not the anime.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Chill la Chill posted:

Oh, right, I forgot. The ones playing with nubile 12yo in swimsuits are probably playing Weiss Schwarz. It's a shame. I bought a pack or two of the love live boosters on a whim cuz I play the rhythm game on my phone and they're decent for an anime Glee game but the same game shares space with more risque anime licenses.

Yeah, there are so many of these "every anime license we can get our hands on" games nowadays that I couldn't name all of them that just the main two stores I go to for MTG sell cards from, but that's one of the most popular. I suspect Magic is still more popular than any one of those overall, though, not least because there are so many - I know that there are at least two or three games with the Love Live license, etc.

I have MTG friends who also play some of the other ones and every now and then they'll show me a card and even without knowing the specific rules of the game I can tell it's as close of a port of, say, Vendilion Clique as they could get, like nobody would notice that in addition to its ability it's a 30/10 with Spontaneity and Evasiveness that costs three Magic Gems or whatever.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Hopping Ghost posted:

Yeah, there are so many of these "every anime license we can get our hands on" games nowadays that I couldn't name all of them that just the main two stores I go to for MTG sell cards from, but that's one of the most popular. I suspect Magic is still more popular than any one of those overall, though, not least because there are so many - I know that there are at least two or three games with the Love Live license, etc.

I have MTG friends who also play some of the other ones and every now and then they'll show me a card and even without knowing the specific rules of the game I can tell it's as close of a port of, say, Vendilion Clique as they could get, like nobody would notice that in addition to its ability it's a 30/10 with Spontaneity and Evasiveness that costs three Magic Gems or whatever.

I actually use a Weiss/Schwarz Fate/Zero playmat a lot of the time because they're smaller and easier to fit in my bag. I don't even play the game, but I find it hilarious there is a zone called "Climax". It is where I put my general during EDH/Tiny Leaders games. :3:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

AlternateNu posted:

I actually use a Weiss/Schwarz Fate/Zero playmat a lot of the time because they're smaller and easier to fit in my bag. I don't even play the game, but I find it hilarious there is a zone called "Climax". It is where I put my general during EDH/Tiny Leaders games. :3:

I want a diplomatic game where there's a mechanic or phase called intercourse. Like maybe magic except you engage in intercourse instead of combat and elecutor is a broken card. Friend showed me the game and climax is the appropriate term for the mechanic but it's funny in that "correct english but hilariously awkward" way. :3:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Jesus Christ, this thread.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Snacksmaniac posted:

Jesus Christ, this thread.

Wanna have a go? *eyebrow nudges upward, slightly*

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Are we back to ins anely sexy sleeves already?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
The only way to play Weiss Schwarz is to make a LH deck with Asuna sleeves and an SAO deck with Akatsuki sleeves.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

My sleeves are red.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I like KMC sleeves because of the way they feel on my body. :pram:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I destroy any sleeves with pictures on them after playing for about 10 minutes. They are the worst.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Are we back to ins anely sexy sleeves already?

Irony Be My Shield posted:

My sleeves are red.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Starving Autist posted:

I can't read Japanese in any form, I'm saying I'd want them if they said that.

ambiguous sentences, my one weakness :negative:

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Novelty sleeves are the worst.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

bhsman posted:

I like KMC sleeves because of the way they feel on my body. :pram:
Card sleeves really are the best protection

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Novelty sleeves are the worst.

Sadly for you, the perfect rebuttal has already been posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I also want these sleeves/playmat.

Flip it around so Red is staring your opponent down all the time.

• Locked thread