Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Disney did something strange to my wife. We got back from WDW less than 3 weeks ago and she's already booking our trip for next year. She's working with one of the DVC point renter outfits to secure a 1 bedroom villa at BLT next March which may be tough.

I have no doubt we'll be DVC members by the end of 2016.

skipdogg fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Mar 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

skipdogg posted:

Disney did something strange to my wife.

Preach on, brother.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
2 1/2 weeks out:

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
I got my bands on Saturday! :itshappening:

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
I will pray for your wallets & credit cards.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Silly Burrito posted:

Preach on, brother.

Um, excuse me? Your wife is using her love of Disney to help pay yo billz, sucka. And I sure don't hear you complaining about that big rear end discount either. So just step to the left, son.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Hey, awesome thread. My wife is a pastry chef at Animal Kingdom and we live about 15 minutes from the parks on 27. Any other Disney locals? We go to the parks once or twice a week to do a few fast passes and eat or see a show.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

What a weird coincidence this all is. Applied. Let's hope!

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Ikr? I was talking to my in-law and he told about that position. What are the odds.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

Bottom Liner posted:

Hey, awesome thread. My wife is a pastry chef at Animal Kingdom and we live about 15 minutes from the parks on 27. Any other Disney locals? We go to the parks once or twice a week to do a few fast passes and eat or see a show.

I live on 27 as well! I used to live over on the more touristy side but it's not as obvious over here.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yeah that's why we chose the area. It's a bit quieter over here than Kissimmee and Orlando. We're at Ashton Chase just north of Cagan's Crossing, you?

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
We're right behind Hurricanes off woodcrest but I usually go jogging up towards Ashton Chase. Small world haha.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Speaking of Lynx, I may be relying on it for actual travel and need insight on it. I don't own a car (I actually don't have a licsence but thats a long rear end story) and I am seriously looking into living here, and am weighing all my travel options.

I seriously don't understand how you are surviving in the Kissimmee area without a car. There's nothing around WDW property except overpriced tourist poo poo, and that includes grocery stores. I had to go to gooding's once and I almost fainted when I had to pay like 8 dollars for a gallon of milk.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

It's actually very bikeable for your daily needs. 192 has pretty much everything you'd need to get by, and the Wal-Mart and Targets are just fine and the same as rural stores' pricing.

Cais posted:

We're right behind Hurricanes off woodcrest but I usually go jogging up towards Ashton Chase. Small world haha.

Hey, that's awesome. I run through those neighborhoods too, usually with my two dogs. Say hey if you see me!

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Bottom Liner posted:

It's actually very bikeable for your daily needs. 192 has pretty much everything you'd need to get by, and the Wal-Mart and Targets are just fine and the same as rural stores' pricing.

Have they built a walmart closer than than kissimmee ULTRA Walmart? I haven't gotten around the area outside of WDW and Universal since I lived there in '02-'03. Back then if that particular walmart didn't have what I needed I'd have to drive into downtown kissimmee. Which isn't bad with a car but on the other hand, ugh, kissimmee. Its like the innsmouth of florida.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Oh yes, I am also considering one of those doofy looking three wheeled bikes (a, because they come with storage for groceries and b because I am bad at biking on two wheels)

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
What's the new consensus on the best way to make a room request? When we started going to WDW in the '90s, it was a fax and/or phone call to the hotel's front desk four days before check-in. The last couple of times we went we didn't bother with a room/building request at all. Anyway, now there's a bunch of construction at the Poly, and I'd like to have a decent view, as we're taking my parents with us (first time for them to go to WDW). We booked directly through Disney, if that matters.

And is online check-in recommended? Does it matter?

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Cais posted:

Small world

Can we ban this combo of words from the thread? :lol:

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Nathilus posted:

Have they built a walmart closer than than kissimmee ULTRA Walmart? I haven't gotten around the area outside of WDW and Universal since I lived there in '02-'03. Back then if that particular walmart didn't have what I needed I'd have to drive into downtown kissimmee. Which isn't bad with a car but on the other hand, ugh, kissimmee. Its like the innsmouth of florida.

On my side (Windermere / Winter Garden area) it is the complete opposite which is why we chose this aside from it being a longer commute to work. We both work in an office near the Orange County Convention Center and the backroads takes us 15 minutes.

There seems to be a Wal-Mart in every direction within five to ten miles but we have enough choices with Publix or Winn-Dixie which I prefer due to earning five cents off every gallon of gas for $50 spent. On this side of the county the developments are built around a town center concept where the master plan has a shopping area to serve the surrounding communities so it works out well for us. We were at a town hall meeting last week and they announced yet another ultra center going to be built, this one will be in the five mile radius for sure but far enough where we won't be dealing with the poo poo. I avoid Wal-Mart to be honest.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

Lincoln posted:

What's the new consensus on the best way to make a room request? When we started going to WDW in the '90s, it was a fax and/or phone call to the hotel's front desk four days before check-in. The last couple of times we went we didn't bother with a room/building request at all. Anyway, now there's a bunch of construction at the Poly, and I'd like to have a decent view, as we're taking my parents with us (first time for them to go to WDW). We booked directly through Disney, if that matters.

And is online check-in recommended? Does it matter?

We did online check-in and they had a box for request on that. Our room was exactly what we asked for.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I'm actually going to stop doing online check in. You can request stuff during the online check in process, and supposedly the wait time is shorter at the resort. If you wait to check in on site they let you choose your room via iPad and that's when you can request an upgrade. I'm going to try to get us one when we go in November because we're staying club level Poly for 2 nights during a slower time. I'm going to try and see if they'll give us an upgrade to lagoon view over garden view. The worst they can say is no, right? After we check out of the Poly, we're staying 3 nights at AoA in a Cars suite, but again, I'm going to see if I can't get us moved to Nemo if there's something available. My oldest daughter has really been wanting to stay there but they won't let you book Nemo suites at the travel agent rate. This is the only way I can get it without paying rack, which I am morally opposed to.

And as far as surprise Pixie dust, the common denominator there is that the guests haven't done online check in. Just sayin.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Somehow my dad got reservations for the Bay Lake Tower December 24-27. He just did the reservation last week.

Never been there so I'm stoked.

Btw, are the Haunted Mansion MBs still being sold?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Old Man Pants posted:

Can we ban this combo of words from the thread? :lol:

I actually like the ride. I know, I know, but it's a cool ride for 11 minutes getting away from the Florida heat. Could be much worse.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Skeezy posted:

Btw, are the Haunted Mansion MBs still being sold?

They sure are! Does not seem like the volume as before where the shelves were overloaded but that may be they are holding more stock in the back.

If you ever want them just PM me and I can buy & ship them to you in advance.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Where are they sold? I looked the other day at MK and didn't see any. That's by far the coolest one so far.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
They had them at almost all the shops at MK and Epcot but now I see them mostly at Emporium and the Haunted Mansion shop both at Kingdom. That might be because the stock is lower and they are not ordering as much?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I can get one of these bands and not worry about adding tickets to it or whatever right away right? I have no idea how MBs really work. December will be the first I go to WDW and they are in full effect.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Silly Burrito posted:

I actually like the ride. I know, I know, but it's a cool ride for 11 minutes getting away from the Florida heat. Could be much worse.

It was one of my kids favorite rides. My 3 year old son loved it. We rode it probably 8 times while we were there. The other night I put a 1080P youtube POV video of the ride on the TV and they watched the whole thing singing along.

(yes my entertainment center is a mess, and yes my kid is sitting on a cat scratcher)

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

My kids and I like to watch youtube videos of rides when we're between trips. No judgement here.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Skeezy posted:

I can get one of these bands and not worry about adding tickets to it or whatever right away right? I have no idea how MBs really work. December will be the first I go to WDW and they are in full effect.

That is correct, when you buy a band they ask you right there if you want to link it to an account else they register it as being sold but not activated yet.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Kinda need to know, is there by chance a really cool Epcot or Horizons MB?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
There is a limited edition Flower & Garden Magic Band.. limited run of 5,00 but it had Anna & Elsa from Frozen and I would rather burn it than own one. There is no park specific for Epcot though. Food & Wine Festival will likely have an LE band as well but Allah knows if they will poison that one too with Anna & Elsa or some other Frozen character.

Here is a really good source for MB info though you might like.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

demonR6 posted:

There is a limited edition Flower & Garden Magic Band.. limited run of 5,00 but it had Anna & Elsa from Frozen and I would rather burn it than own one. There is no park specific for Epcot though. Food & Wine Festival will likely have an LE band as well but Allah knows if they will poison that one too with Anna & Elsa or some other Frozen character.

Here is a really good source for MB info though you might like.

Thank you very much :3:

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

demonR6 posted:

If you ever want them just PM me and I can buy & ship them to you in advance.

Do you foresee yourself going during star wars weekend? Looking at the site you linked, and I kinda sorta want one of the SWW ones that they're going to have, but wouldn't be worth asking a random goon to go on one of the busiest weekends of the year just to fulfill my own insatiable nerdism. Or would it?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

If he's not, I know I am. You might want to double check though because some of the limited bands are linked to an account on purchase, not activation. Not sure how that would work.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I will be going.. having two of us hunting bands if one is going sooner is a good bet.

You can buy any band and not link it to an account, they removed that policy last year. Ask Douche, I bought an LE band for him recently and before him I sent out another Stitch LE band to another WDW goon..

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

demonR6 posted:

I will be going.. having two of us hunting bands if one is going sooner is a good bet.

You can buy any band and not link it to an account, they removed that policy last year. Ask Douche, I bought an LE band for him recently and before him I sent out another Stitch LE band to another WDW goon..

Confirmed. Got the band and then linked it to my wife's profile with no issue. I would love a Star Wars band but I kind of want a haunted mansion one more.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
If they make LE Tomorrowland bands for the movie I am going to want one so bad

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Silly Burrito posted:

Could be much worse.

No, no it couldn't haha I see those two words together and have the song stuck in my head for days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Old Man Pants posted:

No, no it couldn't haha I see those two words together and have the song stuck in my head for days.

Sounds like it makes your world one of laughter and tears.