Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

air- posted:

Two would be ideal! Just 8 is all thanks.

I can spare two. I'm interested in raspberry temptress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
dudes, i've got some bottles of Ardent Dark Rye stout that i would like to trade. i am not looking for anything crazy, just stuff that i couldn't necessarily purchase here in good ol' central VA. i can throw in growlers of whatever else is currently on tap (common, batch #10 IPA, DIPA, Berliner, saison, maybe even honey ginger), too. holler.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

ISO Beachwood Rye Like and Eagle
FT Tired Handjobs

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

HatfulOfHollow posted:

FT Tired Handjobs

Just like my HS girlfriend used to give!!!

(Just kidding. I didn't have a girlfriend in highschool...)

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

ISO : Apple Brandy Barrel Noir , Bomb! , Pirate Bomb! , etc...

PM me we can talk... would like to put together a decent sized trade..

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
It's finally warm enough to ship beer!

FT: Jackie O's A Token of our Extreme

ISO: Lost Abbey Veritas015

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
Edit- closed that deal but I am still looking for regular Old Stock 2013 and older, dunno what to offer but if you have any going to waste get at me.

krustster fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Mar 12, 2015

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

ISO : Darkness ... And apple brandy Noir ...

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

Vertigo posted:

ISO : Darkness ... And apple brandy Noir ...

I have apple brandy noir. How much are you after, and what are you offering?

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

PMd

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Because goon trades are the best, you get first dibs on this IP @ Jester King next weekend. I'll throw this out into the open otherwise.

ISO: MvB + another 500ml fruited sour (please no Colour Five though)
FT: 2014 Fou Foune

I also have Vanilla Rye and more lambic if you wanna expand...

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

air- posted:

I also have Vanilla Rye

Interested in more Transient for that?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

danbanana posted:

Interested in more Transient for that?

I'll keep you posted! Gotta try and land more of that oh so delicious cherry goodness.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

all of those JK sours are real tasty, but MvB is the only one i think i'd wait a few hours in line for

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

Seeking out a Pre trade here....

Anyone going to dark lord day? I have a regular hook up who isn't going this year, as he got shut out for tickets. Ideally looking for 2 bottles of regular, but one would be sufficient...

air-
Sep 24, 2007

air- posted:

Because goon trades are the best, you get first dibs on this IP @ Jester King next weekend. I'll throw this out into the open otherwise.

ISO: MvB + another 500ml fruited sour (please no Colour Five though)
FT: 2014 Fou Foune

I also have Vanilla Rye and more lambic if you wanna expand...

I got one bite on this from a friend.

Also willing to go 1:1..
ISO Montmorency vs Balaton
FT Omniscience & Proselytism with a small + on my end (think local dallas beer) ugh i'm never gonna be able to spell that right the first try

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
Not sure how many of you goons made it out to HF, but I figure it's worth posting this here too...

FT: Crooked Stave WWBV
ISO: Flora B&B

Simple 1:1 is cool with me

e: Actually a simple 1:1 probably wouldn't get done, so I could add a bunch if anyone is interested in WWBV.

Kudosx fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Mar 20, 2015

Apache
May 11, 2004

I was talking to some people in the extra Huna release line yesterday and mentioned I was going to Belgium in May. They suggested trying to set up in person trades while I'm there. Has anyone here done that while travelling abroad? Is it worth trying to set something up for a rarer beer than I'd otherwise be able to get there? I'm not that familiar with Lambics, other than that they tend to be expensive, but I take it that I can probably purchase a decent amount of Cantillon and Drie Fontein while I'm in Brussels. Are there any things that you guys would recommend trying to trade for there? I'd probably be trying at least to get some Framboos, not sure what else to try for.

ExtremistCow
Oct 15, 2005

Apache posted:

I was talking to some people in the extra Huna release line yesterday and mentioned I was going to Belgium in May. They suggested trying to set up in person trades while I'm there. Has anyone here done that while travelling abroad? Is it worth trying to set something up for a rarer beer than I'd otherwise be able to get there? I'm not that familiar with Lambics, other than that they tend to be expensive, but I take it that I can probably purchase a decent amount of Cantillon and Drie Fontein while I'm in Brussels. Are there any things that you guys would recommend trying to trade for there? I'd probably be trying at least to get some Framboos, not sure what else to try for.

There's a thread somewhere on Talkbeer that keeps pretty up to date with what's available to buy at Cantillon. Definitely check that out closer to when you leave. Other than that, I'd look for one-offs like the Armand Seasons.

Talk to the bartenders at places like Moeder Lambic and Delerium, sometimes they'll let you buy some of the rarer bottles to take away or point you to somebody that might be into trading. Take few bottles of rare American beers, trade 'em if you can, pop 'em with the bartenders if you can't. They will take care of you.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Apache posted:

When are you going? I will be there 1st-6th!

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

ExtremistCow posted:

Take few bottles of rare American beers, trade 'em if you can, pop 'em with the bartenders if you can't. They will take care of you.

Definitely do this even if you don't end up trading. I love showing up to beer bars in foreign countries with bottles from home, you can really make someone's day depending on where you are and what you bring.

Apache
May 11, 2004

a worthy uhh posted:

When are you going? I will be there 1st-6th!

I'll be in Brussels from the 17th to the 20th, then Amsterdam from the the 20th to the 24th. Meaning that I won't be able to tour Drie Fontein since I think they only do tours on Fridays.

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006
How's that go when you do the customs dance?

dphi posted:

Definitely do this even if you don't end up trading. I love showing up to beer bars in foreign countries with bottles from home, you can really make someone's day depending on where you are and what you bring.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Ezrem posted:

How's that go when you do the customs dance?

Declare the beer to customs. Doubt you'll have duty charged but if you do, it shouldn't be a lot of money.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Yeah I'll usually note that I have alcohol packed on the customs card but I've never been asked about it. Customs has pretty much been a breeze whenever I've traveled.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

yeah, you have to hit a certain limit before you have to worry about customs- a case definitely isn't going to be an issue, much less what would fit in your suitcase along with your clothing and whatnot

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

ExtremistCow posted:

There's a thread somewhere on Talkbeer that keeps pretty up to date with what's available to buy at Cantillon. Definitely check that out closer to when you leave. Other than that, I'd look for one-offs like the Armand Seasons.

Hey also might get lucky and find a local with some Framboos 2014 or Armand & Tommy.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

maybe i'm late to the party, but i'm highly interested in some O'so/Funk Factory lambic-style beers. i've got lots and lots of stuff to trade- message me your preferred styles and i'll let you know what's available.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?
Got a nice package of beer from Vertigo yesterday! NC for PA trade, nothing big name, but we made up for it on volume.

Vertigo, gotta ask you where the hell you got that shipping box! Looks like it's been used since the mid-90's to ship beer and I'm pretty sure it's structurally more tape than cardboard at this point.

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

I actually got it from a deal I did with Air... I think it'll be in a NC graveyard very soon. I figured it had one or two trips left in it yet.

Glad to see it all made it there in one piece!!!

Edit : waiting on your box today. Hopefully it gets here as planned. It's been "out for delivery" all day.... UPS hates my neighborhood as we're the last one to get hit each day.

Edit : Received!! Thanks man!!

Vertigo fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 26, 2015

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Does anyone have HF Le Sarrasin? ISO.

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

I sent out a couple boxes today , some for goons... and I want to apologize in advance. I just had a Heady with my lunch... some of you got it as an extra.... this batch is way off... I should never have included it in a trade. The Peanut Butter taste wasn't our imagination that night. poo poo.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

ISO Heady variants (esp. nutella)

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

Got a really nice box from Apache. Hopefully he gets mine today.

He included a bottle of his breakfast stout homebrew which was fantastic!

Apache
May 11, 2004

Vertigo posted:

Got a really nice box from Apache. Hopefully he gets mine today.

He included a bottle of his breakfast stout homebrew which was fantastic!

Got a nice box from Vertigo today, some great extras from PA and VT, including a Sunday morning stout, Heady, and Second Fiddle brewed a little over a week ago.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
ISO: Pliny(s). Any other west coast greats.

FT: Anything I can get in FL. I live next to Cigar City and several other awesome local breweries.

I've been homebrewing for a few years but I drink so much of my own swill that I have virtually zero craft beer experience outside of this area. Unless they are nationally available (or regionally in the Southeast) I've probably never had one. Trying to rectify that by working my way through the famous beers I can't get.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

ISO Council Beatitude variants
FT 3 Brothers Fut Note Plum, Raspberry, Blackcurrant

3:3

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

a worthy uhh posted:

ISO Council Beatitude variants