Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Darn it, Erin! Death said no more foolin' around topside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Roach Warehouse posted:

It's not like Death held up his end of the bargain.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

howe_sam posted:

It's not like Death held up his end of the bargain.

Yeah, if I sacrificed my life for some dumb nerd and he managed to get himself killed right after, I think I'd just be like "gently caress it" too.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Roach Warehouse posted:

Of all the people in this comic who could give less of a poo poo :v:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Is Erin going to tattle on her sister?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
That is an impressive drawing of a boy as a horse.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Well, it never really got explained why everyone suddenly remembers Erin and are aware she is a Hell Lord now. I think the only suggestion the story provides is that it happened when she lost her soul to save a boy.

But, hey, at least they will be together now and it won't even be sappy.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I think the idea is, memory of her got wiped when she went to hell, and the way her "human half" escaped the first time didn't undo the process, like it was illegitimate in some way. When she goes full demon and walked around like that, she has more "officially" left hell, and so her memory is allowed to leave with her.

Idunno, it's all silly ghost logic anyway, so this is just the way it [i]feels[/i ]to me. Like different methods of leaving hell might or might not undo the "erased from mortal existence" status.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Assuming Erin isn't fibbing about Shelley :supaburn:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Two terrible parents, the poor kid will never have a chance.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Maybe Erin will adopt the kid! Being prince/princess of hell would be much more normal than anything shelley and tim-within-shelley's-sphere-of-influence could manage.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
They'll have Tim's knack for mad science and Shelley's gift for shenanigans and things will be awesome.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Tim and Shelley will give birth to a very sensible child who will raise them to be competent adults.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
This story is happy end :)

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Rand Brittain posted:

Tim and Shelley will give birth to a very sensible child who will raise them to be competent adults.

This is totally the glorious future stretching out ahead of them.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
And so Shelley gives birth to the Antichrist.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

John Allison posted:

March 28, 2015 :: BOBBINS CONCLUDES! Will it ever return? I never say never, but the old characters won't return for a good while. Thanks for reading it! I'm taking a break next week to work on a writing a new story - Charlotte and Shauna's "Space Is The Place". See you here on April 6th.

Aw yeah. LOTTIE IS BACK.

Time for Murder She Writes 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Edit: Also going by Allison's tumblr, the next story (presumably after "Space Is The Place" is called YAWNING SKY. And will feature Robert Cop and Serene Wanderer who just showed up in this last story. Kinda like the mystery teens showed up right at the end of Scary Go Round now I think about it.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Mar 28, 2015

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
So wait--was the being done with Bobbins thing specifically being done with the people prominent in this last story arc, and we'll still see the SGR crew from time to time? Or is Tackleford being abandoned entirely?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

The Lord of Hats posted:

So wait--was the being done with Bobbins thing specifically being done with the people prominent in this last story arc, and we'll still see the SGR crew from time to time? Or is Tackleford being abandoned entirely?

Next story is Charllote and Shauna, so the former. We'll probably catch glimpses of their lives here and there.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Leroy Dennui posted:

This story is happy end :)

The two disrupting characters who are atrocious to everyone else and each other, got the reward, a bunch of other people who did no wrong ended up dead.

How is this a happy ending?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Rich did everything wrong.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Fried Chicken posted:

The two disrupting characters who are atrocious to everyone else and each other, got the reward, a bunch of other people who did no wrong ended up dead.

How is this a happy ending?

Merely wanted to quote this because I'm retarded.

This story is bittersweet end.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Should the OP be updated to reflect the change in status?

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

The Lord of Hats posted:

I think the specific problem he had was that pulling back to include Bobbins and SGR characters made juggling continuity too hard. Now everyone is dead or squared away, with a stable situation that'll allow him to rotate them in and out like he did during Bad Machinery.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Yvonmukluk posted:

Should the OP be updated to reflect the change in status?

NO NEVER

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

GET HYPE.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

If this is literally Lottie and Shauna IN SPACE I don't know if it's even possible to get that hype.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEflfQT9BKs

The Place confirmed to be Space.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I'm so glad the Bad Machinery kids are back. :unsmith:

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

"Part 1 of 3." So this won't be ongoing? Also, do we still get Mildew???

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

feetnotes posted:

"Part 1 of 3." So this won't be ongoing? Also, do we still get Mildew???

Considering this is the much-touted space-themed sequel to Murder She Writes, I think it was always going to have a fixed ending. Presumably after that we'll move onto Yawning Sky, which may or may not be the new ongoing.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Bad Machinery kids are way more interesting than the Bobbins people, so I'm glad they are back.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Man, it's only been a page and I'm already reminded why I like the Bad Machinery girls better.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lottie should be the Tackleford Poet Laureate.

abardam
Mar 1, 2015
I dunno why I feel so invested in a fictional character's possible-acceptance letter. Is there a word for that kind of anticipation? Like a combination of excitement and dread?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

I'm more invested in the state of the British Post. Humphrey's strong opinions have swayed me.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Fried Chicken posted:

I'm more invested in the state of the British Post. Humphrey's strong opinions have swayed me.

It says something that Margaret Thatcher herself refused to privatise the Royal Mail.

I'd also like to see Ryan give Humphrey the TRUE MAILMAN FACTS.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Oh no not Wales!

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
A week off school. THE DREAM!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010