Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

StrifeHira posted:

Speaking of,

Grunkle Piccolo is still one of my favorite movie tidbits. :3:

If someone ever did a redo of GT, instead of Goku, the adult chaperone for the kids should be Piccolo, just imagining him having to deal with Goten, Trunks, Pan, Bra, Marron, and Uub(and whatever other new kids that could be thought up of to join them) while they fly through space is both hilarious and heart-warming

Also picturing Kuriza and a group of his henchmen(all relatives of various alien enemies seen throughout DBZ and it's movies) acting as a slightly more competent version of Pilaf and his group opposing them in their hunt for the Black Star Dragon Balls(for extra irony have Pilaf, Mai, and Shu be part of the good guy group)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Pureauthor posted:

Trunks and Goten in BoG looked identical to Trunks and Goten from the Buu saga despite it being like 5 years later.

Saiyan biology, man

Considering what Trunks was wearing, it actually made them both look younger. What 12 year old wears overalls?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Making baby Pan go Super Saiyan in Resurrection F would be the most breathtakingly spectacular way of decanonizing GT.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

mycot posted:

Making baby Pan go Super Saiyan in Resurrection F would be the most breathtakingly spectacular way of decanonizing GT.

that kinda has problems though, considering that during the DBZ epilogue she doesn't show any signs of being able to go Super Saiyan

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

that kinda has problems though, considering that during the DBZ epilogue she doesn't show any signs of being able to go Super Saiyan

She was asked by Hercule to be nice.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

StrifeHira posted:

Speaking of,

The artist probably intended it to be a cute baby hoodie, but all I see is a namekian child who has been skinned alive.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Petiso posted:

The artist probably intended it to be a cute baby hoodie, but all I see is a namekian child who has been skinned alive.

It should have had a fluffy texture

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTUabs0NFPk

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

mycot posted:

I was shocked when Bulma said the "Vegeta's not aging, but I am" line in Battle of Gods. I thought that was just from fanfiction.

One of the final Z episodes references it. Around 1:15 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkXarztLVuY

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

StrifeHira posted:

Speaking of,

Dammit, now you've got me picturing Piccolo as Grunkle Stan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p91EYl8yCI
Now imagine this scene except with Piccolo and Gohan.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I just re-saw the end of Z, and yeah, unless Uub is swinging near God levels of power, then again. I noticed that Goku mentions that it's been "5 years of peace" when the year gap is 10. (Buu is defeated in Age 774, 784 is when Goku trains Uub)

Battle of Gods takes place 4 years after Buu, so if three years/781 is when Beerus is waking up and Revival of [F] is happening, then yeah, Goten and Trunks should be looking more like their final episode selves

Which I guess it's too hard to make a 3 year younger version of them?

But yeah, discredits the claim that "5 years of Peace" since Frieza coming back from Hell officially derails the oriignal ending.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

They didn't see Freeza as being that big of a deal probably.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Or maybe they caught wind of Frieza looking for (future) Trunks and opted to keep him out of it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

They are off having awkward teen group dates with Mai, following off Battle of God's plotline.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Onmi posted:

I just re-saw the end of Z, and yeah, unless Uub is swinging near God levels of power, then again. I noticed that Goku mentions that it's been "5 years of peace" when the year gap is 10. (Buu is defeated in Age 774, 784 is when Goku trains Uub)

Battle of Gods takes place 4 years after Buu, so if three years/781 is when Beerus is waking up and Revival of [F] is happening, then yeah, Goten and Trunks should be looking more like their final episode selves

But yeah, discredits the claim that "5 years of Peace" since Frieza coming back from Hell officially derails the oriignal ending.

Vegeta looks so done with their bullshit

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i dont like gotens hairwhen he grows up he looks cooler as mini goku with a more orange suit

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

tbp posted:

i dont like gotens hairwhen he grows up he looks cooler as mini goku with a more orange suit

Agreed.

I'm not terribly fond of Goten as a character because he's never given too many opportunities to shine or demonstrate personality traits outside of "being seven years old" and being a foil to Gohan and Trunks. The fact that he turns into a generic Gohan/Yamcha as an adult seals his mediocrity as a character.

Also Goten/Trunks antics being a sort of weird reflection of Goku and Vegeta make me think that if Toei wanted the adventures of Kid Goku in space, they should have just pulled a Star Trek 2009 and have some sort of time shennanigans that send 12-year-old Goku and 16-year-old Bulma into space where they can meet Vegeta, Raditz, and Nappa and have wacky space adventures that way. At least then you don't deal with the crushing disappointment of none of the kid characters (Goten, Uub, et al) amounting to poo poo.

Xibanya fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 26, 2015

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

StrifeHira posted:

Speaking of,

She's a littler green and I can't handle it

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Stallion Cabana posted:

Vegeta looks so done with their bullshit

You never know what you have till it's gone. Like he hated Trunks for 90% of the android/cell saga but in the future there are probably times when he just thinks "I miss my Good Son"

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Onmi posted:

Revival of F takes place around a year after BoG judging by Pan still being an infant. And Beerus' appearance is explained as him being woken up early by all the noise from Whis training Goku and Vegeta.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yinlock posted:

You never know what you have till it's gone. Like he hated Trunks for 90% of the android/cell saga but in the future there are probably times when he just thinks "I miss my Good Son"

Any excuse to post this again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueKaO8OSKYA

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I really want new stories in the DBZ world. I would love to see more adventures in line with Dragonball. Maybe something along the lines of 100 years later blah blah blah

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Eonwe posted:

I really want new stories in the DBZ world. I would love to see more adventures in line with Dragonball. Maybe something along the lines of 100 years later blah blah blah

Goku Jr. vs. Vegeta Jr., you mean? Yeah, I'd be way down for that.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Eonwe posted:

Maybe something along the lines of 100 years later blah blah blah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RQdVV8hR-I

I'm not sure if it sucks but it's GT so it might.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Goku Jr. vs. Vegeta Jr., you mean? Yeah, I'd be way down for that.

I was thinking more along the lines of mostly new people. Maybe a kid is inspired by tales of Goku and Hercule taking down Buu or something and decides to go on an adventure, meeting all kinds of wacky companions along the way

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Eonwe posted:

I was thinking more along the lines of mostly new people. Maybe a kid is inspired by tales of Goku and Hercule taking down Buu or something and decides to go on an adventure, meeting all kinds of wacky companions along the way

That can be you, today. Get out there Eonwe!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mabels big day posted:

That can be you, today. Get out there Eonwe!

i want to be a goku

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Xibanya posted:

I'm not terribly fond of Goten as a character because he's never given too many opportunities to shine or demonstrate personality traits outside of "being seven years old" and being a foil to Gohan and Trunks. The fact that he turns into a generic Gohan/Yamcha as an adult seals his mediocrity as a character.

It's a shame, I've always thought that Goten had a ton of opportunities to develop as a character, never knowing yet always being compared to Goku, losing Chi Chi and Gohan, having spent so much time around the Briefs, but never really capitalized on it. And, I'm not being ironic when I say this, character development is a hell of a lot less cool than DBZ fights.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I like Goten. It was neat that he didn't actually act much like Dragon Ball Goku despite looking just like him.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Goten always freaked me out since he looked exactly like Goku. Not really an inspired design choice by Toriyama.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Monaghan posted:

Goten always freaked me out since he looked exactly like Goku. Not really an inspired design choice by Toriyama.

Goku also looks exactly like Bardock. Weak Gines I guess.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

N-nice.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Prison Warden posted:

Goku also looks exactly like Bardock. Weak Gines I guess.
mods?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Don't forget Turles. But hey, we don't actually see many Saiyans, maybe Goku just has one of those phases. Or a lot of the lower class warriors look the same.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

StrifeHira posted:

Speaking of,

I dunno how but that made Pan adorable.

Then again anything that makes Piccolo look goofy makes my day

KoB
May 1, 2009
Videl's mom hair is dumb.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
So not only does Buu pick a fight with a Malteser, I'm pretty sure the candy is winning. :allears: I can't believe I waited this long to watch the rest of this show.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

YggiDee posted:

So not only does Buu pick a fight with a Malteser, I'm pretty sure the candy is winning. :allears: I can't believe I waited this long to watch the rest of this show.

Are you referring to the world's strongest fighting candyball?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Candy Vegeto may be the greatest moment in anime history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
He really delivered on the concept of fusion and exceeded anyone's imagining of how badass it would be if Goku and Vegeta shared a body. I remember being all "goddammit all fusion really does is make you a cocky prick." Right before Buu lost a fight to a loving malted milk ball.

• Locked thread