Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
The real secret is putting Marriott Gaslamp first and Omni second. :smug:

ohgod please let me get in again this year :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Axel Serenity posted:

The real secret is putting Marriott Gaslamp first and Omni second. :smug:

ohgod please let me get in again this year :ohdear:

Except it's all a mess this year so no one has a "primary" hotel like previous years.

Edit: Wait, did I get a weird form with a box with all the hotels rather than a choice? Anyone else get that?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

RevKrule posted:

Except it's all a mess this year so no one has a "primary" hotel like previous years.

Edit: Wait, did I get a weird form with a box with all the hotels rather than a choice? Anyone else get that?

Everyone got that. It's dumb. I don't even really want anything besides my first three choices anyway; it would help if I could just put like two choices on there.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

RevKrule posted:

Uh, you're supposed to put in your hotels in order of preference via a pull-down menu. Once you select one, it saves that below and the pull-down tab resets.

Not sure what you got. :stare:

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

So Darko and I got one thing and Axel got another. Who got what form wise?

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Axel Serenity posted:

Uh, you're supposed to put in your hotels in order of preference via a pull-down menu. Once you select one, it saves that below and the pull-down tab resets.

Not sure what you got. :stare:

We just got a big list that you had to hit control to select 6 of them. It happened to me and my parents too. I went back and resent once I saw you guys had proper forms.

There is no validation on form submission, even the confirmation boxes at the end. I can only guess that's a bandwidth saving measure, but it means theres going to be a LOT of forms with improper data.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:
Ya'll can go back on the website and play around with it. It'll be up for a while. Seems to be just like last year as far as I can tell.

edit: Ah, sounds like maybe the congestion jumbled some of your guys' pages. :ohdear:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

RevKrule posted:

So Darko and I got one thing and Axel got another. Who got what form wise?

It's supposed to be the drop-down menu. When my browser wasn't loading I hit stop on it and the form popped up but not fully loaded, so I just got a list of hotels but selecting one didn't add it to my "6 hotels" list. So I had to reload it for the proper form.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Ah, yeah, reloaded, and see I got the wrong form. Oh well, whatever, back on the beach this year.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
If this was your form, I'm afraid you got the wrong one, apparently. :(

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
I got the broken form at 9:00, called Travel planners at like 9:25 and they were like "sucks to be you, haha, man that's gonna suck, we're gonna get so many calls, oh well, I can maybe book you for stuff out in mission valley, let me go ahead and write that down, heh, sure thing, I'll take your info i'm totally sure we can get you a hotel, heh. okay yeah don't call back we got everything we need."

Pretty unhappy with that.

edit: Called back and the first guy on the phone was like "oh yeah the form bug? yeah, we got your submission, it was just un-ordered, so when you get the email with all your choices, just reply to it with your ordered list and we'll figure it out on our end. you're good."

Beast of Bourbon fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Mar 24, 2015

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
Some unholy luck has got me the Marriott connected to the convention center 3 years in a row.

Going for 4.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Question for the trade pros. When do you usually know what booth number you will have? A bookseller buddy of mine has graciously offered to have some copies of one of my books at his booth. I'm going to be handing out postcards and would like to say "Get your copy now at Awesome Bookseller, Booth 1234!"

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Just got an email from SDCC regarding the block form versus the other form.

quote:

Dear $FirstName $LastName,

Thank you for submitting your Comic-Con housing request today. According to our records, we realize that you may have experienced a problem with the hotel drop down menu on the form. To ensure accuracy of your hotel preferences, please click on the link below to submit your six (6) hotel choices in order of preference. Once you have submitted your choices we will process your request based on the time stamp from your original submission.

To complete the reservation process quickly and efficiently, your form submission must be received no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time on Wednesday, March 25th. Hotel choices cannot be processed via telephone.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Sincerely,
Travel Planners

So it looks like enough people raised hell over it and I may still get a good hotel.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Oh man, I got the block form and didn't get an email.

Is the link 'private' aka registered to you? If not, can you PM it to me?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Beast of Bourbon posted:

Oh man, I got the block form and didn't get an email.

Is the link 'private' aka registered to you? If not, can you PM it to me?

I don't believe it's private since they ask for your email address. I've pm'd it to you.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Submission receipts are going out. Keep an eye on your email and double - check the info when it arrives!

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
So, I now have 2 separate receipts (different reg codes) with my top 6 downtown hotels. Maybe I'll get 2 different hotels? Who knows! Either way I'll be turning one back in to the pool.

Surprised this worked out so well.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Beast of Bourbon posted:

So, I now have 2 separate receipts (different reg codes) with my top 6 downtown hotels. Maybe I'll get 2 different hotels? Who knows! Either way I'll be turning one back in to the pool.

Surprised this worked out so well.

Did you submit twice? Did you have a "bad" form and was asked to refill your selections via email?

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
Got a receipt for my request but no confirmation, usually by now I'd have a confirm.

:shrug:

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Axel Serenity posted:

Did you submit twice? Did you have a "bad" form and was asked to refill your selections via email?

I had the bad form, but submitted anyways with all downtown hotels.

I called in, per twitter instructions, and they took down a separate order for me that was all mission valley / old town hotels.

I then got the email saying "hey your form was f'd up, please order these" and it was the downtown hotels that I originally asked for.

Then today I get 2 separate registrations with both the exact same hotels. Both have the same name/address/everything so I can't imagine it will really work out, but I also don't need 2 hotel rooms so I'll be turning one back in after I lock in one.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I haven't gotten anything.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Zeitgueist posted:

Got a receipt for my request but no confirmation, usually by now I'd have a confirm.

Hotel confirmations will be tomorrow or possibly early Friday to let you know what hotel you landed at. These are just request confirmations.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Zeitgueist posted:

Booking confirmations are never this quick. Usually you get a receipt day of (usually about 1-2 PM PDT) but with the hosed form this year, I think they held off on request receipts until the deadline for that (which was 2 PM PDT today). After that point, they sent out the request receipts. Tomorrow we'll probably get booking confirms or letters of regret but they may push into Friday, again because of the colossal fuckup of yesterday.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Nothing yet. I'm getting all OCD worrying if I mistyped my email address.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Hotel request received.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Request confirmation received.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Hijinks Ensue posted:

Nothing yet. I'm getting all OCD worrying if I mistyped my email address.

Hijinks Ensue posted:

Request confirmation received.

I'm in stage 1 right now, please don't tell me I hosed this up.

Jarnet
Jan 7, 2007

What happens with all the cancellations from multiple people in one party trying for hotels? Is there a second run of them a few months later? I've never needed one last minute so I don't know how that scramble works.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Jarnet posted:

What happens with all the cancellations from multiple people in one party trying for hotels? Is there a second run of them a few months later? I've never needed one last minute so I don't know how that scramble works.

You check the hotel planners site every day and they have cancelations. Or you book in like hotel circle, which while not ideal, can be both cheaper and easier to deal with since the shuttle now runs 24 hours. Barring wanting to do that, you can also book some where not listed (or not on the shuttle route) and drive in, either a) entering the parking lottery with the terrible ace parking or b) parking at the marriott adjacent and "losing" your ticket when you pull out (this is somewhere in line w/$40/day but puts you next door for parking).

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:

RevKrule posted:

b) parking at the marriott adjacent and "losing" your ticket when you pull out (this is somewhere in line w/$40/day but puts you next door for parking).

Just curious, where does that leave people who actually do get to stay at the Marriott? Like, is there a chance that someone staying there may not actually get to park there, or do they save enough spaces for all confirmed guests?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Downtown hotels open up on the consolation site a few times every year as well if you check it regularly. You typically don't have to worry too much about hotels, except if you want to stay at the Marriott or the Hilton or something.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Darko posted:

Downtown hotels open up on the consolation site a few times every year as well if you check it regularly. You typically don't have to worry too much about hotels, except if you want to stay at the Marriott or the Hilton or something.
Does anyone have a link to this?

I screwed the pooch by actually doing work at work on Tuesday and, well, I'm SOL with hotels now.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Ugh, this waiting is driving me nuts. :bang:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
E-mail confirmations are trickling out.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
I only got my request confirmation earlier today, I wonder how screwed I am in getting a downtown hotel.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
I finished at 9:02 (with the other issues spoken about here) and just got the "no hotels for you" email.

I picked 6 downtown hotels and checked that if they're not available, book me into any available hotel.

quote:

Dear Comic-Con Guest,

Thank you for participating in the hotel reservations request process for Comic-Con 2015. Thousands of requests were received in the first few minutes of opening. All were processed in the order that they were received. Unfortunately, the entire allotted Comic-Con hotel inventory had been reserved prior to your request's position in the queue.

If you requested to be waitlisted on your form, you have been waitlisted for your preferred hotels. This is in the same order as your original request.

Even though your request could not be processed, there is still a way to book into the Comic-Con hotel inventory. Confirmed reservations will be changing and/or cancelling over the next several days. Although it is not likely that downtown hotels will become available, this will free up a limited number of rooms in the surrounding areas like Mission Valley, Harbor Island and Shelter Island. This inventory of non-downtown rooms will be made available to all on April 8, 2015 at 9AM Pacific Time.

Please watch the hotels page on Comic-Con's website for details on how to take advantage of this opportunity.

If you have any questions, please click here to reply to ComicConRes@tphousing.com.

Thank You,

Your Comic-Con 2015 Housing Team | Reservations
Travel Planners Inc. | 381 Park Avenue South, New York, NY 10016
Office: 212.532.1660 or 877-552-6642 |
ComicConRes@tphousing.com | https://www.tphousing.com

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Beast of Bourbon posted:

I finished at 9:02 (with the other issues spoken about here) and just got the "no hotels for you" email.

I picked 6 downtown hotels and checked that if they're not available, book me into any available hotel.

This could also be for your second "excuse me while I laugh at you for our mistake" submission though, couldn't it?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

The University of Comic Con Hotels has rejected my application for enrollment. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

RevKrule posted:

This could also be for your second "excuse me while I laugh at you for our mistake" submission though, couldn't it?

This is true, I only got 1 rejection so far.

• Locked thread