Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

paranoid randroid posted:

Flunkmaster Flex

Flunkmaster Fuckup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

FAUXTON posted:

Flunkmaster Fuckup.

Nah, he pretty well achieved exactly what the Kochs up his rear end wanted from him.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Bob James posted:

This ain't your father's GOP, dude.

"The Party making sweet gains since 2010!"

:smithicide:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

Flunkmaster Fuckup.

Goofy Mane

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Bob James posted:

And someone thought it was a good idea to have him dressed as an extra from Saved by the Bell.

Go to a 24 Hour Fitness and report back.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Hillary might say Bibi has her full unwavering support, but if he tries to gently caress her over, that support is going to waver like a flag in a windstorm after the election. And the rest of the Likud government is going to know that Hillary has a very good chance of winning the election. Deliberately sabotaging the US-Israeli relationship seems like a good way to ruin your career as PM.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Sir Tonk posted:

Go to a 24 Hour Fitness and report back.

Dopey looking white people with backwards caps can also be found in the modern era, yes.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Do undecided voters care about Israel? Does US-Israeli relations get people to the polls? I get that its a vector to attack Obama on, but it seems like kind of a weak thing to attack a candidate on during a presidential debate. Pumping up Israel seems like what you do when you are fundraising but its not really something you make an issue.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

I don't have any polls to back it up, but I feel like the people who will care the most about it are the diehard religious types. Man, it sure would suck for the Dems to lose that group.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Lockback posted:

Do undecided voters care about Israel? Does US-Israeli relations get people to the polls? I get that its a vector to attack Obama on, but it seems like kind of a weak thing to attack a candidate on during a presidential debate. Pumping up Israel seems like what you do when you are fundraising but its not really something you make an issue.

That's just it though. You don't think these people are playing the long-term funding game by appealing to pro-Israel boosters like Sheldon Adelson in an attempt to get some of their sweet cash before FEC regulations kick in by declaring?

EDIT: Remember, these are the sort of people who managed to get Chris Christie to apologize to them for daring to use the phrase "occupied territories" in a speech.

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Mar 26, 2015

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Lancelot posted:

Sorry for the quality, it's a massive file otherwise.
This is glorious. Thank you for making my day.

Mister Macys posted:

"The Party making sweet gains since 2010!"
I wouldn't vote for this dweeb.

He obviously has been skipping Leg Day since Clinton's last term. What's his poor gym regiment say about his decisionmaking.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

^^^
I fully expect the whole "Lets not pay our debt because we're so loving poor" thing will come back time and time again, too.

Can someone make a gif where

zooms in and becomes

Preferably with RAND PAUL 2016?

Thanks in advance.
No :colbert:

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

A MIRACLE posted:

Its been 4 years and I still don't understand why this happened

The GOP was thrilled to have a veep candidate who could coherently string together seven words, and things got a little out of control

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Yesssssssssss

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

QwertyAsher posted:

The GOP was thrilled to have a veep candidate who could coherently string together seven words, and things got a little out of control

And thus was the word "wonk" run into the ground forever.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

ElegantFugue posted:

I don't have any polls to back it up, but I feel like the people who will care the most about it are the diehard religious types. Man, it sure would suck for the Dems to lose that group.

Israel is a Thing even up here in Canada during elections, it matters to a lot of people.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jonked posted:

Hillary might say Bibi has her full unwavering support, but if he tries to gently caress her over, that support is going to waver like a flag in a windstorm after the election. And the rest of the Likud government is going to know that Hillary has a very good chance of winning the election. Deliberately sabotaging the US-Israeli relationship seems like a good way to ruin your career as PM.

Lockback posted:

After the election all bets are off but up until the votes are counted both candidates are going to kowtow and give sloppy blowjobs to Israel. Nobody is going to be caught saying anything that can even remotely be construed as distancing themselves from Israel. And yes, even undecided voters are going to nod their head in approval when someone says, "well Israel is the only democracy and our very best friend in the Middle East and we need to slurp slurp slurp gag slurp , stand by them, cause who else would help us against the terrorists."

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
The thing about Israel is that there is pretty much no real loss for either side being crazy pro-Israel. What voting blocs are you going to piss off with it - Muslims and far left liberals? So two blocs that aren't big parts of the GOP base. What does Hillary have to gain in the election by saying anything other then she is 100% pro Israel? I mean, once she's in office she can waffle at least as much as Obama, but it seems dumb to do so in an actual election.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

I had to click through to confirm that Bush wasn't going to sack him, which would have honestly shocked me. Who next, Ed Meese? But it's just Bill Kristol being an idiot.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Flunkmaster Flex is a good one.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

It's 3am and your children are safe and asleep, but there's a phone in their playpen and it's ringing. Something's happening in the World of Little People. Your vote will decide who answers that call. Whether it's someone who already knows where all the toys are on the floor you're going to step on in the dark or whether you're going to have to loving get out of bed again because holy poo poo I told you to pick up before bedtime Randy!!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Joementum posted:

Here's a thing that exists: Kelley Paul: the photo shoot.

Why does it exist? :iiam:

11/4/2016. Rand Paul is going to make you his bitch.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I bet you thought that Donald Trump was as silly as this was going to get. Well, you might be wrong because....

Louie Gohmert is weighing a Presidential bid.

:getin: oh please, please, please :getin:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://www.texastribune.org/2015/03/26/gohmert-floats-presidential-campaign/

Dammit Joe, I was just gonna post that :argh:

That's what, a governor, Congressman, and Senator that all want to run from Texas?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

http://www.texastribune.org/2015/03/26/gohmert-floats-presidential-campaign/

Dammit Joe, I was just gonna post that :argh:

That's what, a governor, Congressman, and Senator that all want to run from Texas?

Better than running towards Texas, I guess.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I'm of the belief that people will not give the slightest of shits about Israel by fall next year, and this is a losing issue on the Republicans. The World Cannot Wait for this election to be over.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Joementum posted:

I bet you thought that Donald Trump was as silly as this was going to get. Well, you might be wrong because....

yes YES YES!

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

AsInHowe posted:

yes YES YES!

Gohmert v. Cruz in the primary debates is almost too good to hope for. Imagine the craziest poo poo you've ever heard in your life, then imagine what they're going to come up with trying to one-up each other in real time.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Bloomberg has an in-depth interview with Ted Cruz about his plans for foreign policy. The three foreign policy experts he cites as trustworthy: John Bolton, Elliott Abrams, and James Woolsey. :catstare:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Faith or Fear: How Jews Can Survive in a Christian America A Book by Elliott Abrams

A real winner.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Nonsense posted:

Faith or Fear: How Jews Can Survive in a Christian America A Book by Elliott Abrams

A real winner.

Bolton wrote the forward to The Post-American Presidency: The Obama Administration’s War on America.
Woolsey co-authored Shariah: The Threat to America.

Of the three, Abrams might actually be the sane one.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Joementum posted:

Ayyyy lmao

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lancelot posted:

Sorry for the quality, it's a massive file otherwise.

I am so glad I shared that comparison with people of much greater creative ability :unsmith:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Tobermory posted:

Bloomberg has an in-depth interview with Ted Cruz about his plans for foreign policy. The three foreign policy experts he cites as trustworthy: John Bolton, Elliott Abrams, and James Woolsey. :catstare:

Speaking of Bolton, he has a new Op-Ed in the New York Times. Bomb Bomb Bomb, Bomb Bomb Iran

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Scott Walker is accused of telling donors he favors a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants, while stating he opposes amnesty publically.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/416052/walkers-flip-flop-flip-amnesty-eliana-johnson

quote:

The Wall Street Journal’s Reid Epstein is up with a report that, if true — and it is well sourced — will prove very troubling for Scott Walker on the campaign trail. Epstein writes that Walker “told a private dinner of New Hampshire Republicans this month that he backed the idea of allowing undocumented immigrants to stay in the country and to eventually become eligible for citizenship.” That conflicts with statements the governor made as recently as three weeks ago that, in a reversal of his previously held position, he no longer supports comprehensive immigration reform that includes a path to citizenship.

The report comes as Walker is working to position himself as the strongest conservative alternative to Jeb Bush, whose vulnerabilities with the Republican base include his support for comprehensive immigration reform, though not a path to citizenship, as well as to Florida senator Marco Rubio, who led the fight for the Gang of Eight bill in the Senate, but has since said he favors a border security-first approach to reform. Viewed in that light, the revelation about his remarks in New Hampshire may threaten to jeopardize his standing with the party’s rank-and-file-voters, among whom he has engendered tremendous goodwill since standing down public-sector unions and surviving a recall election in Wisconsin.

Walker spokeswoman Kirsten Kukowski denied the Journal’s account. “We strongly dispute this account,” she said in a statement. “Governor Walker has been very clear that he does not support amnesty and believes that border security must be established and the rule of law must be followed. His position has not changed, he does not support citizenship for illegal immigrants, and this story line is false.”

After reports of his past support for a path to citizenship emerged in early February, Walker said that his view had changed.

“I’m flat out saying it. Candidates can say that,” Walker told Fox News’s Chris Wallace, adding that “we need to secure the border” before ultimately moving toward a system of “legal immigration that works.”

Walker signed resolutions as Milwaukee County executive in 2001 and again in 2006 in support of comprehensive immigration reform, but said the Obama presidency and, in particular, the president’s lawlessness, had changed his view. That shift followed reporting, including here at National Review, on the Milwaukee County resolutions, which was at the time hotly contested by the Walker campaign, which said that the governor’s support for a path to citizenship was distinct from any support for amnesty.

Epstein says three separate sources present at a dinner in New Hampshire, where Walker allegedly made the remarks, confirmed his account. They also said Walker mocked Mitt Romney’s statement during the 2012 campaign that illegal immigrants should "self-deport."

THE CONSERVATIVE OPTION on immigration!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
As an interesting side note, Obama has done a better job of securing the border (except regarding the whole refugee crisis thing) than most of his recent predecessors. Higher percentage of interdiction and all that.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So, I'm an Iowan that is currently Independent, not currently eligible to participate in either the Republican or Democratic caucuses. I'm pretty much a centrist who has yet to see any candidate that I care for yet. The last presidential candidate that I felt feelings stronger than "meh" for was Jon Huntsman, R-Utah. I think that the fact that we could have Bush v Clinton for our next presidential election is about as damning a statement as you could possibly have on how broken the process we have for producing viable candidates for President. There's almost zero chance that a meritocratic selection process would choose a third Bush and a second Clinton for the nation to choose from.

Is there any strategy that I can take to try to un-gently caress this situation? Can anyone make a compelling argument why I should register as Republican vs Democrat to participate in caucuses to either promote a worthy candidate, or to try to sabotage the candidacy of a particularly evil person? (there's going to be a hell of a lot of them)

Ginger Beer Belly fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Mar 27, 2015

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I'd forgotten the fun of watching candidates slip knives through each others' ribs like that, with leaks and rumors meant to discredit and put someone on the defensive. I wonder if one of his opponents was responsible for getting that information to Epstein, and which one?

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.

Ginger Beer Belly posted:

So, I'm an Iowan that is currently Independent, not currently eligible to participate in either the Republican or Democratic caucuses. I'm pretty much a centrist who has yet to see any candidate that I care for yet. The last presidential candidate that I felt feelings stronger than "meh" for was Jon Huntsman, R-Utah. I think that the fact that we could have Bush v Clinton for our next presidential election is about as damning a statement as you could possibly have on how broken the process we have for producing viable candidates for President. There's almost zero chance that a meritocratic selection process would choose a third Bush and a second Clinton for the nation to choose from.

Is there any strategy that I can take to try to un-gently caress this situation? Can anyone make a compelling argument why I should register as Republican vs Democrat to participate in caucuses to either promote a worthy candidate, or to try to sabotage the candidacy of a particularly evil person? (there's going to be a hell of a lot of them)

Barring a Democrat challenging Hillary by trying to steal Iowa early, no not really. Bush is probably among the least evil of the realistic GOP candidates in IA, so even sabotaging him won't help your main goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ginger Beer Belly posted:

There's almost zero chance that a meritocratic selection process would choose a third Bush and a second Clinton for the nation to choose from.
I think you're wrong about "second Clinton". Part of the reason that she is the second Clinton is her ambition. Not saying she doesn't love Bill, but she's a political animal through and through. Even without the First Lady thing, 1.33-term NY senator and SecState with no major fuckups (sorry vilerat) is not a bad resume. Not great, but certainly not bad. The other names bandied about aren't definitely on a level above that, at least.

• Locked thread