Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
it makes me angry that always sometimes monsters is respected by a person

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
always sometimes poo poo

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah but it's the Canadian video game awards, what do you expect.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Hahah, what's going on here and why did it win an award

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Maybe the writing is really good

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah but it's the Canadian video game awards, what do you expect.

This game made us say "I'm sorry" the most times, to ourselves and people in general. Let's hear it for the weird Steam game!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Alfred hitchcock: but it was man who was the real monsters. also the developers are twats.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Seriously though anyone who is going "Haha, maybe it's bad, in a funny way:" It's not. It's just bad.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Why is there underwear at the foot of the bed when they're still wearing underwear?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Why is there underwear at the foot of the bed when they're still wearing underwear?
Okay, so we can guess this from context:

She lives there.
The guy in the bed doesn't.
The guy walking into the room does.

Her underwear is on the floor, and she is wearing a different pair. The guy in the bed still has his on, none of his underwear is on the floor. So we can deduce that she left the underwear there earlier. QED.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

like usually when a game is crap i can at least say, well, i can't code or anything, its still more than i could do

but no, i could do that, i could make that game

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

like usually when a game is crap i can at least say, well, i can't code or anything, its still more than i could do

Here's a secret: I did make that game. hosed up and true.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

hosed up, and true

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

FactsAreUseless posted:

Your game is a piece of poo poo.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

hosed up, and true
Leaper: So hosed up and so true...

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Okay, so we can guess this from context:

She lives there.
The guy in the bed doesn't.
The guy walking into the room does.

Her underwear is on the floor, and she is wearing a different pair. The guy in the bed still has his on, none of his underwear is on the floor. So we can deduce that she left the underwear there earlier. QED.

please repost this in the character of Sherlock Holmes, retracting your previous version.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Leaper: So hosed up and so true...

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

My sincere goondolences sir/madam

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

please repost this in the character of Sherlock Holmes, retracting your previous version.
"Oi, Watson, oi sure does love heroin, righty-o, let me tell you wha--

Sherlock and John opened the door and stood before the mom. “Sheryl, you and Jean are going to have extra chores today so I want you to both to come straight home from school. No, going to the Hi-Spot and no going to the Mava. Jean, I agreed to take care of you while your father is overseas and I don’t want to tell him that you have been mis-behaving.”

Sherlock and John nodded and then ran to their bedroom to finish getting ready. A half hour later John and Sherlock looked at themselves in the mirror, their lips were a light shade of pink from a lipstick called, Pink Poodle, and their nails were painted with a matching nail polish.

John grimaced as he looked down and his nails, the lacquer was full of bubbles and lumps. “My nails look awful. I don’t know how women do all this stuff and don’t even get me started on the eyebrow plucking we had to do. It really hurt.”

Sherlock sighed. “For God’s sake John quit whining and let’s go to school.”

John stuck his tongue out at Sherlock as they left the room and made their way downstairs. It was an awkward process as their skirts and puffy slips interfered with their balance.

Sherlock’s mom kissed each girl on the check and handed each of them a lunch sack. “Have a good day girls.”

--t, and I've rightly solved this mystery, I 'ave, done solved it for the Queen, innit?"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Better. Thank you.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

“Always Sometimes Monsters deals in chaos and quantum theories – in every second of our lives, we make choices that forever impact our timelines going forward, dictating whether we keep or lose friends, maintain a job or succeed in our goals. We are the masters of our destinies, Always Sometimes Monsters says – but we can't control other people's lives. That's where it gets tricky.”
4/5 – Joystiq

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Content Warning

Always Sometimes Monsters has content dealing with racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, mental health, sexual assault, child abuse, animal abuse, drug abuse, and suicide.

if you hate sad things that are bad, this game might be too scary for you!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The uh, the pressure of the finger on the keyboard, tiny imperfections in mouse pad, and uh... And, and you see! you see, nobody could have predicted that you would turn off your computer. that, that's chaos.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Always Sometimes Tumblrs

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

this game has, has choices that tell us something and, and turning off the game that's always a choice you can make, that's always one of the endings. maybe this time mario doesn't rescue the princess.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Those graphics look like To the Moon's, which I am just now realizing ws probably made in RPG maker.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"Should we go to the moon?" "Always sometimes."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If you think human beings are always monsters, turn to page 48.

If you think human beings are sometimes monsters, turn to page 123.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

"Should we go to the moon?" "Always sometimes."

That may actually be a line in the game.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

If you think human beings are always monsters, turn to page 48.

If you think human beings are sometimes monsters, turn to page 123.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Choose Your Own Patriarchy

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VideoGames posted:

Choose Your Own Patriarchy
There's just the one. That's the whole point.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What is your birthday?
[MONTH] [DAY] [YEAR]

What is your favorite color?
[BLUE] [RED] [YELLOW] [GREEN] [PINK]

Which wave do you most identify with?
[SECOND] [THIRD]

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

this game has, has choices that tell us something and, and turning off the game that's always a choice you can make, that's always one of the endings. maybe this time mario doesn't rescue the princess.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Bicyclops posted:

Those graphics look like To the Moon's, which I am just now realizing ws probably made in RPG maker.

"Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was a good movie, but it would be even better if Elijah Wood's character was the protagonist and made references to Dr Who and Street Fighter and aspergers was a major plot point."

-To The Moon

FactsAreUseless posted:

What is your birthday?
[MONTH] [DAY] [YEAR]

What is your favorite color?
[BLUE] [RED] [YELLOW] [GREEN] [PINK]

Which wave do you most identify with?
[SECOND] [THIRD]

☑ Female
☐ Cyberdwarf
☑ Other

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

the first 2 paper marios were really good, and the 2 after that were real bad

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Excels posted:

the first 2 paper marios were really good, and the 2 after that were real bad

Super was good, but of a different kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Heavy Lobster posted:

Super was good, but of a different kind.

I disagree. It was funny but mostly bad to play. It would have been better as an RPG.

• Locked thread