Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Try raping Father Gasconade in the rear end in a top hat to expose his weakness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
God drat that shotgun hunter is an rear end in a top hat

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

God drat that shotgun hunter is an rear end in a top hat

Try sucking him off to unlock a unique pyromancy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I unlocked a chalice dungeon, cool.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

fully charged strong attacks can stagger enemies, but I haven't been ballsy enough to try it on a boss yet

You can do it to Gascoigne from behind but it just flattens him and you can't do a backstab :/

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

NickRoweFillea posted:

I got killed by a man with a bag and woke up in a new area? I made it to a lantern and lit it to go home and now I can't go back?

I love this

I think you can go back you just have to use a different headstone than the first one

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Pewdiepie posted:

Try sucking him off to unlock a unique pyromancy.

Did that and got AIDS instead. Thanks, Pewds. *brofist*

Dec 26, 2012

yeah that works without a hitch surprisingly

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have like 4 different places I could be progressing, and I have chalice dungeons...this game is so good

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

I have like 4 different places I could be progressing, and I have chalice dungeons...this game is so good

What's the difference between a chalice dungeon and any other place in the game?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

What's the difference between a chalice dungeon and any other place in the game?

Chalice dungeons are randomly generated dungeons you can summon into existence using crafting materials, and then you can play coop with friends f they share the dungeon code with you, or you can just match make with people. It seems like each floor has a boss and a bunch of encounters. The designs are super straight forward, nothing like the real game, but if you wanna just play coop endlessly it seems like a real good way to do that

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I need help to kill paarl. Help

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Who is Paarl? Is that the name of the lady at the top of oedon?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
no that's vicar somebody

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well then I'm afraid I can't help you. Good luck in your journey.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

After dying to the boss on the first level of this chalice dungeon over 10 times in a row, I have come to the conclusion that I am bad at this game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I beat him and got like 1000 souls and a bloood gem, but it feels good man.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i have run out of places to go, that i know the directions to get there, that have doors that are open and not closed. however, there was a place where there was a closed door and a man behind it asked me for a password, but i cannot find it anymore.
im lost!!!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

there's a rune that heals you for 200 HP every time you do a visceral attack, holy heck

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i have run out of places to go, that i know the directions to get there, that have doors that are open and not closed. however, there was a place where there was a closed door and a man behind it asked me for a password, but i cannot find it anymore.
im lost!!!
its near the big plaza place, there's a mausoleum you can go inside and its below that

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

After dying to the boss on the first level of this chalice dungeon over 10 times in a row, I have come to the conclusion that I am bad at this game

That boss is the hardest part of the whole dungeon congrats

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

That boss is the hardest part of the whole dungeon congrats

I never had any blood vials on any attempts, so I could only take two hits before dying. On the eventual kill I never got hit once, very satisfying

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hosed up though, because I usually play dex characters in these games, but I haven't found a single weapon other than the cane I can equip, so now I'm going to start pumping all my points into strength 20 levels too late. Sigh

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

homeless snail posted:

its near the big plaza place, there's a mausoleum you can go inside and its below that

the big circle w/ the trolls pa...troll...ing it ?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i finally found that fucker in the plague doctor gear after she disappeared from the original location. was just standing outside the church, what a piece of poo poo
told me not to go to the tombs below it because she's gonna kill some guy down there. i want to go but i have no idea where they are.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i finally found that fucker in the plague doctor gear after she disappeared from the original location. was just standing outside the church, what a piece of poo poo
told me not to go to the tombs below it because she's gonna kill some guy down there. i want to go but i have no idea where they are.
I'm pretty sure she's talking about the dude next to the password door, lol

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
well that's good
going to killeveryone

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Well I got grabbed by the ghoulies! Made it out just fine though, that area is terrifying.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

zen death robot posted:

The trick is that this will be the day you give up and buy a PS4 for Bloodborne 2

I won't be doing that, actually. It will be the day that From Software releases the video game Bloodbourne on PC, to drive even greater sales.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

zen death robot posted:

You realize Sony's internal studio co-developed it as well as published it. It's got about as much of a chance of showing up on PC as Last of Us does.

Believe in Miracles.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The city is really pretty.

The game is really pretty.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

fully charged strong attacks can stagger enemies, but I haven't been ballsy enough to try it on a boss yet

I just beat him and you totally stagger him for a few seconds if you hit the littler arm with the big axe in big mode. It was the normal attack too.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

I just beat him and you totally stagger him for a few seconds if you hit the littler arm with the big axe in big mode. It was the normal attack too.

yeah, I think you can stagger every boss somehow, but not always with the gun, they seem to have locational damage points. Like the first boss in the chalice has a growth on his leg and if you target that it will blow up and deal massive damage, and then you can keep targeting the same leg to cripple and stun him. It's cool

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
has anyone found the Scythe-Sword yet? That's the weapon I was looking forward to most in this game

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I defeated paarl solo thru ingenuity, reaction speed, and knocking him down a lot

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

yeah, I think you can stagger every boss somehow, but not always with the gun, they seem to have locational damage points. Like the first boss in the chalice has a growth on his leg and if you target that it will blow up and deal massive damage, and then you can keep targeting the same leg to cripple and stun him. It's cool

You can kneecap the fire dog and you can do it 3 more times during each stun it's epic

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yo the beast boss is a cool mother fucker and that fight was awesome

i really like the visceral attack system it is really rewarding to shoot a boss at the middle of his combo after dodging and then rip its rear end in a top hat out

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
the vicar was giving me trouble but i discovered one trick to own the fight

i love how a lot of these bosses have attacks you can "parry" unlike in dark souls, and also unlike dark souls there are many other ways you can stagger them. ds it was just like, do enough damage to break their poise within 5 seconds and they stagger, maybe. here... im slammin this mother fucker and breaking his knees so that he falls down

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE PENETRATOR posted:

the vicar was giving me trouble but i discovered one trick to own the fight

i love how a lot of these bosses have attacks you can "parry" unlike in dark souls, and also unlike dark souls there are many other ways you can stagger them. ds it was just like, do enough damage to break their poise within 5 seconds and they stagger, maybe. here... im slammin this mother fucker and breaking his knees so that he falls down

im going to be attempting vicar today. I was summoned by a guy and helped him and learned all the Attack patterns, but I still died when the boss had like 4 hits left. I feel bad for the guy I abandoned, RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah the whole "hitting gives healing" and the fact that a lot of bosses actually go apeshit if you put a lot of distance between them is to try and break the souls habit of frantically rolling behind a pillar to drink some fanta during boss fights