Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I once played a guy who ran a Burning Abyss stall Exodia deck, who hid behind two Wind-Up Zenmaines and a Chronomaly Crystal Chrononaut, who didn't throw a single attack the entire duel, and then told me Exodia was "a secondary win condition."

Winning that duel was the most satisfying thing I did that entire night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Cheese decks own.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Senerio posted:

Extra decks are for nerds.

Or for people who want to win.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Dexie posted:

Or for people who want to win.

Nah, just nerds.

e: No, wait, there's one good type of extra deck summoning:

Senerio fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Mar 26, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Fusions ARE super awesome and I'm glad that the past year has given them so many amazing, amazing toys.

What I would really like though, is more cards that can be summoned by this:

That's such a fun card but it has so few targets.

Miracle Xyz Fusion would be pretty rad to have, too.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Senerio posted:

In the spirit of that type of Extra Deck summoning (as well as the type directly opposed to it), I finally went ahead and tried to make a deck on my own. I'm...not sure what the hell I did, to be honest. I don't think this will work at all, but if I'm going to ask about how I'm meant to make this better, I might as well do it now.

The point is obvious, get those sweet Red-Eyes Fusions on the field at once, and maybe the Xyz one while we're at it. Being honest I couldn't think of how to proceed from there, so I just added whatever I felt I could work on the Extra Deck (and, with my lack of knowledge, this translated to easy Rank 4 Xyz).

I know this is pretty bad, any tips on how to make it better?

EDIT: Thinking about it, I should probably throw the Red-Eyes Ritual in somehow.

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Mar 26, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I would work in Black Metal Dragon and One for One.

Card of Red Jewel, too, for the extra draw power.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Card of red jewel is downright amazing.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Senerio posted:

Nah, just nerds.

More like this.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Wait 40 cards is just a minimum? :psyduck:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yup.

But more cards means less chance of topdecking what you want.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

A few gimmicks run more than 40 cards but not many.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fusion monsters are even dumber than Synchro and Xyz monsters now, so they are officially the least cool extra deck.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Beef Waifu posted:

Fusion monsters are even dumber than Synchro and Xyz monsters now, so they are officially the least cool extra deck.

Hoogly boogly you have now forgotten shaddolls and infernoid tierra exist.

Fusions are cool.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh, I forgot entirely about Card of Red Jewel. I added that, as well as Black Metal Dragon.

I'm still not very sure of what I'm doing though. I wish DevPro had an AI mode like YGOPro, or that YGOPro was up to date like DevPro. Oh well.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Shaddolls, Masked Heroes, and now Black Dragon Archfiend.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Masked heroes arent really fusion monsters tho.

You dont fuse anything to get a Kamen Hero.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They have the purple and that's all I need.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
You fuse the monster with the mask.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Skill Drain is awful and Qliphorts are awful and Skill Drain combined with Qliphorts is awful. A deck focused around tributing opponent monsters and using your card effects is, unsurprisingly, at a disadvantage against them.
Any advice? Lots of MSTs and a Dark Hole, maybe?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Kinda bored, and there's not really any TV that I watch tonight, so I'm gonna do some messing around with my terrible horrible no good very bad deck on stream for a bit.

Click here to ENTER THE VOID

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

everythingWasBees posted:

Skill Drain is awful and Qliphorts are awful and Skill Drain combined with Qliphorts is awful. A deck focused around tributing opponent monsters and using your card effects is, unsurprisingly, at a disadvantage against them.

Don't worry, Skill Drain is going to 1 soon enough.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Big fat high original ATK beaters and/or high level effect monsters.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Cursed Seal of the Forbidden one can lock out their Pendulums, Something like Kaiser Colloseum can lock them down to the one-on-one. I really need to know your deck before offering advice.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Cursed Seal of the Forbidden one loving destroys a lot of Scale setting and Spell Shattering Arrow is a good way to blow them up too. If they can't set the scale, then you have a good chance.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Six Samurai.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Onmi posted:

Cursed Seal of the Forbidden one can lock out their Pendulums, Something like Kaiser Colloseum can lock them down to the one-on-one. I really need to know your deck before offering advice.

I'm still playing around with different amounts and substituting some of the cards for other but I'm using this dude's http://www.reddit.com/r/yugioh/comments/2facpv/rf_ghostrick_macro_monarchs_aka_metadestroyerdek/ deck as the base, since I like the idea of adorable tribute engine combined with sacrificing your opponent's monsters, something I really enjoyed with prior decks.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Since the Qliphorts not only love skill drain, a card that I feel like I should be set up to counter anyway, but also can return a card to the hand when they're tributed, it kinda serves as almost a hard counter to that tribute engine.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
Does anyone here use devpro? I got an account as mr_whale.

If you have a bunch of s/t hate, that messes with qliphort pretty effectively.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Another fun stream today!

That Red-Eyes deck was insane though, I didn't think a deck that low in monsters could actually work, much less that well. I still want to test my own though, but I'm not confident enough to test it against people, when I haven't played against people in a bit less than a decade.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Shadolls, D/D/D, Infernoids, new HERO and Red-Eyes stuff, Fluffals/Edge Imps/Frightfurs, Melodious, new Gem-Knight support, fuckin' Noden, the Odd-Eyes Fusions, Timeaus/Critias/Hermos, future Entermage stuff, La Jinn's Fusion from the anime, the Heaven Star/Earth Star stuff from the anime, whatever Yuri's deck ends up being, hell Fusion in general being a BIG loving DEAL right now in Arc-V...

All this love for Fusion stuff over the past year has been completely amazing and I absolutely love it. It took us a long time to get here, but as long as Konami keeps giving it to us, I'm going to keep enjoying it.

Blaze Dragon posted:

That Red-Eyes deck was insane though, I didn't think a deck that low in monsters could actually work, much less that well. I still want to test my own though, but I'm not confident enough to test it against people, when I haven't played against people in a bit less than a decade.

Low monster decks show up every so often. There was a point a couple years back that HERO decks were only running like 7 or so monsters, and it WORKED entirely because of how much searching the deck could do.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please make Ritual Monsters better, they have always been cool, but have never been cool and viable except Nekroz who are dumb and I hate them.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I still can't consistently beat Qliphort but those cards helped a lot, thanks!
Now to tweak my deck for better consistency.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Beef Waifu posted:

Please make Ritual Monsters better, they have always been cool, but have never been cool and viable except Nekroz who are dumb and I hate them.
Gishki were a thing. They were a thing that were SO good that they killed them in advance before they hit the TCG.

Sadly though I doubt we're getting any huge Ritual love. I would love for Konami to do it, but they don't seem interested. Arc-V doesn't even have a Ritual dimension. :argh:

What WOULD be cool is an archetype of Wind Ritual monsters. Did you know that Yu-Gi-Oh doesn't have any Wind Ritual monsters at all? It would be nice to change that (and it would be nice for Wind to start getting some actual real attention and love for once.)

I still can't consistently beat Qliphort but those cards helped a lot, thanks!
Now to tweak my deck for better consistency.
I wouldn't worry too much about it until April 1st when the new banlist kicks in. Qliphorts are taking a pretty notable hit there, so they should be easier to deal with.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Dexie posted:

Gishki were a thing. They were a thing that were SO good that they killed them in advance before they hit the TCG.

Sadly though I doubt we're getting any huge Ritual love. I would love for Konami to do it, but they don't seem interested. Arc-V doesn't even have a Ritual dimension. :argh:

What WOULD be cool is an archetype of Wind Ritual monsters. Did you know that Yu-Gi-Oh doesn't have any Wind Ritual monsters at all? It would be nice to change that (and it would be nice for Wind to start getting some actual real attention and love for once.)

I wouldn't worry too much about it until April 1st when the new banlist kicks in. Qliphorts are taking a pretty notable hit there, so they should be easier to deal with.

Both scout and saqlifice are on the list :eyepop:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Hey guys, saw that the Igknights were on DevPro so I finally decided to download it. Since I like Synchros I put Rose, Warrior of Revenge in there but what the heck Synchros should I have with these idiots?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Every Extra Deck should have Stardust, unless you're running those Monarch support cards that demand you have no Extra Deck at all.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dabir posted:

Every Extra Deck should have Stardust, unless you're running those Monarch support cards that demand you have no Extra Deck at all.

I should sure as heck hope not, otherwise those Fusions and XYZs I have in there already would be a detriment. :v:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Dabir posted:

I've discovered that these cards are absolutely fantastic and that Extra Decks are silly and unnecessary in such deck :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So :siren: The ADTRW Yu-Gi-Oh Battle Pack 2 Draft! :siren:

We need 8 entrents for this to fire and the rules are simple

Step 1: Load up http://www.tcg-arena.de/forum/battlepack/ and generate 3 Packs

Step 2: You would then choose 1 card of this group, and pass it to the player following the circle going Clockwise

Player 1 ----> Player 2
^ V
Player 3 ------ Player 4
^ V
Player 5 ------ Player 6
^ V
Player 7 <----- Player 8

E.G. Player 1 chose Darklord Zerato and then removed it from the list, sending the remaining in private to Player 2. Player 3 passed

This list, minus Injection Fairy Lily. Player 1 takes 1 card from that list before passing it on, and so on and so forth until all 15 cards have been Drafted

Step 3: The orders have now reversed

Player 1 <---- Player 2
V ^
Player 3 ------ Player 4
V ^
Player 5 ------ Player 6
V ^
Player 7 -----> Player 8

Opening 3 more packs but passing counter-clockwise. By this point, you should have 30 cards

Step 4: Players return to the original order and draft their final 3 packs passing Clockwise.

At the end of this, each player should have 45 drafted cards. Which they can use to build a deck of 40. Games will begin in Swiss-format with each duel being a match (best of 3)

At the end of this there wont be any prizes because I have no money to offer a forum upgrade or anything, but you will know that you are the king of ADTRW Drafting.

If you're interested just post here and I'll record you down, I intend to run this in 2 weeks on April 4th UTC +11. I think this could be fun anyway.