Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what do you like best
This poll is closed.
pics 69 0.39%
vids 420 2.40%
gazza.txt 8008 45.77%
havin yer mam 9001 51.44%
Total: 17498 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
For all of you advanced stats lovers out there, the man that brought you this

Is allegedly one of the statistical masterminds behind FC Midtjylland's 9 point gap at the top of the table in the Danish Superliga: https://decorrespondent.nl/2607/How-data-not-humans-run-this-Danish-football-club/230219386155-d2948861

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

trem_two posted:

For all of you advanced stats lovers out there, the man that brought you this

Is allegedly one of the statistical masterminds behind FC Midtjylland's 9 point gap at the top of the table in the Danish Superliga: https://decorrespondent.nl/2607/How-data-not-humans-run-this-Danish-football-club/230219386155-d2948861

What a load of poo poo lol

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

i wonder why messi is so determined to avoid paying all that tax, i figure that if he lives on frozen pizza and buys all his clothes from H and M, I probably have bigger living expenses than he does.

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like
:love:moray cup:love:
:love:sheep:love:

:love:haim:love:

lol at douglas

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

trem_two posted:

Retards posted:

the club’s new leadership has solemnly vowed never again to judge their performance on the basis of a measurement as vulgar and imprecise as the league table. 'In fact, we have a manifesto now,' Ankersen says, 'which says that the model rating always, in any case, overrules the league position in evaluating our performance.'

Holy loving poo poo, I'm sure stats will one day have a bigger part in football but these people are loving delusional.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Last one, I swear

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Holy loving poo poo, I'm sure stats will one day have a bigger part in football but these people are loving delusional.

quote:

'Our model says that last season, Greuther Fürth were good enough to play in the English Premier League.'

lol

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
It's Kissinger's club. They wouldn't even win the Vietnamese league.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

right on time, Billy Beane has signed up to 'advise' AZ Alkmaar

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/mar/26/why-billy-beane-was-right-to-avoid-the-epl-and-work-with-az-alkmaar?CMP=edit_2221

we should probably have an advanced stats thread to dump all this stuff into by now.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

trem_two posted:

I think most of that actually sounds quite reasonable.

HorribleHobo
Jul 27, 2013

Blue Star Error posted:

None the less it, Benham's system has very little to none to do with the signings FC Midtjylland has made this season. All four players that they've bought since the summer's transfer window aren't exactly unknown, no-name players. They bought Sparv, a finnish international, Dahlin, a swedish international, Larsen, a danish player that wasn't good enough to play abroad, and finally Pusic who was and is the league topscorer.
EDIT: They aLSO BOUGHT Marcos Urena, who was a part of Costa Rica's World Cup team.

HorribleHobo fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Mar 26, 2015

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Blue Star Error posted:

quote:

Ankersen is able to say this because the model Midtjylland use ranks all the clubs in Europe as if they are in one big league. Greuther Fürth didn’t play against the Premier League, but they did play HSV of Hamburg, who in turn played Bayern Munich, who, in the Champions’ League, played Manchester City, who played the rest of the Premier League. Thanks to European club tournaments, the model can cross-reference results from different leagues and use advanced statistical tools to rank every club on the continent.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Mods rename me advanced statistical tool

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao yeah because bayern beat man city and man city beat everyone in england then therefore if you can do okay against a team from germany that means you would win the premier league, foolproof logic

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

straight up brolic posted:

we should probably have an advanced stats thread to dump all this stuff into by now.

It would take about a week before it was overrun by people taking that poo poo seriously.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

DickEmery posted:

It would take about a week before it was overrun by people taking that poo poo seriously.
the gift that just keeps giving

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

DickEmery posted:

That sounds like it would make for some big lols imo

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Lets talk about stats bay-bee

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Wengy posted:

Mods rename me advanced statistical tool

advanced statistical stool

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008

Feel free to use it as a wallpaper on your workstation

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Who's the current lineal World Cup champion? Last time I checked it was Japan I think.

Edit: it's Brazil everyone!

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Hoops posted:

Edit: it's Brazil everyone!

And they're playing France tonight. 1998 all over again!

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

JunkDeluxe posted:

Feel free to use it as a wallpaper on your workstation

Deadspin has a pretty good cut of his hat-trick, the Spanish language announcer absolutely loses his poo poo

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Argentina's national team was at the Wizards game last night and after a Pacers player missed free throws during a promotion from Chick-fil-A, everyone in the stadium got free sandwiches. Tevez was pleased

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

TheBigAristotle posted:

Argentina's national team was at the Wizards game last night and after a Pacers player missed free throws during a promotion from Chick-fil-A, everyone in the stadium got free sandwiches. Tevez was pleased

That would be fellow Argentine Luis Scola. The fix was in the whole time.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

Lionel Messi greeting an adult.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

TheBigAristotle posted:

after a Pacers player missed free throws during a promotion from Chick-fil-A, everyone in the stadium got free sandwiches

american sports are garbage

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Chick-fil-A, however is incredible

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

TheBigAristotle posted:

Chick-fil-A, however is incredibly poo poo.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

:eyepop:

I'm the really athletic guy who just sneaks in at the end to deny the extremely hard working striker an opportunity to succeed

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
Jozy and Sepp, budz 4 lyfe

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

This owns

What's it like to be one of the fans behind a flare guy? I'd imagine it's quite annoying

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

TheBigAristotle posted:

This owns

What's it like to be one of the fans behind a flare guy? I'd imagine it's quite annoying

From experience it's actually the best time to light up your cigarette.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Nice to see the NHL doing work for autism awareness.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
Ovechkin is a cool guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fp_Hg9z2rc

Also Subban really has ups, hehehe

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

http://vine.co/v/O32rirFzFrz

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

looks like a subconscious goal

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

This is my worst nightmare every time I play Fifa.