Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I'm only most of the way through 4 right now, from what i understand 5 is perceived as sort of weak but only because of poor translation, but 6 and 7 are great, how is 8 faring in quality so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

minoru suzuki posted:

I'm only most of the way through 4 right now, from what i understand 5 is perceived as sort of weak but only because of poor translation, but 6 and 7 are great, how is 8 faring in quality so far?

It's a mystery, so it's just hard to say how good a mystery is before the end. But so far it's a great ride with weird assholes and JoJo shenanigans and beetle rasslin'. Also I personally love Soft & Wet's design and power.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

minoru suzuki posted:

5 is perceived as sort of weak but only because of poor translation

People sometimes suggest this, but that's not the only issue with part 5; it also has an ending that isn't very good.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Butt Ghost posted:

I recall reading that they're going for 50.

Araki told me that they're going for 52 episodes

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
My stand, [Walks Like An Egyptian], can see the future, and I can confirm that after DIO it goes on for several hundred episodes, Stardust Crusaders just continues with filler arc after filler arc. Kakyoin, Avdol, and Iggy return as ghosts.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

hoobajoo posted:

Also I personally love Soft & Wet's design and power.
I want a Soft & Wet figure and I aint even read JoJolion. That design is just so goodl

I'm really worried Part 4 anime will kick start more Part 4 figures being made cause if so, my wallet is hosed. I already got a Crazy Diamond, but I really want a Killer Queen fig. I also want a Kira, (one figure of Kira allows you to put a sandwich bag in his hand and that's so drat cool) but if I do I'll want Josuke so both Stands have their users and then oops I'm a pit of anime figures.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Moltrey posted:

I want a Soft & Wet figure and I aint even read JoJolion. That design is just so goodl

This but Jobin instead. So dreamy :allears:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Argh, another month of not knowing Aishou's stand's name.

It's totally going to be Rock You Like a Hurricane

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The Lord of Hats posted:

Argh, another month of not knowing Aishou's stand's name.

It's totally going to be Rock You Like a Hurricane

No way, it'll be Every Breath You Take

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

jojolion is great because it's a weird thing that can only exist due to the previous 7 parts and 25+ years of existence, and while it's a big mystery right now you just know that araki's going to neatly tie it up and it's all going to make sense by the end

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
I dunno, Araki making things make sense is a hell of a leap. JoJo is loving crammed with dropped hooks and the like.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Norisuke thinks Kira found out a way to cure the illness - so I'm thinking it's pretty obvious Joubin or someone on his orders killed him.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Million Ghosts posted:

I dunno, Araki making things make sense is a hell of a leap. JoJo is loving crammed with dropped hooks and the like.

6 and 7 were pretty solid, despite a few obvious changes.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Million Ghosts posted:

i feel like at this point he knows exactly what he wants to do, especially with the monthly schedule and the fact that it's starting out as a big mystery in the first place. the series has come a good little way from 'people are now filled with aliens which are coming out due to the arrow or something???' from part 5

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Fair enough, I'm only at Stone Ocean. There's still stuff like Whitesnake's illusion Jizz and the elf people but nothing too offensive.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there were definitely moments earlier in the series where it was obvious that araki didn't know what the gently caress but at this point he's already established everything he needs to establish and all that leaves are the fine details of the actual stories. steel ball run was really tight and nothing came off as janky. jojolion has so far been exactly the same way, and each chapter that comes out reveals just a little bit more each time and soon it's going to start clicking into place.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
In honor of tomorrow's episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsoMG1J7fEA

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Is Hall and Oates the naming tribute for Hol Horse? I've heard it was a band called Full Force but Hall and Oates sounds kind of close enough for it also make sense.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't think anyone knows 100%.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
A (Hol) Horse With No Name

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Aurain posted:

Is Hall and Oates the naming tribute for Hol Horse? I've heard it was a band called Full Force but Hall and Oates sounds kind of close enough for it also make sense.

Avdol is Paula Abdul, and Straizo is Straights, so Hol Horse is probably Full Force, yeah. There's no orse sound in Hall and Oates.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

A (Hol) Horse With No Name

Well, they do meet him in a desert after all.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's more depending on the accent of the speaker to someone who doesn't speak English that you could get Oates mangled up enough that you could hodge-podge it to Horse. It's not meant to be a direct translation to it, rather just a nod.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

WickedHate posted:

Avdol is Paula Abdul

This is also not 100% either.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Beef Waifu posted:

This is also not 100% either.

You're right, my bad. Still, I think Full Force is a lot more likely then Hall and Oats.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Isn't simpler to assume it's based on the actual phrase "whole horse"?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I always figured he wanted you to hold your horses.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Goodbye (Hol) Horses.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Amazon (US) has Volume 1 of Battle Tendency listed, release date November 3. Still nothing about the digital release yet, though.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm beginning to think that jojo fans are almost as bad as bronies, in the sense that they have to insert it into literally everything. Their only saving grace is that the target audience is slightly older.

Uh oh guys we're making them mad :ssh:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I will make the gayest post at him if he doesn't shut the gently caress up and it will be my happiest probo.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Why do you think I've only ever posted jojo fanart in that thread lmao

It's been pissing off people for months

Oh and I guess it's friday, excited for Hol Horse loving up at killing Dio

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's not our fault the series is over 25 years old and really good

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There are a bunch of JoJo fans are very obnoxious and rather invasive with their fandom. It's not as bad as Bronies because they post sexy DIO instead of cartoon horses banging. It's like number 7 billion on a list of things to be upset about though.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Mar 27, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Previews: http://jojo-animation.com/contents/story/36.html

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

it's not our fault the series is over 25 years old and really good

isn't this literally what bronies say too? Homoerotic musclemen are far above rainbow coloured horse in any case.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Million Ghosts posted:

isn't this literally what bronies say too? Homoerotic musclemen are far above rainbow coloured horse in any case.

i have nothing against the franchise, personally. I just don't want to be compared to a fandom that is 90% gross creeps.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It happened! Special ending!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
DavidPro is doing God's work.

And by God, I mean DIO. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
jojo has a million lovely fans because its the new flavor of the month

something else will catch on, and jojo will be forgotten, much like SAO and attack on titan

• Locked thread