Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Game three:

GE "Oh you beat us when we were just kinda dicking around? GET WRECKED BY JUGGERMAW!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Calax posted:

Game three:

GE "Oh you beat us when we were just kinda dicking around? GET WRECKED BY JUGGERMAW!"

And then they waste their time ganking a Maokai and give up lots of kills

KT doing some slick engages on Pray.

e: I think Score going to jungle is starting to look really good, and another example of a role-swap that is turning out nicely. His sense of where to be on the map is surprisingly sharp and he had some solid Sejuani play today. If the tank/engage jungle meta continues into summer it should be interesting to see what an improving KT squad can do.

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Mar 27, 2015

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Samsung vs CJ Entus ft. ADC Urgot. And it's working

edit - I didn't even notice GE ran the Urgod earlier. LCK is fuckin' weird

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Azir in a juggermaw comp from Samsung. It actually makes sense!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

That 3rd game in the GE vs KT series is awesome. The amount of things they have to protect Kogmaw is just insane but KT still manage to kill him.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Elements can still get relegated, people, there's still a chance.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Not really, the EUCS teams aside from Origen are hot garbage.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Firebert posted:

There's a chance!!

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Firebert posted:

They're probably better than Kabum, though.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
pepinero looks like the esports version of Trent Reznor

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
It's like nothing has happened in this game. No one has contested anything.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
"Our support got caught, let's throw the early game." - Giants

e: I also think Deficio is wrong and over-harping on this. Nashor's first Diana is a perfectly reasonable build.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

e: I also think Deficio is wrong and over-harping on this. Nashor's first Diana is a perfectly reasonable build.

I agree, especially when you have Sej/Leona on your team.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Libertine posted:

i think it's ok cause pepi does love to split, but abyssal > zhonyas is a fair bit better imo. guess it just depends what he spends most of his time doing.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

How are you down 4-0 on Dragons with a Nunu? God drat CW, come on.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Well your Nunu can't do much after he dies to a point blank Sej ult and perfectly timed Hec tele+ult. Which was rad af btw

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I don't really like Luden's over Zhonya's on almost any mage, but I especially don't like it on Ahri.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Sivir is so good.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

How long does Dragon x5 buff last? It seems really short.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011
This game is going to end in me having a heart attack.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.
Man, I haven't been following EULCS that much this year, but based on this thread and just watching the last 5 minutes of this game, it looks like EU really devolved into a poo poo-show. Also what happened to Roccat :( they used to be cool and good and fun to watch.

edit: i'm pretty sure the dragon buff lasts longer if you don't get your entire team picked off when you have it. p sure hec didn't have it because he died in the dragon fight, then leona and diana got picked off with it on too.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011

mushi posted:

Man, I haven't been following EULCS that much this year, but based on this thread and just watching the last 5 minutes of this game, it looks like EU really devolved into a poo poo-show. Also what happened to Roccat :( they used to be cool and good and fun to watch.

edit: i'm pretty sure the dragon buff lasts longer if you don't get your entire team picked off when you have it

Both LCS are the same. There are a few good teams/players that make awesome plays, and everything else is a bunch of coin tosses on who is going to throw.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Nunu takes all of the kills, does nothing because Nunu

stump collector
May 28, 2007

mushi posted:

edit: i'm pretty sure the dragon buff lasts longer if you don't get your entire team picked off when you have it. p sure hec didn't have it because he died in the dragon fight, then leona and diana got picked off with it on too.

Roccat is allegedly one of the more toxic gaming houses in existence and overpow just poo poo talks his own teammates every day

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Roccat also used their off-season to replace two of their long-term players with a free agent ADC (Woolite) who got released from another border-line relegation team of last split (CW), and a "superstar" mid laner Nukeduck who hasn't really carried anything in any of the games they have played. I think the context of Roccat both of those moves were down-grades even if they may have been on-paper talent upgrades (which is debatable). Overpow looked much better in mid lane last season than top lane. Xaxus and Celavar I would argue outplayed this season's Overpow and Woolite in those respective roles, and Nukeduck hasn't been worth the hype at all.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I think Nukeduck would have been an upgrade over Overpow if they hadn't moved Overpaw to top lane.

Obviously acquiring Woolite was a big mistake and I don't think anyone would say otherwise.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Libertine posted:

How long does Dragon x5 buff last? It seems really short.

3 minutes, falls off on death

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Celevar was definitely as good or better than Woolite. Woolite does nothing. They obviously should have waited & picked up Tabbz, or grabbed Freeze before CW did if they wanted to swap ADC.

Overpow was always their big play maker, but he was actually quite poo poo in lane & relied heavily on pocket picks & roaming for ganks to stay even or get ahead. Why they thought that would translate to top lane I have no idea. I guess with mages coming back to top lane they didn't trust Xaxus on non-tanks? But I always liked Xaxus.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Killed By Death posted:

3 minutes, falls off on death

Ok it must have been the overlay changes when it falls off one member because Giants lost two really early into the 5 dragon sequence and then the scoreboard immediately changed to 4-dragon but it looked like it was still on some of them. Must just be how they sync the spectator or don't let it count as 5 when some of the 5 are dead.

Xaxus had several extremely high quality top lane pocket picks and both he and Celevar moved to challenger teams and almost carried them back into the LCS. It sounds like Overpow is the one who should have gotten replaced after last split and the one creating most of the toxic environment poo poo talking his teammates, but they kept him and bumped others out.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
overpow could only win mid lane by playing stuff so absolutely weird that nobody understood what he was doing

and yeah woolite is woolite

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Good job saving the last pick for Wickd.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Big fan of the return of Pro'Gath. Wickd Irelia is pretty predictable. LOL. Also wanted to empty quote Sexpansion's post from yesterday about Shook's champion pool.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i saw some guy at olive garden last night that looked just like wickd

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

exethan posted:

i saw some guy at olive garden last night that looked just like wickd

That's the nicest thing anyone in this thread has said about wickd

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Krepo made 2 good plays, and then 1 hilarious miss all the moves thresh play on Febiven right there lol holy poo poo

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Jerkface posted:

Krepo made 2 good plays, and then 1 hilarious miss all the moves thresh play on Febiven right there lol holy poo poo

I think thats more because Leblanc is a really really really dumb champion.

Also Wickd is still bad, even on Irelia.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

This Fnatic comp is so man mode. I love it. Elements firmly on their way out.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Wickd is terrible, krepo is terrible, elements is terrible.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

FNC are manmode, I love watching this team play. Definitely my favourite EU team to watch right now.

E: Lol the Febiven BM laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I think elementz best chance to win is to pause the game and replace all five players with pepiinero. Its the only hope.

• Locked thread