Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Huh that's...wow even for a right wing nutjob that's some pretty shocking raw and unfiltered misogyny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Takoluka posted:

I was watching 9/11 on the TV, when I saw something in the screen's reflection... It was me!

What's the loving cartoon supposed to MEAN though? That he's special because he saw it on TV or that it changed him? That's an incredibly narcissistic take on the matter, unless I'm missing something beyond "hey, I watched TV on 09/11/2001 so listen to me!!!" I mean, who didn't loving watch that poo poo and find themselves affected or changed by it? Is there a joke or a punch line? Is it supposed to be poetic or poignant? Or is it just

conservativeinsight.jpg?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

What's the loving cartoon supposed to MEAN though? That he's special because he saw it on TV or that it changed him? That's an incredibly narcissistic take on the matter, unless I'm missing something beyond "hey, I watched TV on 09/11/2001 so listen to me!!!" I mean, who didn't loving watch that poo poo and find themselves affected or changed by it? Is there a joke or a punch line? Is it supposed to be poetic or poignant? Or is it just

conservativeinsight.jpg?

I'm pretty sure it's just a parody, Tim Buckley is (or was?) a notorious self-important jackass with a very distinct haircut who's very easy to mock.

Like the most well-known update from his webcomic is when the comic relief protagonist and his comic relief wife had a miscarriage.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

BiggerBoat posted:

conservativeinsight.jpg?

He saw the most beautiful thing on that screen.

His own reflection.

Because he's a narcissistic windbag webcomic artist who is super self righteous and a bit of a oval office.

Tim Buckley jokes are way less funny when you have to explain them :(

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
What's that "conservative cool guy" bit? I'd swear I remember it from some thread but the details escape me.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Hannity is still doing Spring Break exposés? I remember the Daily Show making fun of that years ago.

Honestly, I think it's just an excuse to show college-aged women in bikinis on Fox News for a few minutes.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Embedded journalism also.

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

Pope Guilty posted:

What's that "conservative cool guy" bit? I'd swear I remember it from some thread but the details escape me.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Leofish posted:

Hannity is still doing Spring Break exposés? I remember the Daily Show making fun of that years ago.

Honestly, I think it's just an excuse to show college-aged women in bikinis on Fox News for a few minutes.

Just found it!

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/p9ek5k/the-younger-games--catching-ire

:allears:.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Huh that's...wow even for a right wing nutjob that's some pretty shocking raw and unfiltered misogyny.

More like was shocking... before 47% of people who voted went full Fox News.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Leofish posted:

I watched the segment last night because it was so ridiculous. Yes, they were piously denouncing the behavior of Spring Breakers while half the screen was filled with a constant video loop featuring cute little college aged girls wiggling their barely covered asses at the camera. The whole thing was bizarre.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://wonkette.com/580815/this-is-just-getting-ridiculous-obamacare-hatin-sheriff-ups-his-not-begging-ask-to-a-cool-60-grand

That Sheriff that doesn't like the ACA is back again.

quote:

Obamacare-hatin’ Sheriff Richard Mack has already clarified that he is not looking for charity, and also, thank you for all the charity, please send more charity. Now, Sheriff Mack’s supporters have reached down, grabbed the Sheriff’s bootstraps, and announced that they want DOUBLE the amount of other people’s money they originally said they wanted.

It’s all a bit confusing, but here’s the latest constitutionally conservative note posted to Mack’s GoFundMe page, which several of you may have already visited.

quote:

Let’s go again!! The goal of this GoFundMe is to help Sheriff Mack and his wife pay all of their hospital and medical recovery bills and basic living expenses for a few months so that they can return to service stronger than ever. We are all grateful for each person who helped reach and exceed the first milestone of $30k. Let’s go to second base … on to 60. Thank you so much!

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...

Its grifters, all the way down

flu-like symptoms
Jul 27, 2006
shiny
From a donor on the sheriff go fund me page: "We cannot afford to lose any Sheepdogs!"

WTF does this mean and why have I been seeing it everywhere? I have nothing against sheep, they're actually pretty cool animals I guess, but it implies that your friends and family (i assume) are helpless and stupid (sheep) while there's like, a completely separate (smart and badass) species (this sheriff guy) who is tasked with herding them around or somethin. In animal farm i think the dogs were the police maybe but I don't think they'd be referencing that positively would they?

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

flu-like symptoms posted:

From a donor on the sheriff go fund me page: "We cannot afford to lose any Sheepdogs!"

WTF does this mean and why have I been seeing it everywhere? I have nothing against sheep, they're actually pretty cool animals I guess, but it implies that your friends and family (i assume) are helpless and stupid (sheep) while there's like, a completely separate (smart and badass) species (this sheriff guy) who is tasked with herding them around or somethin. In animal farm i think the dogs were the police maybe but I don't think they'd be referencing that positively would they?

http://mwkworks.com/onsheepwolvesandsheepdogs.html

Feel free to laugh, and then cry, and then laugh again, and then get high.

flu-like symptoms
Jul 27, 2006
shiny

Bel Shazar posted:

Holy poo poo

quote:

"Most of the people in our society are sheep. They are kind, gentle, productive creatures who can only hurt one another by accident." This is true.

Hahaha

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...

Seems to be a phrase popular with ammosexuals and preppers -- basically indicating that they think they're the only ones capable of watching over the entire flock [normal people] (i.e. they think they're 'sheepdogs')

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Pixelboy posted:

Seems to be a phrase popular with ammosexuals and preppers -- basically indicating that they think they're the only ones capable of watching over the entire flock [normal people] (i.e. they think they're 'sheepdogs')

So, they're fine with a nanny state as long as they are the nanny.

flu-like symptoms
Jul 27, 2006
shiny
If you take the analogy to its weird and stupid end, real sheepdogs don't even do it for the sheep, they do it for their human masters who own them both and also who grind up the sheep and process them into kibble and feed them back to the dogs.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

If you take the analogy to its weird and stupid end, real sheepdogs don't even do it for the sheep, they do it for their human masters who own them both and also who grind up the sheep and process them into kibble and feed them back to the dogs.

So it is an entirely apt analogy, then.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Spun Dog posted:

So, they're fine with a nanny state as long as they are the nanny.

I wonder if you're allowed to spend money on GoFundMe specifically to take money away. Like, if I pledged $50 or $100 with the stipulation that that amount would actually be subtracted from the intended recipient and instead would go to an orphanage, Planned Parenthood or a cancer treatment center?

Maybe instead of GoFundMe would could start GoFuckYourself and have it work like how I described. I dunno. A man can dream.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

I wonder if you're allowed to spend money on GoFundMe specifically to take money away. Like, if I pledged $50 or $100 with the stipulation that that amount would actually be subtracted from the intended recipient and instead would go to an orphanage, Planned Parenthood or a cancer treatment center?

Maybe instead of GoFundMe would could start GoFuckYourself and have it work like how I described. I dunno. A man can dream.

Well, perhaps you could start a site that tracked lovely initiatives and raised money to make dollar for dollar contributions to things the creator of the original lovely thing hated. Though at that point you are starting to enter Brian Boyko territory.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm sold. I even went to school with a couple of Russian guys that could probably code this up.

Just don't give them any of your personal info.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Leofish posted:

Well that and it appeals greatly to his elderly audience. They've mostly replaced their sexual desires with the equally stimulating act of being judgmental.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Pixelboy posted:

It was also a speech given to Chris Kyle by his father in American Sniper

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Well that and it appeals greatly to his elderly audience. They've mostly replaced their sexual desires with the equally stimulating act of being judgmental.

Please, for a lot of men the two are inseparable.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Chadderbox posted:

Nope. They held a non-binding referendum in 2012 to begin the process of joining as a state and the vote came out in favor. Both parties (R/D) are in favor of statehood so long as the people of Puerto Rico vote to join, and Obama signed a law last year to provide funds for their "real" referendum. It might actually happen: http://www.laprensasa.com/309_america-in-english/2374118_u-s-approves-funds-for-referendum-on-puerto-rico-s-status.html

Oh I knew that (I'm from PR). I just like the idea of a abortionland having a better shot at becoming a state than PR. And PR's political spectrum is a way bigger clusterfuck than R&D. The US approving funds for a real referendum is news to me and actually pretty loving awesome. I'd love for the island to become a state. We can be like Hawaii but in the Atlantic! It's like visiting Florida without having to deal with Floridians!

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Yeah, old guys just give up on life and stop enjoying looking lecherously at young women. That is certainly a thing older men are known for.

Hannity's Spring Break segments are the perfect encapsulation of the conservative approach to sexuality. Sex is evil. People who have it are evil, but please keep showing me images of leggy blonde women reading the news. They have to be publicly seen tsk-tsking society about it, but when push comes to shove they're just like everybody else in terms of craving sex and media that includes it.

That segment is perfect for them. They get to feel like they have moral authority over "those whores" while also being titillated.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 27, 2015

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

ErIog posted:

Yeah, old guys just give up on life and stop enjoying looking lecherously at young women. That is certainly a thing older men are known for.

Hannity's Spring Break segments are the perfect encapsulation of the conservative approach to sexuality. Sex is evil. People who have it are evil, but please keep showing me images of leggy blonde women reading the news. They have to be publicly seen tsk-tsking society about it, but when push comes to shove they're just like everybody else in terms of craving sex and media that includes it.

Hey, speak for yourself! I'm only reading Hannity's Spring Break segments for the articles.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

So your decisions that you agree with or the decisions that you make are the result of your own independent thought. You're not mind-numbed robots, and you are not purposely avoiding compromise.
My decisions are my own independent thought. I'm not a mind-numbed robot. I am not purposely avoiding compromise. :geno:

Also regarding that Indiana discrimination bill, I've actually seen quite a few people on Facebook and elsewhere who have taken the position of "who cares if it costs the state money, sometimes you have to stick to principles!!" So... that's definitely a view that some people have.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh I knew that (I'm from PR). I just like the idea of a abortionland having a better shot at becoming a state than PR. And PR's political spectrum is a way bigger clusterfuck than R&D. The US approving funds for a real referendum is news to me and actually pretty loving awesome. I'd love for the island to become a state. We can be like Hawaii but in the Atlantic! It's like visiting Florida without having to deal with Floridians!

Amen to that. Don't live on the island but my father was Puerto Rican and the family back on the island is all for it (That and anything except independence, only thing I've ever seen my titi ever get upset about is PR possibly going independent)

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

ErIog posted:

Conservatives are old at heart, not necessarily physically

Bel Shazar posted:

When do we get to deal with the fascists infesting the right wing of American politics Mussolini-style? Do we have to wait until they start actually murdering people towards political ends? Because that's a thing that seems to be fast approaching

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Arturo Ui posted:

It was also a speech given to Chris Kyle by his father in American Sniper

It's the exact same logic, the exact same logic, as the "Dicks/Pussies/Assholes" speech from Team America: World Police.

If the terminology's been around since Vietnam, I wouldn't be surprised if the latter were directly based on the former.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Steven Crowder: Why Sarah Palin would have been a better president than Obama

quote:

Campaign season has ]officially begun! Here’s a name not being talk about much this time around: Sarah Palin.

Now, we’re not necessarily suggesting she throw her name in the ring. In fact, we think the Palin family has used their more recent platforms more effectively. Put simply, the Palins seem to have found their niche. (And congrats to Bristol & Dakota Meyer. Those babies will be of good stock.)

What we would like to point out however, is that 6 years into the Obama Administration and despite the media’s Palin-driven witch-hunt, we’re convinced that Sarah Palin would still make a better President than Barack Obama. Yes, for realzies. Here’s our top 5 reasons why:

1. Sarah Palin can see Russia from her house. Almost. Meaning, she’s actually aware of the potential red threat, whereas Obama has more flexibility after elections and likes to pretend Putin is just a loving big brother. Or something.

2. She’s not afraid to talk about or use the term “Islamic terrorism.” This one’s kind of a biggie. Seriously, how can we deal with a problem our President refuses to even acknowledge?

3. She cut spending and decreased Alaska’s federal earmark requests. Barack Obama, on the other hand, has added $7.5 to our our national debt. Irresponsible and unpatriotic much?

4. She created jobs. During her tenure as Governor, Alaska was 2nd in job growth compared to all other states. Obama’s definition of job creating is changing the definition of “unemployed.” See, you’re no longer considered “unemployed”… you just don’t care anymore.

5. She believes life is a gift. Trig Palin is a fine young man and Sarah’s seems to be a pretty dang good mother; together, they inspire families all across the country with their story. Our current President, an absolute embarrassment, makes fun of Special Olympics. Where’s the “hate speech” police when you need them?

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

icantfindaname posted:

When do we get to deal with the fascists infesting the right wing of American politics Mussolini-style? Do we have to wait until they start actually murdering people towards political ends? Because that's a thing that seems to be fast approaching

Oh dear god no... don't give them retroactive justification for their insanity. We have to figure out a how to treat them like anyone else with a debilitating mental illness.

bigtom
May 7, 2007

Playing the solid gold hits and moving my liquid lips...
Chris Christie back in the spotlight...

International Business Times posted posted:

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has discovered a creative new way to make sure he’s always in the driver’s seat with his state’s news media. The Republican governor -- and likely 2016 presidential candidate -- can add “sports-car broker” to his list of media persuasion techniques after he successfully petitioned an auto dealership to loan a Corvette to the radio news host who interviews him each month on “Ask the Governor,” a public-affairs program on New Jersey 101.5. It is a situation that media experts say crosses major ethical lines.

In exploring a possible 2016 presidential run, Christie has restricted New Jersey reporters’ access to him. Local media sources say the governor hasn’t held a press conference in New Jersey in six months, and last month, local media was barred from a press meeting held before his annual State of the State Address, as Politico reported. Marc Cooper, a journalism professor at the University of Southern California, said that makes the “Ask the Governor” controversy even more troubling.

“What you have is a governor who more or less refuses to hold himself accountable to the local press in any kind of satisfactory way, and a news director who has allowed himself to become the governor’s toadie,” he told IBTimes. “The unethical move of accepting the car even on loan is totally consistent with the unethical nature of the whole program.”

Not that this is a major scandal - but it goes to show how Christie has one of the only major news outlets in NJ wrapped around his finger. The show is basically an hour long love fest that counts as "public service"...and sadly has even won awards from the state broadcasters association.

Will anyone really care...or will Christie just laugh this off as usual?

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Steven Crowder: Why Sarah Palin would have been a better president than Obama
"Potential red threat."

Crowder is 27 and afraid of communism (also, thinks Putin is communist).

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

American Conservative posted:

Common Ground With Iran
By Patrick J. Buchanan • March 27, 2015, 12:05 AM

State Department/Sipa USA/Newscom

The forces that do not want a U.S. nuclear deal with Iran, nor any U.S. detente with Iran, are impressive. Among them are the Israelis and their powerful lobby AIPAC, the Saudis and their Sunni allies on the Persian Gulf, a near-unanimity of Republicans, and a plurality of Democrats in Congress.

Is there a case to be made for a truce in the venomous conflict that has gone on between us since the taking of U.S. hostages in 1979? Is there any common ground? To both questions, President Obama and John Kerry believe the answer is yes. And they are not without an argument.

First, the alternative to a truce—breaking off of negotiations, doubling down on demands Iran dismantle all nuclear facilities, tougher sanctions—inevitably leads to war. And we all know it. Yet Americans do not want another war in the Middle East, with a nation three times the size of Iraq, and its allies across the region.

Nor can Iran want such a war. Had the ayatollahs and mullahs wanted it, they could have had a war with the United States at any time in the third of a century since they seized power.

Yet as Ronald Reagan was taking the oath in 1981, our hostages were suddenly on their way home. With the accidental shoot-down of an Iranian Airbus by the cruiser Vincennes in 1988, the Ayatollah ended his war with Saddam Hussein, fearful the Americans were about to intervene on the side of Iraq.

Why Iran wants to avoid war is obvious. Given U.S. air, missile, and naval power, and cyberwarfare capabilities, a war with the United States would do to Iran what we did to Iraq, smash it up, set it back decades, perhaps break up the country. Some mullahs may be fanatics, but Iran is not run by fools.

Yet even if we have a mutual interest in avoiding a war, where is the common ground between us?

Let us begin with the Sunni terrorists of al-Qaeda who brought down the twin towers, and the Islamic State that is beheading Christians, apostates, and nonbelievers, and intends to establish a Middle East caliphate where there are no Americans, no Christians, and no Shiites. Americans and Iranians have a common goal of degrading and defeating them.

In the Syrian civil war, Iran and its Shiite allies in Hezbollah have prevented the fall of the Alawite regime of Bashar Assad. For years, Iran has helped to keep the al-Nusra Front and ISIL out of Damascus. When the Islamic State seized Mosul and most of Anbar, the Iranians helped to rally Shiite resistance to defend Baghdad, and are now assisting the Iraqi army in its effort to recapture Tikrit.

Until this week, the U.S. stayed out, as Shiite militias were mauled by fewer than 1,000 jihadis. Wednesday, however, we intervened with air power, thus exposing Iraq’s reliance on us. This does not contradict but rather reinforces the point. In the war to expel the Islamic State from Iraq, we and Iran are on the same side.

Does Iran wish to displace American influence in Baghdad? Undeniably. But when we destroyed the Sunni Baathist regime of Saddam, disbanded his army, and held elections, we greased the skids for a pro-Iranian Shiite regime. We can’t walk that cat back.

Consider Yemen.

This week, the Saudis sent their air force against the Houthi rebels who had seized the capital of Sanaa, driven out the president, and have now driven south to Aden to take over half of the country.

Why is the Saudi air force attacking the Houthis?

The Houthis belong to a sect close to the Shiite and are supported by Iran. Yet the Houthis, who bear no love for us, began this war to expel al-Qaeda from Yemen. And their hatred for ISIS is surely greater than it is for us or Israel, as, last week, 137 of their co-religionists were massacred in two mosque bombings in Sanaa. ISIS claimed credit.

In summary, though the Houthi rebels in Yemen, Shiite militia in Iraq, Iran, Hezbollah, and the Alawite regime of Assad may not love us, they look on al-Qaeda and ISIS as mortal enemies. And, thus far, they alone have seemed willing to send troops to defeat them.

Where are the Turkish, Saudi, Kuwaiti, or Qatari troops?

During World War II, the U.S. Navy and Merchant Marine shipped tanks, guns, and munitions to a Soviet Union that was doing most of the fighting and suffering most of the casualties in the war against Hitler. No matter all the “Uncle Joe” drivel at Tehran and Yalta, we were never true friends or allies, and shared nothing in common with the monster Stalin, save Hitler’s defeat.

If President Nixon could toast Mao Zedong, can we not deal with Ayatollah Khamenei?

Patrick J. Buchanan is the author of The Greatest Comeback: How Richard Nixon Rose From Defeat to Create the New Majority. Copyright 2015 Creators.com.

Buchanon calling for US to have a Nixon in China moment with Iran. Although I think he forgot to mention the biggest reason to go with Iran. [They also hate the jews

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Mar 27, 2015

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

"Sarah Palin respects life. Also, I would trust her to kill all Muslims!" -Crowder,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

"Potential red threat."

Crowder is 27 and afraid of communism (also, thinks Putin is communist).

If Steven Crowder had the ability to correctly assess a threat and react accordingly, he'd have ducked.

He also also tried to congratulate a couple by saying "Their babies will be of good stock" like the gooniest loving dingus imaginable. I want to make sure that part gets appreciated properly.