Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RHX
Oct 20, 2005
There's almost guaranteed to be some Foo Fighters on the disc, however pretty much all of their biggest hits are already in the game which leaves something from either of their newer albums (if I had to guess, I'd go with Bridge Burning from Wasting Light or The Feast and The Famine from Sonic Highways), or Big Me, which has always struck me as a weird exclusion from the series. I can see the "big get" for this game being Bruce Springsteen - he's had promotional DLC in Guitar Hero before, and he doesn't seem to be too precious about licensing his music.

Other songs I'd bet on being in the game:

Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet With Butterfly Wings (I know it was somewhere in the RBN process at one point, but I imagine there'll probably be a Harmonix charted version in RB4)
Avenged Sevenfold - This Means War (Lead single off last album, they seem to be all over Rock Band, I'd say it's a fair assumption)
Tenacious D - Wonderboy (Probably their biggest song to not be in the game but still be appropriate, they were in the recent DLC run)
Imagine Dragons - Radioactive (Grammy winning song, was licensed to Guitar Hero before it became huge so they're probably open to it being in Rock Band also)
Black Sabbath - God Is Dead? (Much like Shackler's Revenge in Rock Band 2, it's a band that many people want but not from the era that most would expect)
Rush - Free Will (Rush have regularly been a staple of the Rock Band series, I seem to recall this being heavily requested and it's a really good fit for the game)

Arctic Monkeys, Weezer and Frank Turner seem likely given their recent DLC, and I'd say it's likely there'll be some recent Queens Of The Stone Age in there too. Anything else is pure speculation, but I reckon most of these will be on disc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Guns n Roses are one of if not the most overrated rock band that ever has or will exist.

Appetite has maybe 3 good songs on it. UYI gave us You could be Mine. Thats all their good songs.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Wrong opinions ITT

The Yellow Ant
Apr 6, 2004

I can lift 50 times my own weight in hope.
I hope they incorporate branching Fantasia tech, where the band can interact to choose a different musical style or solo.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Yellow Ant posted:

I hope they incorporate branching Fantasia tech, where the band can interact to choose a different musical style or solo.

This would be cool but all signs point to RB4 being a small indie type project and GH uh what is it, 7? being a Free 2 Play model. I don't think they'd have the budget to record...what , 50 songs in 5 different genres?

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I remember a forum post from around when Rock Band DLC ended, by either Drake or Chris, that basically said Muse just didn't bother answering them when they requested more songs.

For G'N'R, well, blame Guitar Hero. Slash was put on their box, and he played Welcome to the Jungle in the game, and naturally when Axl found out he threw a shitfit because that implied Slash was still a member of G'N'R. I believe that happened after we'd already gotten the one song on disc for RB2 and the new album as DLC, and it pretty much killed any potential new songs from them, which really sucked cause most of the guys who gave us full albums also gave use really good singles and packs later on. (excluding Pixies, for whatever reason)

I think your timeline is a bit off. That happened in Guitar Hero 3, which came out a month before Rock Band 1 did, let alone 2. Chinese Democracy became DLC for RB in April 2009 which is like a year and a half later.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Wrong opinions ITT

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
Should just be all funk all the time, perfect mix of all the available instruments, and all with cool unique parts to play rather than just following the guitar melody. Give me Love and Happiness by Al Green and I'll be a happy man.

Or just some way to buy songs in Australia, please. Having to maintain a fake US account and buy US psn credit was so annoying.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Abu Dave posted:

This would be cool but all signs point to RB4 being a small indie type project and GH uh what is it, 7? being a Free 2 Play model. I don't think they'd have the budget to record...what , 50 songs in 5 different genres?

Harmonix already said they plan to make RB4 more interactive, and allow more creative player input.

GH being F2P doesn't surprise me at all, to be honest.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

losonti tokash posted:

I think your timeline is a bit off. That happened in Guitar Hero 3, which came out a month before Rock Band 1 did, let alone 2. Chinese Democracy became DLC for RB in April 2009 which is like a year and a half later.

Oh, yeah, I worded that wrong. Axl found out about GH3 using Slash after Chinese Democracy was released. Presumably he didn't know about it before the DLC was released.

It was about the time pretty much every band GH used decided to sue them, like No Doubt got pissed at them and I think so did Courtney Love? It was kind of a clusterfuck for a bit there.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Tell me more about Courtney Love and Activision.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

pksage posted:

[*]"SEPARATE WAYS (WORLDS APART)"????

But we don't have keyboard support anymore :negative:

Laserface posted:

Appetite has maybe 3 good songs on it. UYI gave us You could be Mine. Thats all their good songs.

omg look at this post.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Dr Zaius posted:

The guy that made that Cobain video was called a "sick individual" on NPR and I'm inclined to agree with them

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

Kaboobi posted:

The guy that made that Cobain video was called a "sick individual" on NPR and I'm inclined to agree with them

Politifact rated that statement as "True."

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

For the record the three good songs on appetite are brownstone, my Michelle and night train.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Kaboobi posted:

That was Dr. Zaius, wasn't it?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

xamphear posted:

Politifact rated that statement as "True."

it's good stuff

http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2012/04/17/150818912/tupac-shakur-at-coachella-part-of-a-long-history-of-singing-with-ghosts

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

omg look at this post.

I tried to, but my vision went all blurry. I think my brain was protecting me from something too incorrect to process.

E: someone please custom One In A Million. TIA.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
Modern hipster-esque stuff that stands a chance of getting into RB4 IMO

Two Door Cinema Club, there are four songs off their first record that are massively popular
Maybe finally some Arcade Fire?
Bastille
The Orwells
St Vincent
DFA 1979
Later-era Strokes
I Wanna Get Better or Rollercoaster - Bleachers
Haim
Left Hand Free - Alt-J
Late-era Weezer, probably Back to the Shavk but hopefully one of the songs off the new record that's actually good
Some Foster the People off the second record
Diane Young - Vampire Weekend
And maybe something off Random Access Memories if HMX has deep enough pockets

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
We have Back to the Shack as DLC already.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Dr Zaius posted:

A video went viral that really offended her, IIRC I found out after it may have been goon-made?? :confused:

Kaboobi posted:

The guy that made that Cobain video was called a "slick individual" on NPR and I'm inclined to agree with them

Same here!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Best answer on this page, but hipster-esque? :fuckoff:

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

CRINDY posted:

DFA 1979

Have I ever told the story of how I was this close to securing Last Gang Records for RBN? :sigh: The music industry sucks. Alas, Metric and Mother Mother had to wait for customs.

Speaking of which, the release will be a little late today, thanks for your patience.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

CRINDY posted:

Modern hipster-esque stuff that stands a chance of getting into RB4 IMO

Two Door Cinema Club, there are four songs off their first record that are massively popular
Maybe finally some Arcade Fire?
Bastille
The Orwells
St Vincent
DFA 1979
Later-era Strokes
I Wanna Get Better or Rollercoaster - Bleachers
Haim
Left Hand Free - Alt-J
Late-era Weezer, probably Back to the Shavk but hopefully one of the songs off the new record that's actually good
Some Foster the People off the second record
Diane Young - Vampire Weekend
And maybe something off Random Access Memories if HMX has deep enough pockets

I'm down with this list, good guesses for sure. Also can we please get some fuckin' Empire of the Sun already? Tons of guitar in their stuff and super fun vocals.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
C3 releases for March 27, 2015:

New! TV Themes C01 9-pack
  • Alabama 3 - "Woke Up This Morning" (farottone and Meander)
    from The Sopranos
  • Barenaked Ladies - "The History of Everything" (DoNotPassGo and ejthedj)
    from The Big Bang Theory
  • Daniel Ingram - "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Theme" K (Nightmare Lyra)
    from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
  • Elliott, Ferguson, Berghofer - "Barney Miller" (Nyxyxylyth)
    from Barney Miller
  • Jonathan Wolff - "Seinfeld" (BearzUnlimited)
    from Seinfeld
  • Ragtime Revolutionaries - "Chicks Dig Giant Robots" (RyanHYK)
    from Megas XLR
  • The Refreshments - "Yahoos and Triangles" (BearzUnlimited)
    from King of the Hill
  • The Rembrandts - "I'll Be There for You" K (pksage and farottone)
    from Friends
  • The Ventures - "Hawaii Five-O" (BearzUnlimited)
    from Hawaii Five-O
I'm pretty happy with how this pack turned out, but there are tons of awesome themes we didn't find time to do. I still want "You've Got Time" (Orange is the New Black), "Bad Things" (True Blood), "Boss of Me" (Malcolm in the Middle), and the Buffy theme song, just to name a few. Oh, and the Cheers theme, of course! But I need to stop listing themes or I'll go on all day.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

pksage posted:

I'm pretty happy with how this pack turned out, but there are tons of awesome themes we didn't find time to do. I still want "You've Got Time" (Orange is the New Black), "Bad Things" (True Blood), "Boss of Me" (Malcolm in the Middle), and the Buffy theme song, just to name a few. Oh, and the Cheers theme, of course! But I need to stop listing themes or I'll go on all day.
"Suicide is Painless" or nothing.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

pksage posted:

C3 releases for March 27, 2015:

New! TV Themes C01 9-pack
  • Alabama 3 - "Woke Up This Morning" (farottone and Meander)
    from The Sopranos
  • Barenaked Ladies - "The History of Everything" (DoNotPassGo and ejthedj)
    from The Big Bang Theory
  • Daniel Ingram - "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Theme" K (Nightmare Lyra)
    from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
  • Elliott, Ferguson, Berghofer - "Barney Miller" (Nyxyxylyth)
    from Barney Miller
  • Jonathan Wolff - "Seinfeld" (BearzUnlimited)
    from Seinfeld
  • Ragtime Revolutionaries - "Chicks Dig Giant Robots" (RyanHYK)
    from Megas XLR
  • The Refreshments - "Yahoos and Triangles" (BearzUnlimited)
    from King of the Hill
  • The Rembrandts - "I'll Be There for You" K (pksage and farottone)
    from Friends
  • The Ventures - "Hawaii Five-O" (BearzUnlimited)
    from Hawaii Five-O

:aaaaa: That's loving awesome.

Now it's time for everyone in this thread to list all the TV themes they want to see, and I'm starting it off with Far From Any Road (True Detective theme song)

EDIT: Okay so I'm second.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Since we were just talking about DFA1979, "Romantic Rights" (from Human Giant)

Also, MST3K's, doesn't matter which version.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Awesome pack.

Needs "Hey Sandy"

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012
I too would like to see the MST3K love theme.

And the theme song to Psych - the full song. That drat theme is so very catchy.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

Kenderama posted:

And the theme song to Psych - the full song. That drat theme is so very catchy.

That song is horrible and good at the same time.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Should have included the theme from Lost.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

timp posted:

Now it's time for everyone in this thread to list all the TV themes they want to see,

Law and Order
X-Files
Mission: Impossible
That 70's Show
Scrubs
Mother loving Pokemon
Pretty much everything from Slings and Arrows

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air :v:

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air :v:

I don't think it's a C3 release, but there's already a custom of this.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Mother loving Pokemon

Just play Donkey Konga

EDIT: one of my favorite TV themes of all time is Portlandia's, but that's just Feel It All Around by Washed Out and it'd make a terrible Rock Band track

timp fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 27, 2015

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
There's a New survey out mainly about what instruments you'd want to buy http://harmonixmusic.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=35cb3ebbb724992dfe5338d48&id=58dc7596fc&e=a832365bab

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

A video went viral that really offended her, IIRC I found out after it may have been goon-made?? :confused:

Whoever he is, he's terrible.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
It's A Jungle Out There (Monk) oh and like a ton of other Randy Newman too

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Mother loving Pokemon

This already exists though? Like, I have it in my Rock Band.

loving great theme for the week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Kaboobi posted:

Whoever he is, he's terrible.

He's a real stupid rear end in a top hat, sullying Kurt's legacy like that.