Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Jamsque posted:

Froome tweeted that the peloton wasn't being given accurate time gaps, Catalunya has been a pretty disorganized event in the past so it seems plausible. Hopefully it makes for interesting racing in the rest of the stages.

Good. It's great when they can't just plan to catch the break the second it hits the finish straight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Good. It's great when they can't just plan to catch the break the second it hits the finish straight

It's one thing not to have radios, but if they're being told the wrong time to the break that's just stupid.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

Gibbo posted:

Have you ever tried to get a dutchman to take something seriously.

poke holes in their dikes, granted it's an extreme measure but they will take it very seriously.

Incidentally: Quintana has tested his abilities on the cobbles for the coming tour.

Also, Tinkoff has been promising the wife of Froome diamonds if he signs with his team.

DONT TOUCH THE PC fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Mar 24, 2015

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
http://www.tinkoffsaxo.com/news/tinkoff-saxo-statement-bjarne-riis/

quote:

Bjarne Riis is not being actively involved in the team’s activities since last Sunday. However, he was not suspended of his active role because of lack of results nor for financial issues.

Pretty much confirms hes going to get roasted in that report about doping then.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

lol @ his old team throwing him under the bus.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

IndustrialApe posted:

Also, Tinkoff has been promising the wife of Froome diamonds if he signs with his team.

Tinkoff knows who to negotiate with in that setup

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Richie Porte needs to test positive ASAP. So sick of this fraud.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

Richie Porte needs to test positive ASAP. So sick of this fraud.

Col de la Madone

Richie Porte 29:40
Chris Froome 30:09
Tom Danielson 30:24
Lance Armstrong 30:45
Tony Rominger 31:30
Tyler Hamilton 32:32

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Col de la Madone

Richie Porte 29:40
Chris Froome 30:09
Tom Danielson 30:24
Lance Armstrong 30:45
Tony Rominger 31:30
Tyler Hamilton 32:32

Should be life bans for all based on this alone lol

borapt
Jul 14, 2008
Jelle Wallays looks so freakin' happy in the finish line photo at Dwars.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Topsport Vlanderen showing how to do the one two in the break, listen up EQ.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

TJVG wins stage the day after falling 15 feet into a ravine

Richie Porte drops Contador and gets 2nd :rolleyes:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I'm wearing my DiscoBoy baseball hat backward in honor of Tommy D's valiant effort.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

African AIDS cum posted:

TJVG wins stage the day after falling 15 feet into a ravine

Richie Porte drops Contador and gets 2nd :rolleyes:

Good to hear about TJVG falling into a ravine.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Cancellara has fractured a vertebrae and is out for the rest of the classics.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
Well, that's got to suck. No Boonen, no Cancellara. Who's left of interest in the classics races?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Everythings coming up Wiggo.

But in all seriousness its got to be Stybar/Van Avermaet/Vanmarcke at this point as favourites.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

serious gaylord posted:

Everythings coming up Wiggo.

But in all seriousness its got to be Stybar/Van Avermaet/Vanmarcke at this point as favourites.

Terpstra could pull another miracle ride.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Without Boonen to distract people he'll be marked very tightly. Stybar seems to slip peoples notice a lot.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

I hope Sagan fails to win anything of note again.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

serious gaylord posted:

Cancellara has fractured a vertebrae and is out for the rest of the classics.
Oh ffs. Who I am supposed to drink to now?

e: Someone needs to convince the Panzerwagen to become a classics king.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sagan-at-a-loss-to-explain-sudden-collapse-at-e3-harelbeke

I imagine that ego causes a lot of drag mate.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

I didn't mean to be so harsh about Sagan, I took the news of Fabu badly.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
Oleg Tinkov is going to send Sagan to race in Siberia for the rest of his contract if he doesn't win a classic soon.

borapt
Jul 14, 2008
Poor Sagan.

Super bummed about Cancellara. Wasn't he saying this was his final year? Can't imagine Boonen sticking out too much longer either.

So who's left? Vanmarcke, Van Avermaet, Kristoff, Degenkolb, Stybar, Terpstra, Thomas, Wiggo (for Roubaix)? Would be interesting to see if Vandenbergh can pick something up, he keeps popping up in the finales but always has to work for others. Lars Boom could poke his head up. Or Devolder, I guess he's next in line at Trek, though they could ride for Stuyven if they wanted to. Would be super interesting if Wiggo DOES win, he's not really shown his cards in the traditional test races and has thus avoided the crashes that have taken out the old guard.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Paddyb posted:

Gerriant Thomas looks really strong

:chord:

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
Poor dude almost never gets the chance to lead in one-day races, he used to be working for Flecha and Stannard and now he's working for Swift and Wiggo. On top of that he has the most frequently mis-spelled name in the peloton, which is impressive given all the Keukeleires and Debusscheres and Txurrukas going about. I swear the first time he rode Le Tour the graphics got his first name and last name the wrong way round.

All of which is a rather long-winded way of pointing out that it's Geraint, not Gerriant;

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I'll buy you an expresso someday to make it up to you.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Tempted to make a highlight reel of Harelbeke with Saxaphonium playing on top of it.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
The last 30k or so of the Volta was really entertaining today. 20 man break just attacking itself over and over in bad wind. Some Katusha guy won

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Gent looks horrendous. Riders being blown off the road.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Imagine being Maartin Tjallinggii and your team tells you to go on a solo attack with 90k to go and hurricane force winds about.

At least we know who Maarttin Tjjallinngii is now.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Paddyb posted:

Imagine being Maartin Tjallinggii and your team tells you to go on a solo attack with 90k to go and hurricane force winds about.

At least we know who Maarttin Tjjallinngii is now.

They were talking about this race possibly getting neutralised earlier but the winds seemed to have calmed a bit. I don't think i'd want to be riding in the wet on cobbles with this.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Sounds like Wiggins agrees

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Paddyb posted:

Sounds like Wiggins agrees

SO much for his reinvention as a classics guy.

All those tractors, amazing. Why are they mad?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
#TRACTOR PARTY

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

EU rules on grants or something idk. They've been at every race this year.

He's got no chance at roubaix if he keeps bailing out of the easier ones halfway through. Sky would do better to back Thomas.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
The wind lmao, Roelandts leaned right over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

EU rules on grants or something idk. They've been at every race this year.

Basically "A BLOO BLOO BLOOO, WE ONLY RECEIVE 38% THE EU'S BUDGET AND OUT A WHOPPING 3% OF THE ZONE'S GDP"