Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
for some fcking reason i kept trying to dodge away from blood-starved beast so i could pop antidote and chug a potion , even though i knew that dodging into it very easily avoided every attack and combo it would try

and then i was getting owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the worst souls feel ever is seeing that a boss has one hit left and mindlessly jamming on attack to just finish the fight and misjudging their attack animation and dying.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Yep. I also get into panic mode and start backing away from bosses to heal, which usually gets me killed more often than not. Finally beat Vicar last night, after a billion tries, the solution was to use fire and hit her a lot and then stab my hand into her face. I also made more progress in the chalice dungeon, made it to the watchdog, but my lack of blood vials kinda hampered me, so I just went to Hemwick.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

I just beat blood-starved beast and I have no idea what chalices are/how they work.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Famous TV Dad posted:

I just beat blood-starved beast and I have no idea what chalices are/how they work.

Fill them with certain mats at the empty tombstones in the Hunter's Dream to access chalice dungeons.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

the worst souls feel ever is seeing that a boss has one hit left and mindlessly jamming on attack to just finish the fight and misjudging their attack animation and dying.

the first time i fought the cleric beast I had that happen, except the attack was the grab/multislam thing that i had never seen before

im still getting reused to souls gameplay so it took me like 8 tries to take them down after that

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i got really excited when The One Reborn arrived cause at first i thought the moon was going to be the boss and fighting the moon would make me laugh really hard. instead it was a horrible body monster and it was still cool. it looks like if someone decided to make a horror version of when a kid starts putting all of his lego heads and poo poo together

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

its yer own fault if u do it :P

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

its yer own fault if u do it :P

Yeah. I feel like a major chump when it happens

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

"Motherfucker piece of poo poo gently caress you" - Me, to Gascoigne, who had 1 chip of health left.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i coulda backed up and healed but I was blinded by the bloodlust orz

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

the dual blades are really good

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

if you pump your fist in front of the doll lady she starts clapping for you

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

the dual blades are really good
i have like 4 skill weapons and now i cant decide which ones to slot cause theyre all real good

Dec 26, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

for some fcking reason i kept trying to dodge away from blood-starved beast so i could pop antidote and chug a potion , even though i knew that dodging into it very easily avoided every attack and combo it would try

and then i was getting owned

i kept doing things vs blood starved that weren't waiting for attacks that could be parried and most of those things were a bad idea

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*gets home from work and unbuttons my jeans while reclining into the couch cushions* time to game.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

been sighing really loudly the past couple days becaus i cant play this game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive heard the NPCs are really easy to accidentally kill, or at least the one that levels you up is. is there a system to pay and have a ghost salesman ala ds2 or youre just hosed?

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

i want to dual wield the stake driver

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Bobnumerotres posted:

ive heard the NPCs are really easy to accidentally kill, or at least the one that levels you up is. is there a system to pay and have a ghost salesman ala ds2 or youre just hosed?

the only vendor is just an object you interact with and if you put the controller down and it accidentally makes you shoot the doll then you can still level up from her lifeless body

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

the only vendor is just an object you interact with and if you put the controller down and it accidentally makes you shoot the doll then you can still level up from her lifeless body

sweet

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

zen death robot posted:

There aren't any enemies in the Hunters Dream area so I guess it's "easy" if you run around swinging your weapon around when there's nothing around.

i dropped my controller while i was going up to talk to her, and accidentally whacked her but she seemed chill about it

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
poo poo just got hosed up in a major way completely without warning but it was incredibly epic and cool and idk if this is the final area but its loving hard

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I need to go check out a lot of the doors that previously just said "Closed" and see if they opened. I also wish I could get blood transfusions from the women I saved but they're freaking out and bad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I beat the vicar, fun fight. Im very close to using my new epic sword now

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i need to know if my transition to endgame killed the old woman and hosed up the other two or if i'm in a yurt type of situation here

Dec 26, 2012

After dying to the boss on the first level of this chalice dungeon over 10 times in a row, I have come to the conclusion that I am bad at this game

that guy is a total fucker

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

01011001 posted:

that guy is a total fucker

Phew it's not just me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm kinda surprised I haven't found a single twin stone shard despite maxing out my weps after like the first boss.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
the zombie guy with the two swords... was easy lol

and heck, i built a random chalice dungeon using the same tileset, and he was a normal enemy in 2 different spots

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I found 2 like 30 seconds after posting that -_-

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
are u making sure to kill the geckos (which are now spooky dark blobs of skulls)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE PENETRATOR posted:

are u making sure to kill the geckos (which are now spooky dark blobs of skulls)

Yah, at least all the ones I've seen. They're way harder to notice in this one

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
games like this need some kind of sex change and facelift machine... fallout 3 had hair and new vegas had hair + new face... why cant all games with character customization adopt this... im tired of being Big Nose the Jew

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Yah, at least all the ones I've seen. They're way harder to notice in this one

Some areas have ones that are massive and also attack you if you get near them, which drop more/better shards... i believe in u

Dec 26, 2012

Phew it's not just me.

i keep trying to roll past him and getting chumped for 3/4 of my health on one of those huge swings

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I now have a Ludwig's Holy Blade +4.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

I now have a Ludwig's Holy Blade +4.

pwn

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i didnt like kirkhammer at first but then my saw spear broke and my fire cleaver wasn't working (btw... u can socket fire/bolt/arcane gems into poo poo and change their damage... spoiler) so i used it... and i didnt realize l2 in the hammer mode had attacks that werent the same as r2... and they were better than r2

and now im hooked but saw spear is def better imho, i just loving cant get enough of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

both the saw spear, and the rifle spear, are good