Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Such use of the word "triggering" really needs to be struck from the English language. It's a loving cop-out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Such use of the word "triggering" really needs to be struck from the English language. It's a loving cop-out.

I give people with legit, diagnosed PTSD a pass. Everyone else can gently caress off.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

I've seen people say that the Japanese can't be faulted in any way because they're a conquered nation and having their conquerors offer to help them out was too triggering

Guess where

link plz i wanna laugh at this

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

I've seen people say that the Japanese can't be faulted in any way because they're a conquered nation and having their conquerors offer to help them out was too triggering

Guess where

:lol:

That's up there with the time someone else said it was xenophobic/racist to say that the Iranians were flying F-14's today that were likely only flying on a hope and a prayer due to lack of spare parts.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Mar 27, 2015

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Handsome Ralph posted:

:lol:

That's up there with the time someone else said it was xenophobic/racist to say that the Iranians were flying F-14's today that were likely only flying on a hope and a prayer due to lack of spare parts.

I'd love to get a peek at the logic somebody applied to get to that conclusion.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
lol if you don't pray to the machine God every time you have to fly through the air in a man made coffin

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I wish I remember the thread I saw it in, because it was loving hilarious. It was refreshing too, because most people called out the poster who said that a loving idiot. I mean the poster who originally said the F-14's were poorly maintained also stressed that the pilots flying them were likely quite good considering the condition those planes were/are in.

Wanna say the person that got called racist over saying the Iranians F-14's are in terrible working shape was a GIP regular (who I believe was speaking on some level of authority as a maintainer or something), but I can't recall who it was

Quote =/= edit :nsa:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Mar 27, 2015

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
The F-14's were delivered back in the Shah's day so even the very "youngest" airframes have to be pushing 40, and even we don't make spares for them anymore.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Cole posted:

link plz i wanna laugh at this

It was a year ago I think, lost to the posting ages but burned into my memory

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Sorry for the macro but :drat:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
holy poo poo

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

I wish I remember the thread I saw it in, because it was loving hilarious. It was refreshing too, because most people called out the poster who said that a loving idiot. I mean the poster who originally said the F-14's were poorly maintained also stressed that the pilots flying them were likely quite good considering the condition those planes were/are in.

Wanna say the person that got called racist over saying the Iranians F-14's are in terrible working shape was a GIP regular (who I believe was speaking on some level of authority as a maintainer or something), but I can't recall who it was.

I think this was linked in a previous version of this thread. I specifically remember being surprised that so many people were calling him out for being retarded.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

So tempted to put this on Facebook and thin out my friends list

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

When you're right, you're right.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

He was very efficient.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

GiP always has the best gallows humor and I will fight any man who says otherwise

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

:vince:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

:boom:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:tviv:

go3 posted:

From the article, 4 different crews in simulators couldn't keep JAL 123 going for the 32 minutes the actual crew did

Same with United 232.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

30x ace

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

That Kill/Death ratio.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I remember that F-14 discussion. I'm impressed that any of those aircraft get off the ground but then again even with trade embargoes it isn't like Iran is some tribal backwater (like say Afghanistan) where the only thing making them fly is the tears of chai boys and human feces.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Booblord Zagats posted:

GiP always has the best gallows humor and I will fight any man who says otherwise

Even as a lawyer I see no other place do it as GiP.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
iran also had this guy

deadliest f14 pilot in history :wth:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Wasn't the whole point of the F-14 to be a stand-off platform for the Phoenix? Are they really worthwhile as combat planes without that?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
is there a such thing as a worthwhile combat plane anymore? seems like it's totally unnecessary for any fighter plane programs to get a huge portion of funding these days.

but if we have an aerial war that would own because i loved playing ace combat as a kid.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Zeroisanumber posted:

Wasn't the whole point of the F-14 to be a stand-off platform for the Phoenix? Are they really worthwhile as combat planes without that?

Yes. They're fast, have good range, and a very powerful radar. Later on in their life they became a helluva strike platform. Bombcats were matching F-15E's, which pissed off the USAF.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

That Kill/Death ratio.

All the months I put into my KDR in Modern Warfare was poo poo on in eight minutes.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

x30

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Seems he had a "medical condition" that he didn't tell anyone about.

Good to see the SSD are alive and well. :tinfoil:

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

All of a sudden I'm worried we're dangerously behind the Iranians in manly facial hair technology.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

drat

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

:nsavince:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
In outrage of the day news you'll be hearing from all the POGs, Dependa's and Uncles you know on facebook, a kid with a high and tight got sent home from school for having a stupid haircut

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/03/27/school-threatens-suspension-boy-military-haircut/70531810/

To which I say "Good" because no one should have that haircut for any reason other than hazing

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Stupid haircut and also just as stupid a reason to write up a kid. Come on, people.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
People with an extra high and tight like that just make me think they're a skinhead who hangs out at the local Klan meeting after work.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Stupid haircut and also just as stupid a reason to write up a kid. Come on, people.

They have a rule about mohawks and other "extreme haircuts" so I can actually see where they're coming from.

Also, showed my brother

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=443289764#post443289764

and his response was "A/G doesn't count, human being"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Zeroisanumber posted:

the best part is once the Phoenix supply dried up they modified Hawks to fit lol

• Locked thread