Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I've got a Talimena route on Furkot at the moment. I wish they had a group functionality so I could just give you all access at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?
my god, trying to use furkot to do a ride for some friends up in phoenix is maddening. It keeps wanting to reroute me for a shorter route, which is NOT WHAT I WANT.

EDIT: it has taken some time while on an absolutely useless customer call but I think I have it figured out.

Were you the one that wanted to ride to California? I have a ride in Arizona and a few in California if y'all wanted ideas.

nitrogen fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Mar 27, 2015

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme
Is there a consensus yet on what we're doing Sunday?

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Talimena Scenic Byway might be a bit much for a sunday, considering how late it seems to run, unless we started REALLY early.

EDIT: Nevermind, just another example of how Furkot confuses me. I'm in. It's actually 8 hours or so.

nitrogen fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 27, 2015

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme
I think when we made the attempt last year, we were going to met up at 7 or 7:30. It would definitely need to be early. I am up for that or whatever else as long as I'm home around the same time as last time.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction

nitrogen posted:

my god, trying to use furkot to do a ride for some friends up in phoenix is maddening. It keeps wanting to reroute me for a shorter route, which is NOT WHAT I WANT.

EDIT: it has taken some time while on an absolutely useless customer call but I think I have it figured out.

Were you the one that wanted to ride to California? I have a ride in Arizona and a few in California if y'all wanted ideas.

I think it's got controls for distance vs time for automatic selection. But it seems like you're supposed to plot stops for your trip and drag the automatic route to specific roads along the way. The dev has a thread here http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=959091.

And yes, MNS and I are trying to scope out something for the Best Coast this summer. We're still not quite sure what the route looks like but we welcome any insight.

I'd like to go on the Talimena thing on Sunday but I also have a get-together at my house planned for the night before. With as long as the week has been, I don't know if I'll have the energy for that kind of ride.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

This is one of my favorite daytrips in the mid to northern arizona area. When I lived there, and people wanted to see how different the desert can be, i'd take them on this trip. This trip includes a LOT of altitude changes, up to 8k feet in some areas. the Sedona portion on 89a is VERY VERY twisty.

https://trips.furkot.com/ts/VrWxKw

Here's a furkot for some bay area trip ideas. You can break 'em into several days, but it gives you an idea of some good roads to try.

Lick Observatory is a fun ride, but depending on when you go, there might be stupid people on the roads (weekends, holidays)

https://trips.furkot.com/ts/Rpe1Ix

EDIT: Also Gmail'd you via furkot so I hope you can see details better.

nitrogen fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 27, 2015

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

nitrogen posted:

This is one of my favorite daytrips in the mid to northern arizona area. When I lived there, and people wanted to see how different the desert can be, i'd take them on this trip. This trip includes a LOT of altitude changes, up to 8k feet in some areas. the Sedona portion on 89a is VERY VERY twisty.

https://trips.furkot.com/ts/VrWxKw

Here's a furkot for some bay area trip ideas. You can break 'em into several days, but it gives you an idea of some good roads to try.

Lick Observatory is a fun ride, but depending on when you go, there might be stupid people on the roads (weekends, holidays)

https://trips.furkot.com/ts/Rpe1Ix

EDIT: Also Gmail'd you via furkot so I hope you can see details better.

Sedona and the area around it is gorgeous, my parents have a house in Pinetop so we'll probably base camp from there, only downside to that is how annoying going through reservation territory can be. I'm not sure how much city riding I want to do in California, but I also kind of want to see all the famous mountain roads (Palomar, Mullholland Drive, Highway 1 around Big Sur, Angeles Crest, why does California have so many famous roads?) I have a cousin who lives in Escondido and was a pretty active rider for a long time so I'll probably see what he recommends. I know he used to ride Palomar all the time at least.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I just got booked for more crunch time tomorrow, so no riding for me :(

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

kuffs posted:

LAME :(

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme

kuffs posted:

Sorry to hear that. Hope it goes well.

Anyone else want to organize something or are we just doing our own thing till the next good weekend? Should be several more good opportunities for Talimena in the next month or two.

I'd volunteer, but I ride at a 1980's technological level (my bike is carbureted and everything) and don't have a GPS that I can use while riding. I'm usually comfortable leaving that to the guys on the high dollar bikes with all the extra gadgets.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

What were those bluetooth gizmos y'all had at the last ride we did?

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
These bad boys right here http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sena-smh-10-bluetooth-stereo-headset

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
Sena 4 lyfe, yo.

I have some coworkers that bought some more expensive one that wont pair for intercom with my Sena. Assholes.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

OK that sena is the bees knees. I love it already. I can listen to NPR while I commute again.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
I know it's not "cool" but I recommend the version WITHOUT the boom mic. Unless you need the boom for a flip-face lid, the wired mic is loving tits.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Meh, the wired mic is cool but personally doesn't bug me one way or another

Here's without the boom:
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sena-smh10-universal-bluetooth-headset

nitrogen posted:

OK that sena is the bees knees. I love it already. I can listen to NPR while I commute again.

Uh, the SMH-10's don't have FM radio. That would be the 20S.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Strangely enough for my birthday last month I was given a set of the Sena smh10s. I thought about just the wire microphone but ended up just shoving the boom into the pads. I've been using it lately and drat is it nice.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
Oh yeah, either way is drat nice. I can talk to people on the phone doing 70 MPH on my Striple (which doesn't have much in the way of aeodynamics)and they are surprised when I mention I'm on my bike.

You really can't go wrong with a Sena - the things are freaking amazing.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

kuffs posted:

Meh, the wired mic is cool but personally doesn't bug me one way or another

Here's without the boom:
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sena-smh10-universal-bluetooth-headset

Uh, the SMH-10's don't have FM radio. That would be the 20S.

Right, but I have this as well as this, so it's covered.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
I'm riding my bike up to the the McKinney area to go skydiving today. I'm beginning to think I have a personality that takes excessive risks.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

PadreScout posted:

I'm riding my bike up to the the McKinney area to go skydiving today. I'm beginning to think I have a personality that takes excessive risks.

I would love to do this as well. I've always wanted to.

Perhaps today I will go to Frisco to that place at the mall today and go fake it.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me
Dallas watch yourselves!

azzenco
Jan 16, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Hey selling my cbr250. Any tips on making the ad more appealing? I reckon lowering the price would help. Anyone here need some size Medium gear?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/mcy/4977780066.html

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
List the last time it was serviced. If it's been sitting for a while it should probably have its fluids changed.

The ad does not indicate if you have the parts to return it to stock height, only that you have the stock kickstand.

e: also, the price is kinda high, but I assume that's to try and get better money out of CL. There's a 2012 without ABS and 3kmi on it for $3200 at Cycle Center of Denton. They list prep and detail as a separate charge, so the price comparison is on equal footing.

kuffs fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Apr 14, 2015

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Minkee posted:

Dallas watch yourselves!

I'd beat him up too, that's a travesty what he did to that thing.

They probably just wanted to take all that crap off of it and return it to stock so it stopped looking so dumb.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
Motoliberty is having a leather jacket sale tomorrow! 15% off.

I'm going for the free coffee.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

PadreScout posted:

Motoliberty is having a leather jacket sale tomorrow! 15% off.

I'm going for the free coffee.

I was going to stop by after work... If you're there between 10am and 11am I'll probably see you there.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

Skreemer posted:

I was going to stop by after work... If you're there between 10am and 11am I'll probably see you there.

Yup. I'l probably be there then. I need to stop by turners and get a thing so I can fix my bar ends and then I'll be at motoliberty most rest of the morning.

Alamoduh
Sep 12, 2011
Quick question for dallas commuters: I'm going to be in downtown Dallas for about a month, commuting on my motorcycle. Any suggestions on where to park near 1999 Bryan st.?

Dallas doesn't seem to have any motorcycle-specific lots, but a lot of print a ticket surface lots, which won't work for obvious reasons. Free is obviously best, but cheap works- just don't want to pay $10 a day if I can help it.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Alamoduh posted:

Quick question for dallas commuters: I'm going to be in downtown Dallas for about a month, commuting on my motorcycle. Any suggestions on where to park near 1999 Bryan st.?

Dallas doesn't seem to have any motorcycle-specific lots, but a lot of print a ticket surface lots, which won't work for obvious reasons. Free is obviously best, but cheap works- just don't want to pay $10 a day if I can help it.

Not I unfortunately. I don't get downtown much and tend to stay north of where you're going to be. Though aside from that, if you're going to be in the area continuously, let us know, we should get a ride together for you if you wish.

Alamoduh
Sep 12, 2011
I'm definite up for seeing what north texas has to offer. I'm from houston, and been going back for weekends, but I need to stay in dallas and get to see the nightlife (which looks to be pretty great) and some good riding. I'll be here till June 11.

Also, found. Spot that looks to be free across from the t Boone Pickens YMCA. Wish me luck!

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Alamoduh posted:

I'm definite up for seeing what north texas has to offer. I'm from houston, and been going back for weekends, but I need to stay in dallas and get to see the nightlife (which looks to be pretty great) and some good riding. I'll be here till June 11.

Also, found. Spot that looks to be free across from the t Boone Pickens YMCA. Wish me luck!

There are some spots for riding up here but not too much, most of it is pretty flat.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
So, anyone taking bets on when we'll see the sun for a full day again? I've been riding, but it's mostly dodging rain about the place.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I've been keeping up the bike commuting even in the rain. If I didn't have friends at my place until Saturday I'd probably take off somewhere for a 3 day weekend.

As it is, planning to just do a lot of work on the bikes this weekend. DRZ needs a starter clutch o-ring to keep it from leaking oil all over the garage. F4i needs to have some TLC so it doesn't run like poo poo on my next track day.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
Well gents, it's Friday- which means it's time for another beautiful weekend of poo poo and rain and nonsense to prevent a lovely casual weekend ride.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
We can have a soggy weekend ride.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Sunday looks clear according to the forecast

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

kuffs posted:

Sunday looks clear according to the forecast

I'm up for giving something a try this sunday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
If it's reaonalbly clear I'm game, I havent ridden in like 3o r 4 weeks. I'm ready.

• Locked thread