Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

california is home to cortez walton, v stiviano, and the based god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

EvanTH posted:

I've been tuning in to Cavs games lately because it's my favorite offense to watch. But why does everyone always make fun of JR Smith like he's not good at just about everything on the court :[ Maybe in 2016 they'll see the ring and they'll know.

When JR Smith is the focal point of the offense he tends to try to do way too much and as such look stupid and terrible.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

straight up brolic posted:

california is home to cortez walton, v stiviano, and the based god
marry, gently caress, kill

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
You are seriously just begging to be cursed in this thread.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

E2M2 posted:

Didn't he twist his ankle the game he came back on Harrison Barnes foot or something?

Based Curse is real

It was Mo Bucket's evil twin head growth foot

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Dejan Bimble posted:

You'd have to ask his medico.

What a bone graft now definitely means is that his initial procedure either wasn't done properly or wasn't healing properly, so they need to fix it up with some bone from his hip or from a dead body, to promote his fractured footie bones healing together properly .

So which dead athlete is going to be harvested?

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.
Rip Hamilton just compared himself and Chauncey to Steph and Klay... And the cherry on top is that he backed Larry brown on the Kentucky 8th seed crap and Chauncey shot him down hard lol

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
The lesson, as always, is beware the curse of Lil B.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

WhyteRyce posted:

Dion Waiters.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The Durant thing really sucks. However as bad as I feel for him I am in some part delighted that the based god's curse worked.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

WhyteRyce posted:

Durant winning a championship with Derrick Rose's salvaged viscera would be pretty :unsmith:

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

If Bill Simmons was actually in tune with pop culture he'd update his trade value column and put Lil B in the top 10.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lil B cursed KD, has Drake cursed the Raptors?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

It will never not be soul-crushingly depressing watching generational talents in any sport get derailed by their own bodies :smith:

I really hope KD comes back from this.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I dare you all to watch Charlotte@Washington tonight

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Kyrie Irving would be at least 30% better if people pronounced his name w/o emphasis on the 2nd syllable

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

EvanTH posted:

I dare you all to watch Charlotte@Washington tonight

You know how Randy Wittman said his team takes open midrange shots, well it's true, they generate more open midrange shots than anyone else. And in fact only two teams (Indiana is the other) generate a large amount of open midrange shots.

http://nyloncalculus.com/2015/03/27/freelance-friday-why-the-atlanta-hawks-offense-might-be-in-trouble/

You can learn all that and more here. The title is about the Hawks creating an incredible amount of open three point shots and the concern that it might not hold up during the playoffs.

Some other stuff that backs up some stuff that some of us like to say

quote:

I have one short note for Houston, Moreyball. What the last figure shows once again is that Houston’s frequency of midrange shots (or the lack thereof) is impressive and unprecedented. At the same time, it shows that Houston does not at all produce open shots. This might be part of the explanation for their middling offensive efficiency and puts an asterisk on the idea that the absolute focus on shot selection automatically leads to great results. But once again, if you look at their roster, you can also see that it is not as star-powered as other teams.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Mar 27, 2015

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
:rip: durant

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Someone needs to put a stop to lil b, this is going too far

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

WhyteRyce posted:

Lil B cursed KD, has Drake cursed the Raptors?

Makes sense if he really wasn't involved with making the new and bad logo

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

erezaka posted:

Kyrie Irving would be at least 30% better if people pronounced his name w/o emphasis on the 2nd syllable

it should be pronounced like the greek (I guess maybe it's Latin but I think it's greek?) word imho

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Mornacale posted:

it should be pronounced like the greek (I guess maybe it's Latin but I think it's greek?) word imho

100% agree, I want to see Mark Jackson get through this: http://www.forvo.com/word/%CE%BA%CF%8D%CF%81%CE%B9%CE%B5/

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

It'd be cool if we could rebuild D-Rose with bits and chunks of Penny Hardaway.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
In memory of Kroll Show ending, here's The Legend of Young Larry again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5kaRbokoo8

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Illinois Smith posted:

In memory of Kroll Show ending, here's The Legend of Young Larry again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5kaRbokoo8

Holy poo poo I just assumed Kroll Show was bad, but this is fantastic.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Inside Outside posted:

It was probably my favorite sketch that doesn't feature Bob & David ever. :(

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
RIP Kevin Durant, you were too beautiful for this world.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
I choose to believe that Kyrie's parents were super into Mr. Mister.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

It's hosed up that they brought Durant back early. When has bringing a 7 footer with a foot injury back early ever been a good idea

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

hitze posted:

It's hosed up that they brought Durant back early. When has bringing a 7 footer with a foot injury back early ever been a good idea

People would be bitching just as much had they missed the playoffs this year by keeping him out longer (though there's still a remote chance they miss them anyway)

You never know with these things

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
The Spurs bring such wicked beatdowns they've destroyed the Heat and the Thunder.

Dejan Bimble posted:

You know how Randy Wittman said his team takes open midrange shots, well it's true, they generate more open midrange shots than anyone else. And in fact only two teams (Indiana is the other) generate a large amount of open midrange shots.

http://nyloncalculus.com/2015/03/27/freelance-friday-why-the-atlanta-hawks-offense-might-be-in-trouble/

You can learn all that and more here. The title is about the Hawks creating an incredible amount of open three point shots and the concern that it might not hold up during the playoffs.

Some other stuff that backs up some stuff that some of us like to say

As much as I hate the midrange game I do think dumping it entirely will make you easier to guard in the long run.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Bashez posted:

As much as I hate the midrange game I do think dumping it entirely will make you easier to guard in the long run.

I don't hate watching midrange, but I agree with your point. 99% of teams have no business featuring the midrange, but they need to be competent in it so that opponents can't ignore midrange and overload in the paint and on the three point line. Make them have to work that much harder on defense.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Inside Outside posted:

It's so good. He has the L.L. form down , the grabbing of the back in the beginning and laying down later, and the trash talk.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

hitze posted:

i blame the warriors for placing their feet in durant's path

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Inside Outside posted:

This past season they had a Cheers like sketch where Larry was the bartender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGEcP-iAVFk

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

The B_36 posted:

You guys all realize that Walton is making that poo poo up about Mt St Helens right? I mean, there's not much chance he actually flew a plane thru an erupting volcano. I think the weed is affecting his brain and making him mistake fever dreams for reality at this point.

Bill Walton once smoked marijuana with bigfoot and then followed it up with a transcendental meditation session. You can't disprove that!

Terry Glenn posted:

what i say is, lets just amputate the foot, throw a spring-loaded oscar pistorius foot blade on there and call it good.

Durant current health status:

Mornacale posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NDjt4FzFWY
Kyrie eleison

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

That combo doesn't seem particularly meaningful.

It's lacking in experience. Although Kerr being around Jackson/Popovich for twenty years probably mitigates the coaching half.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

hitze posted:

bill simmons literally predicted that exactly this would happen if they rushed him back when he first hurt his foot

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Given what they are doing, I think he likely would have re-hurt his foot even if they had sat him longer. If it needs to be grafted now it would have been a matter of time before that happened again.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

In case anyone was interested in what SRS might look like if it were calculated using only games after the All-Star break:

e: the one I posted the first time had some other "correct for home/away games, cap blowouts" crap. This one just uses the regular SRS formula. Sorry!

Isentropy fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Mar 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Geriatric Pirate posted:

People would be bitching just as much had they missed the playoffs this year by keeping him out longer (though there's still a remote chance they miss them anyway)

You never know with these things

Uh no they wouldn't.

• Locked thread