Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

I think they'll do Taker's retirement match on the show, and I'd expect some sort of a special guest match for either Cena or HHH plus whatever the title match is. I'm not sure what they'd do but I think they'll try.

is there a special guest left that will draw besides Austin?

Ronda, I guess. maybe HBK?

Brock vs. Rock
Taker vs. Sting or Cena
HHH vs. whoever who cares
HBK vs. Bryan
Ronda vs. ..........................Charlotte? idek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
They're in Dallas, Austin's involvement in any meaningful manner feels like it would guarantee a sell out to me.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

of all the people to take a retirement stip seriously why did one have to be HBK

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

epitasis posted:

of all the people to take a retirement stip seriously why did one have to be HBK

Honestly, by this point, I'd be more surprised to see Stone Cold come back for a match. It's been twelve years. I can't think of anyone coming back from a longer layoff.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015

TL posted:

Honestly, by this point, I'd be more surprised to see Stone Cold come back for a match. It's been twelve years. I can't think of anyone coming back from a longer layoff.

Sting hasn't been in a ring since WCW went under

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hey Hulkamatt, please rename the thread to: Stupid Wrestling Fan Opinions: Tweets, Asylums, Meccas and Mets Fans.

MetsFan meltdowns are the best. The fact that he's claiming he's more credible than Dave is :allears:.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

epitasis posted:

Ronda vs.

the entire roster, wrestlemania is 45 minutes long

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

the entire roster, wrestlemania is 45 minutes long
That's a lot of armbars.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rodney the Piper posted:

Apparently after MetsFan's latest post, someone reposted it on The Board and Dave refuted it. This was Mets Fan's reaction

I've thought that Brock vs Roman was going to headline WM31 since some time last year, where do I collect my nuthuggers and permission to look down on people who have more experience and respect from the industry in their left hand than I ever will?

e: And where do I get better sayings than that one?

Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark
Now I'm just wondering if Ronda would be willing to job. She loves wrestling, but she also loves being undefeated...

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Gatorfade posted:

Now I'm just wondering if Ronda would be willing to job. She loves wrestling, but she also loves being undefeated...

Is this a magical world where she is no longer under UFC contract? Cause Dana wouldn't allow someone to wrestle in WWE, and he double wouldn't allow someone to lose on WWE TV.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

triplexpac posted:

Is this a magical world where she is no longer under UFC contract? Cause Dana wouldn't allow someone to wrestle in WWE, and he double wouldn't allow someone to lose on WWE TV.

Not sure what her contract deal is right now. But she has talked about life after UFC.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Aurain posted:

I've thought that Brock vs Roman was going to headline WM31 since some time last year, where do I collect my nuthuggers and permission to look down on people who have more experience and respect from the industry in their left hand than I ever will?

e: And where do I get better sayings than that one?

Dave's been reporting that Reigns Vs Brock was the planned match since the end of WM30. He only speculated that Bryan would be added to the match because WWE would have to be spectacularly stupid to go ahead with that plan.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, but he obviously heard that from MetsFan.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
MetsFan is actually Brock just loving with everybody

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

MetsFan is actually Brock just loving with everybody

Brock's Ice Palace probably doesn't have access to the Internet.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

Well the only way we'll know for sure is if someone breaks into his house

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gonzo McFee posted:

"the internet, huh? Isn't that where all those *bleep* meet up to jerk each other off?"

-Brock Lesnar

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

epitasis posted:

Brock vs. Rock
Taker vs. Sting or Cena
HBK vs. Bryan

Batista is also a possibility if he still wants to do a retirement match and has time. He's not going to add much business wise but it's another guy to add to the depth.

Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark

epitasis posted:

Brock vs. Rock
Taker vs. Sting or Cena
HBK vs. Bryan

KURT ANGLE! OH IT'S TRUE, IT'S drat TRUE!
Except it isn't. Although if he finally hangs it up I'd love to see him make an appearance.
HYPOTHETICALLY Goldberg has always said he's willing to do one more match, but I highly doubt he's ever going back to the WWE for anything but the Hall of Fame.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gatorfade posted:

KURT ANGLE! OH IT'S TRUE, IT'S drat TRUE!
Except it isn't. Although if he finally hangs it up I'd love to see him make an appearance.
HYPOTHETICALLY Goldberg has always said he's willing to do one more match, but I highly doubt he's ever going back to the WWE for anything but the Hall of Fame.

Angle is a no go because he's been on deathwatch for the past ten years. WWE doesn't want him dying on their watch and Angle won't slow down until he's permanently in a wheelchair.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

they could try and build someone up this year instead of needing cameos from old guys and.... ahahahaha sorry i can't finish that

Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark

Gonzo McFee posted:

Angle is a no go because he's been on deathwatch for the past ten years. WWE doesn't want him dying on their watch and Angle won't slow down until he's permanently in a wheelchair.

Oh I know. But I'd like him to make an appearance again in the WWE. Put the Ankle Lock on someone. Let's say Rusev.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

they could try and build someone up this year instead of needing cameos from old guys and.... ahahahaha sorry i can't finish that

Unless the next Goldberg comes along there is no one you could build for an entire year to make a Marquee match to sell out a 100,000 seat stadium.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Onmi posted:

Unless the next Goldberg comes along there is no one you could build for an entire year to make a Marquee match to sell out a 100,000 seat stadium.

I mean, bringing back someone for one of the major matches is awesome. I'm totally down for Rock vs. Brock or Austin vs. Brock. But every singles match being an old guy cameo? Pretty lame,.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the strip-mall excess of cowboy stadium will make for a very nice metaphor when the wwe falls like the roman empire. or something

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Aurain posted:

Isn't Delsaber talking about the guy who flipped out because of Gamergate/SJW's or something in the WWE Discussion?

Because those are totally the kind of people who I think would defend DeMott and idolise Benoit.

that was Sramaker and him posting a banme because of gamergate asspain was a top moment in this forums recent history

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

NickRoweFillea posted:

that was Sramaker and him posting a banme because of gamergate asspain was a top moment in this forums recent history

I'm pretty sure that's a low moment because this is the Punchsport Pagoda and not Games The fact that general got derailed for like 10 pages was loving horrid and pissed me off endlessly because I come hear to read and talk about punchmans, not forum drama.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The derail was entirely worth the meltdown imo.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It was hilarious and inspired that reaction mainly for how random it was

Even the mods who usually do their best to keep us somewhat on topic couldn't help but openly laugh along with us

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Gatorfade posted:

Oh I know. But I'd like him to make an appearance again in the WWE. Put the Ankle Lock on someone. Let's say Rusev.

If Angle were ever to come back to WWE, he'd basically have to be like Bob Backlund-- crazy old man who won't stop putting people in the Crossface Chicken Wing Ankle Lock.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Chris James 2 posted:

It was hilarious and inspired that reaction mainly for how random it was

Even the mods who usually do their best to keep us somewhat on topic couldn't help but openly laugh along with us

My favorite part was how early on, before Gamergate got brought up (he was talking about how great Spoony is or some poo poo), he fully admitted that he's mentally questionable. He apparently forgot about that once he realized he was in the minority and went ham.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

My favorite part was how early on, before Gamergate got brought up (he was talking about how great Spoony is or some poo poo), he fully admitted that he's mentally questionable. He apparently forgot about that once he realized he was in the minority and went ham.

What thread was this again/where in said thread? I must reread it. That owned.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

SamuraiFoochs posted:

What thread was this again/where in said thread? I must reread it. That owned.

It was in one of the GDTs several months ago. A mod changed the name and everything

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3688311&pagenumber=24&perpage=40#post439225715

Here's where it begins

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Also pretty much where it ends because it was amazing how fast it went from normal to ban me

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Onmi posted:

I'm pretty sure that's a low moment because this is the Punchsport Pagoda and not Games The fact that general got derailed for like 10 pages was loving horrid and pissed me off endlessly because I come hear to read and talk about punchmans, not forum drama.

i come to this comedy forum for funny posts so I got exactly what I wanted for once

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

i come to this comedy forum for funny posts so I got exactly what I wanted for once

Fair enough, There's plenty of unintentional comedy actually relating to wrestling though, I mean TNA still exists.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I love you man

Too sweet me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~