Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

That's just what I'd say to get peoeple to buy into my april fools joke too.

EXACTLY.

I was thinking the joke would more be contained in the episode, like everything goes horribly wrong or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Riptor posted:

PFT on twitter:

@PFTompkins: The @Spontaneanation podcast is real. Don’t get hung up on the April 1st release. April Fool’s pranks are BENEATH ME. #SPONTwPFT
This makes sense. Frankly, I don't see how you can both like PFT and think he would do an April Fool's joke. They're the worst.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Just you wait til you download it and it's just a 40 minute fart-sound.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Superego has been threatening to do an April Fools episode for awhile now (characters are played/voiced by anyone but the original voice).

I'm not so sure any of the podcasters are "above" an April Fools joke.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
spontaneanation was the name of the improv standup/longform sketch show Tompkins did with superego last year in charleston

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

spontaneanation was the name of the improv standup/longform sketch show Tompkins did with superego last year in charleston

buzzkill

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Naming the show after something you've done already is just another layer of subterfuge for a great April Fools Day prank.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
theres no way a podcast could be as funny as any of those seven shows

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Any word on when Sark returns as GM on Nerd Poker?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RandomPauI posted:

Any word on when Sark returns as GM on Nerd Poker?

Never, I'm assuming.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Check out this week's Before You Were Funny with Sean Clements and Paul Rust. Sean reads an awful sketch he wrote but Paul brings a pretentious, dark monologue he wrote in college that is so bad he could read it verbatim on CBB and pass as a wacky character.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

It's really awesome that Sean and Hayes are guesting on a bunch of other stuff now~

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Check out this week's Before You Were Funny with Sean Clements and Paul Rust. Sean reads an awful sketch he wrote but Paul brings a pretentious, dark monologue he wrote in college that is so bad he could read it verbatim on CBB and pass as a wacky character.

Jesus, that monologue made me so uncomfortable. Sean's Dracula sketch was pretty good though.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Tacier posted:

Jesus, that monologue made me so uncomfortable. Sean's Dracula sketch was pretty good though.
Just what a Dracula would say

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

i love the hooray show

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Tacier posted:

The Rust monologue was unbelievable, blew everything out of the water, but I thought Emily Heller's authentic 6th grade autobiography was really funny too. Bad sketches aren't nearly as funny as people's authentically immature dramatic writing.

Periodiko fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Mar 25, 2015

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

i love the hooray show
Shannon O'Neill is crazy good on the recent one and made me realize she's my current favorite improviser

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

i love the hooray show

I'm still episodes behind, but it's basically sunshine for my ears

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I loved the kind of laid back improvising they did. It made me realize that I4H has been missing some of that fun lately. I dunno. I haven't been feeling I4H lately for some reason.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I dunno. I haven't been feeling I4H lately for some reason.

I used to love Gemberling, but dude seems to not enjoy comedy any more.

That scene where everyone deescalates their anger was like explicitly counter everything Besser stresses.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Gemberling not enjoying comedy? Huh? I thought he was great as usual, also he has been insanely funny on Broad City.
My issue with I4H lately is that is sometimes seems to turn into the Matt Besser show where he can rant on his mopes and bring in his guests so they can sing boring 3 minute songs about getting dumped, both which kind of suck the comedy out of a room.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Oh, yeah, he's incredible on Broad City. Everyone on that show is amazing. I don't understand how Hannibal Burress doesn't have like Kanye levels of stardom. can you imagine a chill af kanye

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Hannibal rules, great on the recent Doug Loves Movies too even when he's hungover

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Brock Samson posted:

Someone on the Earwolf Forums saw this before it was taken down

Help Im Alive posted:

The logo also looks like it was made in MS Paint and I hope it's just a placeholder until whoever does all the other Earwolf stuff gets to it or something

I knew that thing looked familiar...https://www.tropicalsmoothie.com/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Devonaut posted:

I knew that thing looked familiar...https://www.tropicalsmoothie.com/

PLEASE tell me PFT knows about this.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Holy poo poo, Lapkus' Dabney ep is brilliant.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Eel hovercraft posted:

Holy poo poo, Lapkus' Dabney ep is brilliant.
In my opinion it was better than the Leykus episode.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
There have been over 600 Yo! Is This Racist podcasts.

I'm 10 minutes in the Dabney 'cast and it's the best.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

CBB episode with PFT as guest host and Dabney. Do it.

Although I think Aukerman said on KPCS or something that he didn't want to do guest hosts again.

e: and Lapkus as Mizz Chips

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 27, 2015

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Fezz posted:

In my opinion it was better than the Leykus episode.

Wisdom.

I'M GAY FOR YOU DADDY. LET ME KISS THE THING THAT MADE ME. :stare:

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Eight Dollars posted:

There have been over 600 Yo! Is This Racist podcasts.

And the only one worth listening to is that white lady comedian saying Chicago is one of those typical midwest cities with no black people.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

And the only one worth listening to is that white lady comedian saying Chicago is one of those typical midwest cities with no black people.

I don't dislike yo is this racist but I don't listen to it either. The original tumblr is still pretty great tho. The concept works better on tumblr than as a podcast. Because 100 times out of 100 the answer is "Yes". If the podcast were 600 episodes of just ads and then the word "Yes" that would be pretty amazing though.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Third World Orphan was good, too, unironically. I didn't realize it was my wife calling in until the call was almost over!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

I don't dislike yo is this racist but I don't listen to it either. The original tumblr is still pretty great tho. The concept works better on tumblr than as a podcast. Because 100 times out of 100 the answer is "Yes". If the podcast were 600 episodes of just ads and then the word "Yes" that would be pretty amazing though.

I've thought about calling in with a question to see what he'd say, but that would take more effort than I'm willing to expend: Is it racist for a white person to say the title of a song/album with a variation 'n-word' in it? Like Niggas In Paris, Niggas On The Moon, etc.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

I've thought about calling in with a question to see what he'd say, but that would take more effort than I'm willing to expend: Is it racist for a white person to say the title of a song/album with a variation 'n-word' in it? Like Niggas In Paris, Niggas On The Moon, etc.

Yes.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

well that's bullshit, clearly they have too much power now

*votes republican*

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Dabney drank Cody's piss and he had to take off a ball gag because he enjoyed it too much

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Is thinking that Yo Is This Racist? is poo poo racist?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I honestly thought Earwolf stopped making Yo! Is This Racist? two years ago around when they dropped The Apple Sisters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think they're still releasing it every weekday and it's probably more successful than Hollywood Handbook somehow