Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
I highly doubt that weekend passes will be had but if so don't drink and drive. Although they changed the rules when we left back in '12. Oh memories.

Mustang posted:

Shipping to OCS tomorrow, not sure what to expect, can't seem to find any concrete info. Hoping to get a weekend pass this weekend before the class actually starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Oh, when you finally start a class don't be That Guy that gets hammered and shits on the floor of the cadre bathroom, then leaves it for one of the platoon TAC officers to find the next morning. Also, don't be That Guy who cheats on his wife with another candidate and then texts his (soon to be ex) wife death threats while she is talking to the CO about the special kind of shitbird that he was. When you go to your branch course, don't be the 2LT that picks up a GOMR for exceeding his pass mileage and gets caught because he thought drunkenly assaulting a cop was A Good Idea.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mustang posted:

Shipping to OCS tomorrow, not sure what to expect, can't seem to find any concrete info. Hoping to get a weekend pass this weekend before the class actually starts.

look at this dumdum

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Icon Of Sin posted:

Oh, when you finally start a class don't be That Guy that gets hammered and shits on the floor of the cadre bathroom, then leaves it for one of the platoon TAC officers to find the next morning.

on the other hand, definitely be that guy

the enlisted will like you more if you tell that story

you still should hang tho

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I hear that if you shoot the moon and receive a reprimand from everyone in your CoC up to the first GO you get an automatic promotion to O3 and you get to bang the post commander's wife.

e: have to be separate incidents, tho

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What if the post commander's wife is a troll?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

That's the last one you have to get :ssh:

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
If you joined the army, why would you have any standards at all.
Edit: it doesn't matter if she looks like Danny Divito, you do her, because why not.

Pine Cone Jones fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 27, 2015

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Mustang posted:

Shipping to OCS tomorrow

haha

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

Spicy Guacamole posted:

I hear that if you shoot the moon and receive a reprimand from everyone in your CoC up to the first GO you get an automatic promotion to O3 and you get to bang the post commander's wife.

e: have to be separate incidents, tho

In OCS we don't even qualify or touch live ammo except for blanks and artillery sims...

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

White Chocolate posted:

In OCS we don't even qualify or touch live ammo except for blanks and artillery sims...
uh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearts#Shooting_the_moon

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Cole posted:

on the other hand, definitely be that guy

the enlisted will like you more if you tell that story

you still should hang tho

That one actually did graduate, although a class late (so 3 weeks later) :negative::hf::patriot:

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Got the pass, looks like we're for sure classing up on monday. Doesn't seem to bad, just lots of running and studying.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Mustang posted:

Doesn't seem to bad.

it's a trap dude

trust me

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Given a choice between Drum and Hood, which sucks less?

I hate winter but get the feeling I might hate Hood more.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Loden Taylor posted:

Given a choice between Drum and Hood, which sucks less?

I hate winter but get the feeling I might hate Hood more.

Kill yourself now, save us the inevitably painful suicide awareness "training".

stevenolson88
Sep 30, 2009

One of 12 senior 1LTs/junior CPTs in the battalion 3 shop right now. I come in and do PT. Check my e-mail. Nothing to do. Go to lunch. Go to the gym. Go home by 1500 every day.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

stevenolson88 posted:

One of 12 senior 1LTs/junior CPTs in the battalion 3 shop right now. I come in and do PT. Check my e-mail. Nothing to do. Go to lunch. Go to the gym. Go home by 1500 every day.

This is me. Show up to drill, stand in formation, do work for civilian job/master's program for 8 hours, stand in formation, go home.

The NCOs have started to get mad at how informal I am. I've taken this to mean I'm behaving appropriately.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

Kill yourself now, save us the inevitably painful suicide awareness "training".

I hear Hood has guys who'll save me the effort and just shoot me in the face on some random day of the week.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

psydude posted:

The NCOs have started to get mad at how informal I am. I've taken this to mean I'm behaving appropriately.

Correct.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Maybe you staffers can shed light on this: how long do admin discharges take? Last time I heard from the Army was October-ish to sign my last OER.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Depends largely on how motivated your unit is to get you gone.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I was up for admin just as I hit my service obligation, and it was up in the air as to if I was getting sep'd or dropped to the IRR. After I cleared CIF the only contact I've had was to sign that OER. My address and contact info have stayed the same- doesn't HRC or somebody in the chain send you a letter if you're sep'd or switched to IRR?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

I got a boatload of poo poo in the first few weeks after I got out, but that's enlisted. I would just call up HRC and ask what's up.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

One of my friends just sent a snapchat from inprocessing at Ft. Jackson saying "DUDE WE CAN HAVE OUR PHONES UNTIL WE GO TO BASIC!"

What the gently caress

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

LeoMarr posted:

One of my friends just sent a snapchat from inprocessing at Ft. Jackson saying "DUDE WE CAN HAVE OUR PHONES UNTIL WE GO TO BASIC!"

What the gently caress

Yep. They only lock your phones up when you get to your training company.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

I went in seven years ago and didn't even take mine with me. They made everyone else turn theirs in in Reception. Dude walked up to drop his in the box and on the way back to his seat another one fell out of his pants leg. I can't imagine the rest of the cycle was easy on him.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
we got to make one last 5 minute phone call on ours at like 3am on that first night. i think the joke was that it was 3am and nobody would be awake.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
ki have no idae what therwad o'm posting in but the ambien has me khllucinating and the laptop is part of the e..... the letters are floating,.. this shis is siwie

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
And ambien claims another victim.

benem
Feb 15, 2012
Heard that the rotational brigades coming to Korea are going to be totally restricted to post, under GO1, not allowed to take passes, etc. Anyone confirm/deny?

Wouldn't actually mind coming back here, but that would blow pretty hard.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Cole posted:

ki have no idae what therwad o'm posting in but the ambien has me khllucinating and the laptop is part of the e..... the letters are floating,.. this shis is siwie

rip in piss o7

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Cole posted:

Go to bed Cole :ohdear:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

benem posted:

Heard that the rotational brigades coming to Korea are going to be totally restricted to post, under GO1, not allowed to take passes, etc. Anyone confirm/deny?

Wouldn't actually mind coming back here, but that would blow pretty hard.

Aren't they doing Foal Eagle about now or something? I kinda remember it happening around this time. Or someone raped another juicy/got stabbed by another local/ran over another little girl/attacked another protest group. What I'm saying is being under GO1 is just a thing that happens there. A lot.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Another week for me at Bliss. gently caress YOU BLISS LET ME GO TO CUBA

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
This will be the first year where I've got my name on a rent lease; should I be calling someone in my unit about updating my BAH? I suspect that even for 2 weeks of AT that there's to be some semblance of compensation to be had. I'm single, if that's a 'you get nothing' detail. My first guess is that I should email my unit's Admin NCO during Not Drill, but I'd figure I would ask the thread first since you guys have a lot of experience.

e; later in april we're going on a 2 week mission to dump ammo that came back post deployment from a sister unit so I guess that would count too.

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Mar 28, 2015

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

NTT posted:

This will be the first year where I've got my name on a rent lease; should I be calling someone in my unit about updating my BAH? I suspect that even for 2 weeks of AT that there's to be some semblance of compensation to be had. I'm single, if that's a 'you get nothing' detail.

e; later in april we're going on a 2 week mission to dump ammo that came back post deployment from a sister unit so I guess that would count too.

Sub-30 day orders award type II BAH, which is based upon a flat rate. If you're ordered to active duty over 30 days (which entitles you to full active duty benefits), you'll fill out a new BAH form with your address and everything.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Do I still need to tell someone in my unit I have a name on a lease for type 2 or is that automated and everyone gets it without much fuss?

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
Also we are (lol) scheduled for a 33 day JRTC rotation, the second one of two back to back rotations. I don't think that they will keep the days with NYC BAH for most of my Soldiers, but I could be wrong. What are the chances of them cutting it down to 21 days? Likely? Unlikely? This is after the first change in dates to support the mission.

The first one is 21 days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

White Chocolate posted:

Also we are (lol) scheduled for a 33 day JRTC rotation, the second one of two back to back rotations. I don't think that they will keep the days with NYC BAH for most of my Soldiers, but I could be wrong. What are the chances of them cutting it down to 21 days? Likely? Unlikely? This is after the first change in dates to support the mission.

The first one is 21 days

They should be putting them on actual active duty orders, but the process for it is somewhat complex so I doubt it's going to happen. It's more likely that they're going to throw them on back to back 29 day orders.

• Locked thread