Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Quest For Glory II posted:

I wonder what the odds are that by the time we see Zelda again, it won't be open world anymore.

Infinitesimally close to zero, I imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

I wonder what the odds are that by the time we see Zelda again, it won't be open world anymore.

My expectations for an "open world" Zelda game is basically Link Between Worlds where you can explore the whole map and play any dungeon that you want in any order.

Do people expect something more than this?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Aonuma's been talking up Far Cry lately so I guess that means they're delaying the game to add bengal tigers and dubstep.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
My understanding of Earth at this point in time is that Wii U Zelda will not release this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OxWVA09tz0

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I'm going way back in the thread but did we figure out which two Koopalings would make the best romantic match?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Nolgthorn posted:

I'm going way back in the thread but did we figure out which two Koopalings would make the best romantic match?

That depends, is Petey Pirahna a Koopaling?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Bowser Jr and Wendy seems logical

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bean posted:

Related, nothing will ever beat the E3 where they demoed Nintendogs and, while Miamoto and the other presenter weren't watching, the dogs hosed right on stage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5EnE8XgTgo

Hahaha look at this funny thing on screen *camera zooms in on miyamoto holding a ds*

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

noirstronaut posted:

Roy and Wendy seems logical

ftfy because BJ's a lil bitch.

I_Like_Me
Dec 26, 2004
Not sure if it's still registerable, but here's a club nintendo code for link's crossbow training.

L9N-PPKU-QFMX-U6X

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Fremry posted:

I have a Hulk amiibo. I ripped the head off of a Little Mac, glued on the head from a 70's Hulk action figure and painted him green.

lol

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nolgthorn posted:

They're brothers you sick fucker!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Fsmhunk posted:

They're brothers you sick fucker!

being brothers they can sync thier heartbeats.

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Wait, what's actually happening in the Nintendogs video? I'm guessing the game doesn't literally feature dogs boning.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ometeotl posted:

Infinitesimally close to zero, I imagine.
Nah I'd put it at an actual number, Nintendo is the kind of company that bites off more than they can chew sometimes. It'll be a good game no matter what but they've never made a game with the scope of an open world before.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Nah I'd put it at an actual number, Nintendo is the kind of company that bites off more than they can chew sometimes. It'll be a good game no matter what but they've never made a game with the scope of an open world before.

Aonuma said they're delaying it so they can pack in all the new poo poo they just thought up, so it'd take massive balls for them to start walking it back.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I'm sure it will be a great game, my only hope is that they don't put way too many loving tutorials in the beginning like Skyward Sword and TP. Get the game moving right out the gate like Link Between Worlds.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Nolgthorn posted:

theyre siblings what the gently caress

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Nolgthorn posted:

Iggy and a second Iggy.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zero. Nintendo, by-and-large, actually stick to the initial design because the ones putting it together are the people at the top. It's not like a lot of other companies where delays mean a dozen idiots want to scrawl on the writer's work in crayon because they have a better idea due to market research and whoops now it's rushed, buggy and generally mediocre/crap just so as to meet a deadline.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Aonuma said they're delaying it so they can pack in all the new poo poo they just thought up, so it'd take massive balls for them to start walking it back.

Nintendo should get with the times man.

They should release an unfinished game and just make a 2gb update patch later.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Zero. Nintendo, by-and-large, actually stick to the initial design because the ones putting it together are the people at the top. It's not like a lot of other companies where delays mean a dozen idiots want to scrawl on the writer's work in crayon because they have a better idea due to market research and whoops now it's rushed, buggy and generally mediocre/crap just so as to meet a deadline.

That's partially true. From what I've seen, Nintendo generally don't even let a game see the light of day until they've gone through a lot of initial design ideas and agree unanimously that it is going to be the design from then on. It's more like Nintendo sticks to the design that they show off at its first press release. Except for Paper Mario: Sticker Star and we all know how that turned out.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I hope the new Zelda game has marriage choices so it can properly copy Skyrim.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
How do we know for certain that the Koopalings are siblings if we never see their mother

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

their bonds run deeper than blood

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The Koopalings are homunculi brought to life by Dark Magicks and sacrifices using the souls of the dead.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

the last thing I want is for anything to resemble the ugly plastic doll world of skyrim

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

MinibarMatchman posted:

the last thing I want is for anything to resemble the ugly plastic doll world of skyrim
The Wii-U exists just to sell plastic dolls. As does anime....

This is why they made Zelda into a full fledged anime game. They'll sell billions of dolls.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

If you ever need another reason to buy Splatoon then here you go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idCAwBpcOjQ

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Jarogue posted:

If you ever need another reason to buy Splatoon then here you go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idCAwBpcOjQ

It's ratchet and clank but with a focus multiplayer and a rather weak looking single player mode.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's ratchet and clank but with a focus multiplayer and a rather weak looking single player mode.
I have faith in the single player because at one point they were considering it being a Mario game before they decided on squids, so if they are taking that kind of single-player design philosophy it should be a pretty solid campaign, even if the multiplayer is the main focus.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Zelda 2 update:

7/7/7 and ready to start Maze Palace.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

But the colors, Taint, the colors!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I have faith in the single player because at one point they were considering it being a Mario game before they decided on squids, so if they are taking that kind of single-player design philosophy it should be a pretty solid campaign, even if the multiplayer is the main focus.

I can't help but think this confirms a Super Mario Sunshine HD at some point in the near future, if only for re-using Splatoon's very similar paint engine.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

they might did a 3DS release of Sunshine like 64 for the DS. But if they do a HD remake the Luigi Mansion and maybe add in the Pal hard mode.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Jarogue posted:

But the colors, Taint, the colors!
He'll ignore the second comma.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

The Taint Reaper posted:

ocarina of time had marriage choices

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I can sense a taint reaping coming at any moment.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I can appreciate the artistry in taint reaper's posting and the wii u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

noirstronaut posted:

I can sense a taint reaping coming at any moment.

its been a long time coming

• Locked thread