Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

i have nothing against the franchise, personally. I just don't want to be compared to a fandom that is 90% gross creeps.

If you're such a fan of a show that you feel compelled to come up with a new term to describe your fandom, you might be taking things too seriously.

vv e. Fair enough.

MelvinBison fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Mar 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just be a fan of the show and don't give a poo poo for the weirdos. Works 4 me.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

OINGO

BOINGO

COMBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I think you mean

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

HOL HORSE

BOINGO

COMBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

whoops, yeah

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gtPd9hZGRE

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I just can't believe that I had the slightest doubt that David wouldn't pull it out off again for Hol Horse + Boingo, but David are the gift that keeps on giving.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

All these people in the anime thread guessing DIO's stand is just "teleportation" they have quite the ride in front of them.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wonder how many people new to the anime have heard of the meme Dio's Stand is involved in. That's what got me into Phantom Blood.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm genuinely surprised anyone would guess teleportation, because that's an easy answer and there's no such thing as easy answers in jojo's

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i'm genuinely surprised anyone would guess teleportation, because that's an easy answer and there's no such thing as easy answers in jojo's

We know that now but I think that's not really the case circa Stardust Crusaders. A lot of the stands are still really straight forward in terms of the group that has been shown so far.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

true, but even in stardust crusaders it'd be boring as hell to give the main antag teleportation. that poo poo's in everything else.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

true, but even in stardust crusaders it'd be boring as hell to give the main antag teleportation. that poo poo's in everything else.

Now teleporting through time, that's a power they'll be discussing for years to come.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

king crimson will be a fun time if/when the anime ever gets there

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

It's definitely "when". Japan loves part 5.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

MelvinBison posted:

Now teleporting through time, that's a power they'll be discussing for years to come.

Speaking of the main villain having time related powers, I can't help but wonder what Araki will give Kars' counterpart in JoJolion.

I mean, I wonder if he'll become a "perfect being" like his predecessor or just do something else entirely.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

with all the great soundwork and how well they portrayed d'arby, i'm hype to see how bites the dust is handled in regards to the tension and poo poo involved

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

with all the great soundwork and how well they portrayed d'arby, i'm hype to see how bites the dust is handled in regards to the tension and poo poo involved

Literally nothing excites me more then the idea of Kira Yoshikage being in anime. 7 may be my favorite part but I mark out hard for Kira.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

It'll be figured out in like twenty seconds.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Stairmaster posted:

It'll be figured out in like twenty seconds.

ten of which had been erased

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Speaking of the main villain having time related powers, I can't help but wonder what Araki will give Kars' counterpart in JoJolion.

I mean, I wonder if he'll become a "perfect being" like his predecessor or just do something else entirely.

He'll eat all the magic fruits and trade his Stand for perfection. Then he'll get a better Stand because STANDS.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Hol Horse is in the next Mortal Kombat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPGj1o2LLTk

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Fat_Cow posted:

All these people in the anime thread guessing DIO's stand is just "teleportation" they have quite the ride in front of them.

Honestly baffled there's people that don't know what DIO's Stand does by now. JoJo has been memetastic for so long that I knew about The World before I knew poo poo all else about the series.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wonder how many people new to the anime have heard of the meme Dio's Stand is involved in. That's what got me into Phantom Blood.

I first heard about JoJo that way, way back when I barely even knew what manga was (thought they were like a niche thing as opposed to literally mainstream comics).

Along those lines, I wonder if DavePro will stick to ROAD ROLLER or come up with something even more ridiculous. Maybe both?

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
Most the time I've seen or heard Dio's stand referenced it's as ZA WARUDO, and I doubt most people realize ZA WARUDO = The World without context.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

That's far more Roland Deschain than anything Hol Horse would ever do.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
The fact he doesn't immediately run like a bitch when he realizes he's alone disqualifies him.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Aurora posted:

That's far more Roland Deschain than anything Hol Horse would ever do.
He's got some of Hol Horse's moves from the fighting games.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

quakster posted:

He's got some of Hol Horse's moves from the fighting games.

Namely, the drop kick, shattering the glass, and of course Emperor.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

What glass? It's a grenade.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

He throws a glass bottle and shoots it at the very beginning of the fight.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

It's one of his weird grenade things.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Since when do grenades make glass shattering sounds?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

When they're made of glass? :confused:

You can see them on the back of his belt on the intro. It's not really much of a Hol Horse reference

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

So my point stands then.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm not sure how shooting a glass bottle relates to shooting glass out of windows and poo poo but okay

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
All gunmans are a reference to all other gunmans obviously.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Million Ghosts posted:

All gunmans are a reference to all other gunmans obviously.

Same

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

can't believe sergio leone is best buds with araki and araki let him steal hol horse for the dollars trilogy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Aurora posted:

I'm not sure how shooting a glass bottle relates to shooting glass out of windows and poo poo but okay

Is this trolling?

• Locked thread