Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

God. drat. This show has been a loving fantastic companion during my last year of college and I am going to miss it like whoa. Like I said before, it's just been so resonant with me in such a kind of theraputic way - something about just how optimistic it is about the daily grind and all the care it puts into showing young professionals living their lives and furthering their crafts and poking fun at each other and getting drunk and having quiet little moments with mom on the phone and dealing with dumb office bullshit and so on and so on and so on. Such a good feel good show - relentlessly optimistic in a way that still feels grounded and meaningful to the real world. If they release a season 2 I will be all over that poo poo.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

DiabloCthulhu posted:

So Aoi apparently can multiply!

It's one of the skills you learn as a production desk no doubt.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Fangz posted:

Look carefully at the photograph.

I'm not seeing it, who else has noticed them?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

ViggyNash posted:

I'm not seeing it, who else has noticed them?

The fact that they are even present on the photo?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

nielsm posted:

Yeah, that's what I meant.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

nielsm posted:

I guess? I think that's a stretch though.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

"More importantly, dat rear end!"

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Anime of the year. Anime of the decade, man.

I came into this show having gotten a real job after three years of desperate searching, and it was a goddamn balm to my soul to get a show like this. They really got what it's like to be a young professional, and it means so much to see the five girls struggling with the same issues that me and my friends have been dealing with. I remember a number of posters thought that Zuka-chan shouldn't have succeeded as a VA. I can see where they're going with that, but I feel that that kind of ending for her character arc wouldn't have fit the nature of the show. In a fun workplace show that resonates so deeply with me, I need to see all the girls succeed. Real life isn't always so kind. :unsmith:

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
PA Works doesn't really do sequels but the way this is selling, there's a good chance we'll get a movie.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I love that the only truly, irredeemably unlikeable character got the dressing down he so richly deserved by the end. All the other characters who were antagonistic or incompetent or infuriating got enough development so that they were likeable by the end - or at least, I was happy that they seemed to be making progress. Though really, the show's been so consistently good at humanizing characters that I suspect they could even make me like Mr. Funny Story by the end of a movie.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
So it's obvious what Two-Piece is a reference to. But an original idea by the Director called Marginal Village Depopulation Girl?

Amstrad fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Mar 30, 2015

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Amstrad posted:

So it's obvious what Two-Piece is a reference to. But an original idea by the Director called Marginal Village Depopulation Girl?

I'm not certain, but it may be referring to Humanity has Declined, a fun little series about a post-peak humanity and how they deal with "modern humans" or fairies, seemingly innocous beings who like candy and are intelligent despite their appearance.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/humanity-has-declined

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Conot posted:

I'm not certain, but it may be referring to Humanity has Declined, a fun little series about a post-peak humanity and how they deal with "modern humans" or fairies, seemingly innocous beings who like candy and are intelligent despite their appearance.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/humanity-has-declined

Maybe? Seems like a stretch.

Also, HHD is a good show people should watch.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Amstrad posted:

Maybe it is a reference to that recent boom of anime about small villages.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

A girl goes to live in a marginal village that's getting depopulated.

Aw poo poo, it's Non Non Biyori.

Or, if the girl already lives there, it's Barakamon.

Both are awesome and everyone should watch them.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

This is the second time I've heard Non Non Biyori get compared to Barakamon, which tells me I should start watching that right after I finish up the last episode of Shirobako.

edit:
Oh man, I'd been spoiling myself by reading this thread, but I still teared up during 22 and 23.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Fair warning! Barakamon and Non Non Biyori, while both slice-of-life, are way different from each other: the latter is more towards the "cute girls doing cute things" type of anime. Still very good, but don't go into it expecting another Barakamon.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 30, 2015

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

It's also very, very boring. Wonderfully, entertainingly boring.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

It's also very, very boring. Wonderfully, entertainingly boring.

I am so loving excited to be bored by the next season.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I was hoping that Barakamon would be more kids doing nothing important and was very disappointed whenever the plot showed up.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

I was hoping that Barakamon would be more kids doing nothing important and was very disappointed whenever the plot showed up.

Sucks to be you, cuz the plot owned.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Between no more Nozaki-kun and no more Shirobako I may have to give up on happy anime forever.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

nuru posted:

Between no more Nozaki-kun and no more Shirobako I may have to give up on happy anime forever.

Ore Monogatari? Kiniro Mosaic?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
there is a lot of happy anime which rules

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Now that shirobako is over im probably going to just kill my,self

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Please don't, that wasn't the message of the show at all!

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Stay alive for the change of a second season, which seems likely. You could always kill yourself after that.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Depends if the other two planned cours were cut or just condensed into what we got.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ViggyNash posted:

Stay alive for the change of a second season, which seems likely. You could always kill yourself after that.

Thank you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ViggyNash just saved my life.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Inspiring

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Motto posted:

Depends if the other two planned cours were cut or just condensed into what we got.

They were cut, somebody (probably aers but not necessarily) laid out the original plan. Every cour is a promotion.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Its pretty hard to get members of a late night anime production committee to commit to a 4-cour original anime. I can't even remember the last time this happened unless I'm forgetting something really obvious.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Is it still selling well?

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Very.

e: Not only that, it's just really popular in general, so it's not just the usual horde of otaku with a ton of disposable income to spend on expensive BDs. There was a popularity poll on niconico a few days ago I think, and Shirobako ranked no. 1.

Damegane fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Apr 2, 2015

aers
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/shirobako_anime/status/583649354293981185

Also Shirobako is selling about 40% of what UBW is selling before anyone gets any crazy ideas.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

aers posted:

https://twitter.com/shirobako_anime/status/583649354293981185

Also Shirobako is selling about 40% of what UBW is selling before anyone gets any crazy ideas.

Google translate gives me this: "SHIROBAKO25 episode also Na was interesting ( while eating a donut ) I think you want to sleep while watching a dream ."

What's the sensible translation of that tweet?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ViggyNash posted:

Google translate gives me this: "SHIROBAKO25 episode also Na was interesting ( while eating a donut ) I think you want to sleep while watching a dream ."

Makes sense to me, Viggy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ViggyNash posted:

More or less:
Shirobako episode 25 was pretty great (I watched while eating donuts). It would be a fine thing to dream about.

• Locked thread