Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Atticus Finch posted:

Thanks! I am trying to draft well despite my hatred for your dumb team that sucks.

You led me astray with your JFF prediction and now I can't trust you. :colbert:

Being a QB drafted by the browns means any speculation is null and void

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

drat, hoping Abdullah would fall to the early 3rd.

My day is pretty packed. Does somebody have an email I can send my picks choices to?

I got your back, same method I emailed you if you'd like.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

KettleWL posted:

I got your back, same method I emailed you if you'd like.

Thanks. Couldn't find "email owner" in my phone app, so I just posted my choice to the league wall. Thanks for covering!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
pick is in

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
Picked for Forever_Peace. No problem, glad to return the favor!

Warcrimes is up

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Enjoy the pick New Orleans. Very very happy with my shiny number 1b receiver

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

KettleWL posted:

Warcrimes is up

Good pick, surprised he fell below Abdullah tbh.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Goddamnit. I was hoping to nab Tevin Coleman this round.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

If I didn't get Gordon in the 1st, unless somebody crazy dropped the primary target would've been Coleman at the bottom of the 2nd

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

KettleWL posted:

Warcrimes is up

Thank you kindly!

I would have preferred Abdullah for the Jags because I like his versatility, but Coleman there is good value and his Chris Ivory style violent approach to hitting the gap should work out pretty well for a team with a decent oline.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

warcrimes posted:

You misspelling 'retard' here is pretty appropriate.

I thought he was trying to say retread which made me laugh very hard.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Rasczak posted:

If you don't get rock fuckin hard at the prospect of drafting linemen then I don't know what to tell you

I'm not sure if this is an insult or just goonlove, but I was pretty turgid that my guy was still available.

As a side note, all three guys I had targeted pre-draft, I've nabbed :toot:

Beer4theBeerGod is up

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

korrandark posted:

Players Drafted

Quarterback
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota
Brett Hundley

Runningback
Todd Gurley
Melvin Gordon
Ameer Abdullah
Tevin Coleman
Jay Ajayi

Wide Receiver
Kevin White
Amari Cooper
Dorial Green-Beckham
Jaelen Strong
Sammie Coates
Davante Parker
Phillip Dorsett
Nelson Agholor
Tyler Lockett
Breshard Perriman
Devin Funchess
Devin Smith
Chris Conley
Rashad Greene

Tight End
Maxx Williams
Clive Walford

Offensive Tackle
Brandon Schreff
La'El Collins
T.J. Clemmings
D.J Humphries
Jake Fisher
Andrus Peat
Ereck Flowers
Rob Havenstein
Cedric Ogbuehi

Offensive Guard
A.J. Cann
Laken Tomlinson
Tre Jackson
Arie Kouandjio
Ali Marpet

Offensive Center
Cameron Fleming
Reese Dismukes
Hroniss Grasu

Defensive End
Leonard Williams
Dante Fowler Jr.
Vic Beasley
Randy Gregory
Bud Dupree
Owamagbe Odighizuwa
Nate Orchard
Preston Smith
Trey Flowers
Danielle Hunter

Defensive Tackle
Danny Shelton
Malcolm Brown
Eddie Goldman
Jordan Phillips
Arik Armstead
Carl Davis
Michael Bennett
Grady Jarrett
Henry Anderson

Outside Linebacker
Shane Ray
Eli Harold
Hau'oli Kikaha

Inside Linebacker
Stephone Anthony
Shaq Thompson
Eric Kendricks
Denzel Perryman
Paul Dawson
Benardrick McKinney

Cornerback
Trae Waynes
Marcus Peters
Kevin Johnson
Jalen Collins
P.J. Williams
Ronald Darby
Eric Rowe
Quinten Rollins
Byron Jones

Safeties
Landon Collins
Anthony Harris
Damarious Randall

I made this to keep track of everyone who has been drafted. It is up to date with the 48th pick.

I think this is up to date.

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Apr 2, 2015

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Rasczak posted:

If you don't get rock fuckin hard at the prospect of drafting linemen then I don't know what to tell you

I'll trade you Kelechi Osemele for Dez Bryant straight up. Best WR for the best guard is fair.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'll trade you Kelechi Osemele for Dez Bryant straight up. Best WR for the best guard is fair.

When a top 5-10 prospect drops for dumb reasons that's a whole other thing tho

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
True. I'm not against going for the highest talent when they clearly out match the field but when very good skill position players get passed on for very good linemen and you already have very good linemen it becomes frustrating.

Then again there are times where Timmy Jernigan falls to you in the second round and you just try not to trip over yourself on the way to turn in your draft card.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
You son of a bitch, that was the one player I was holding out hope for

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Me too, man. Me too.

Speaking of which, I have no idea who to draft now. I think I'll take a pick that's a growth opportunity for later.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
And that is how you know you made the right choice.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
dang i was hoping ifo would somehow fall to me in the 4th

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

zimbomonkey posted:

Me too, man. Me too.

Speaking of which, I have no idea who to draft now. I think I'll take a pick that's a growth opportunity for later.

I was going to pick Ifo if Tre Jackson was gone, first round value and a great pick, zimbo. Again.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Metapod posted:

dang i was hoping ifo would somehow fall to me in the 4th

Yeah he was going to be my next pick.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
Back to back picks of guys who I was really, really, hoping would drop. Good picks guys.
Danielle Hunter isn't a bad consolation prize, but he doesn't completely fit the Bears' needs. Sorry I had to sleep some yall, Jrizzle is up next!

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

For some reason this morning I thought the Vikings were next.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
If the Falcons draft anything but defense or maybe ol I will not be happy.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

The Big Jesus posted:

If the Falcons draft anything but defense or maybe ol I will not be happy.

That would be dumb. You can't dedicate 100% of your picks to 1 side of the ball, especially with holes all over. Atlanta needs pass rushers (LB/DE), ILB, TE, WR, RB and OL. You cannot go into a draft locked in on one position otherwise you gently caress yourself.

e:

Not to mention they spent 7 of 9 picks last year on defense and 6 of 8 the previous year on defense. 13 defensive players drafted in the previous two years out of 17.

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Mar 30, 2015

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
How are they that bad at drafting?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Shath Hole posted:

Not to mention they spent 7 of 9 picks last year on defense and 6 of 8 the previous year on defense. 13 defensive players drafted in the previous two years out of 17.

Lmao

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

zimbomonkey posted:

How are they that bad at drafting?

Dimitroff, bruh. He would rather spend time on bicycle seats with his best dude Lance Armstrong than actually know what solid football players look like. Either that or their scouts are just gently caress off awful, but I have a feeling it's TD. Although, there have been rumors that it could have been Smith/Nolan behind those picks.

It gets worse than that as well, of the 13 players taken, really only 2 have contributed in Trufant and Alford and only 1 has really paid off in Trufant.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol if you give Nolan the right to pick players you're utterly insane.

Julio jones has to count as 5 offense picks Tho

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I'm going to start having no loving clue who anyone is anymore real soon

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Taking a risk, but from what I've read, this guy's knee is ok. I kept flipping back and forth, but I figure that if he can help with zone blocking, he and Mark Ingram will get along nicely.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Hau'oli Kikaha was listed at DE but would probably play at OLB from what I've read. He has had issues with his knees as well but at this point you're getting guys who weren't picked in the firs round for a reason. I liked this,

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/hauoli-kikaha?id=2552292

quote:

NFL.com draft profile
Strengths
Relentless. Bends the edge hard. Plays with his hand on the ground and stands up. Scheme versatile. Best fit is in 3-4. Intelligent player. Saw a streak of 14 consecutive games with a sack broken at Arizona in 2014. Excellent with his hands, possessing a variety of techniques. Was a judo champion when he was younger and a high school wrestler, so he understands hand placement and leverage. Good change of direction. Maintains low center of gravity on his rush without losing his wheels. Ability to recover and get back into a play.

Despite what it says about a 3-4 I could see Zimmer making use of him at OLB.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Good luck with Khal Drogo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I thought last night proved Roman Reigns couldn't win the big one

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

If this gets to me tonight I'm golden.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
My plans keep being blown to hell right before it gets to me. I hope my Round 4 goes better.

I really wanted Dorsett, Colemann or Ajayji in the third round. Hell I wanted Odiggy/Peat/Flowers/Clemings/Humphries in the 2nd and they all went before me.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Ok, I'm done until round five. I hope we make it to there. At this pace, we just might!

The more I watch and read about Rashad Greene, the more I hope the Saints really do get him.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

Ok, I'm done until round five. I hope we make it to there. At this pace, we just might!

The more I watch and read about Rashad Greene, the more I hope the Saints really do get him.

loving, dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Arie was a good pick. Much more refined and NFL ready than his brother was (I still can't believe Cyrus even got drafted--he had size and just about nothing else).

• Locked thread