Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Robviously posted:

I was under the impression that's why we're on Excalibur. :frogdowns:

I wish I took a screenshot of it, but one time I had someone send me a tell about what a pretty kitty I was and waited 20 minutes for me to un-afk and bowed to me. Catgirl's burden, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Belzac posted:

I know all you nerds have a super hardon for 6 but the "floating continent" was also a location in III and a much more important one in that game. Also they already had their chance to remix 6 music and instead just shoved in the original track.

6 is the best in the series and any content from it is going to make me happy. I also don't mind Terra's theme just being shoved in whole cloth. It doesn't need a remix at all.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Belzac posted:

I know all you nerds have a super hardon for 6 but the "floating continent" was also a location in III and a much more important one in that game. Also they already had their chance to remix 6 music and instead just shoved in the original track.

Belzac'd

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Belzac posted:

Also they already had their chance to remix 6 music and instead just shoved in the original track.

I found this to be incredibly disappointing.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Leal posted:

The worst part is the lack of awkward erp requests.

FTFY

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Fister Roboto posted:

Fun fact: the Japanese name for doomtrain in FF8 is Glasya Labolas.

So you've already missed your chance.

Nope. It's called the Phantom Train (One of its stations was in CM). Hope is still alive.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Iron Tusk posted:

Nope. It's called the Phantom Train (One of its stations was in CM). Hope is still alive.

monks aren't getting a suplex lb, they're going to keep final heaven. hope is dead

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Iron Tusk posted:

FF8, not FF14.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Velthice posted:

monks aren't getting a suplex lb, they're going to keep final heaven. hope is dead

Then we'll have to hope to suplex vicariously though a future Hildebrand episode.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
Or the suplex could be monk LB1/LB2.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I like that in the lead up to leviathan in the story quests even the npcs are asking why you're doing grunt work when you're supposed to be off saving the world.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

pksage posted:

Or the suplex could be monk LB1/LB2.

they're only changing lb3's

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Bauxite posted:

I like that in the lead up to leviathan in the story quests even the npcs are asking why you're doing grunt work when you're supposed to be off saving the world.

I don't always save the world; but when I do, something something Minfillia is useless.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

brokenknee posted:

I don't always save the world; but when I do, something something Minfillia is useless.

I was hoping that either minfillia was going to actually fight the sahagin that attacked her and turn out to be a black mage or something, or that she'd just get murdered and become an ascian for us to kill later on. Either way would have been great, thanks Thancred and dragon lady for stopping it.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Only have Gladiator left to finish leveling, so I figure I'll grind it down with guildhest and lldr dailies, meaning I finally get to start fishing.

It's loving glorious.

I feel like I'm playing Pokemon or something. Gotta fish everything, everywhere.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Velthice posted:

What's the deal with this, anyway? Is it just job-specific cosmetics, or is there a mechanical change coming?

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

kafziel posted:

What's the deal with this, anyway? Is it just job-specific cosmetics, or is there a mechanical change coming?
The only word they've been using is changing, but I'd be very surprised if it's anything more than cosmetic for any class that isn't bard. I suspect bards (and machinists) will get their own type of LB though, rather than continuing to have them use the healer LB.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Velthice posted:

they're also de-linking ranged from being healer lbs and just having dps/caster LBs, I think

Minera fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 28, 2015

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Minrad posted:

they're also de-linking ranged from being healer lbs and just having dps/caster LBs, I think

They've said that Bard is getting a DPS limit break. So far they've said that LB3s will be class distinct, Yoship has vaguely suggested that Black Mage might keep Meteor as their LB3, the Dragoon LB3 is going to be shown at the next Producer letter, and the Astrologian LB3 will be Celestial Stasis/Galaxy Stop and be ridiculous and heal people.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

^^^
it's not galaxy stop if it doesn't have a raid wide quote associated with it.

Bauxite posted:

I was hoping that either minfillia was going to actually fight the sahagin that attacked her and turn out to be a black mage or something, or that she'd just get murdered and become an ascian for us to kill later on. Either way would have been great, thanks Thancred and dragon lady for stopping it.

minfillia as a black mage would only make sense if she was an ffxi black mage. which is to say, loving useless.

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh
Yeah the way they've talked about astrologian makes it seem like they'll be more than cosmetic. At least to an extent

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

I've never used a limit break. I must have missed the help entry some time over the past couple months, and I never figured out how to make it happen.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

BattleCattle posted:

I've never used a limit break. I must have missed the help entry some time over the past couple months, and I never figured out how to make it happen.

You know when you're in a team in a dungeon or whatever, there's bars above the team health bar that fill gradually as stuff happens? That's the limit bar. Hit P to open the Powers window, there's a Limit Break command. Put that on a bar, activate it when one or more limit bars are full, what happens depends on how full the limit bar is and what class you are.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

kafziel posted:

You know when you're in a team in a dungeon or whatever, there's bars above the team health bar that fill gradually as stuff happens? That's the limit bar. Hit P to open the Powers window, there's a Limit Break command. Put that on a bar, activate it when one or more limit bars are full, what happens depends on how full the limit bar is and what class you are.

Oh, neat. As a healer, should I use it freely, or let the rest of the party use it for better things?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

BattleCattle posted:

Oh, neat. As a healer, should I use it freely, or let the rest of the party use it for better things?

You'll never use it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

BattleCattle posted:

Healer LB is nigh-useless.

The one exception is that if you have three full bars, it will revive everyone in addition to healing them, but Shiva EX is just about the only fight hard enough for wipes to be possible but easy enough to recover from a near-wipe like that.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

Healer LB is nigh-useless.

The one exception is that if you have three full bars, it will revive everyone in addition to healing them, but Shiva EX is just about the only fight hard enough for wipes to be possible but easy enough to recover from a near-wipe like that.

Healer LB3 is amazing.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Our T10 clear this week had a healer lb3 in it

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Astrologian should get an LB that puts regen on everyone and then freezes everything in place, and the effect wears off when everyone is at full health. While this is happening, your disc drive pops open.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

BattleCattle posted:

To expand on the previous responses, the majority of the time the LB will be used to kill things faster (sometimes this is crucial, e.g. a DPS check where you wipe if you don't kill whatever-it-is fast enough ... but often it's merely convenient and speeds things up a bit). Which means melee or caster LB. Melee get an LB which does more damage but only hits one target, while casters get an LB which hits an area but for less per-target damage.

Tanks get an LB which reduces the damage the party takes for a short time. Occasionally this is useful for wipe prevention when things get hosed up (e.g. Cloud of Darkness, Garuda Extreme), and sometimes using tank LB is part of a standard strategy (e.g. Turn 13, Ultima Hard although the latter probably doesn't need it any more). Most of the rest of the time, though, it's not going to actually save anyone.

Healers (and bards) get an LB which heals the party for a usually-unimpressive percentage of their max HP. In the case of LB3, it's a full heal, plus a revive, though it doesn't do any good for people who are dead in an unrecoverable place (such as off the platform on Titan or off the boat on Leviathan). No successfully executed standard strategy depends on healer LB, but healer LB3 can allow for recovery from a hosed-up situation in some cases. (And in other cases everyone just dies again.)

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

Astrologian should get an LB that puts regen on everyone and then freezes everything in place, and the effect wears off when everyone is at full health. While this is happening, your disc drive pops open.

:captainpop:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Vil posted:

. No successfully executed standard strategy depends on healer LB, but healer LB3 can allow for recovery from a hosed-up situation in some cases. (And in other cases everyone just dies again.)

The only time I've seen healer LB3 used is on youtube when that ifrit HM group wiped and the white mage kited ifrit until LB3 and popped it to save a wipe. The other healer promptly died again and that whm proceeded to raise them, have them die again, and solo heal the rest of it. It's an exacerbation of the main gripe healers have with the group they're in: you can't heal stupid, and some people just lust for death, and no amount of healing will stop it.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I've used heal lb3 in Titan a few times. Once, I've used it twice. Don't ask.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
One time a bard was dead during the final DPS check in Mog EX. He was invincible from being raised when Memento Moogle went off, so he LB3ed and we comfortably passed the DPS check on the second Memento Moogle.

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

One time a bard was dead during the final DPS check in Mog EX. He was invincible from being raised when Memento Moogle went off, so he LB3ed and we comfortably passed the DPS check on the second Memento Moogle.

That reminds me, I still need to clear Mog Ex. =( I've put it off for months...

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

Fister Roboto posted:

:vince:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Shiiiit, I FINALLY got the Odin FATE achievement. That was the last unique FATE achievement I needed. And now I can give my horsebird +10 Scary.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Bauxite posted:

The only time I've seen healer LB3 used is on youtube when that ifrit HM group wiped and the white mage kited ifrit until LB3 and popped it to save a wipe. The other healer promptly died again and that whm proceeded to raise them, have them die again, and solo heal the rest of it. It's an exacerbation of the main gripe healers have with the group they're in: you can't heal stupid, and some people just lust for death, and no amount of healing will stop it.

While I was working on my relics, I saved my Titan HM pub group with LB3 for both my white mage and scholar runs. Its an OK thing to have when you can't rely on people to execute well but having people with rez sickness isn't necessarily a killer if they stop screwing up.

Also seen it used a handful of times in T10 when somebody lagged out for a moment and tethers or charge hosed us up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

bonewitch posted:

Our T10 clear this week had a healer lb3 in it

{same}

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

This horse is bigger than I thought it'd be.

I've also got the itching feeling it's not quite a horse.

• Locked thread