Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008
Finally found a look better than "Mr. T in a pink vest". Behold!

Shark outfit was expensive but owns. Not sure if spending twice as much again will be worth it for the +12% fishing xp rate, but the ridiculous head and super afk fishing from first suit are very nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

Bless you Grips, I really wanted to take a dump but didn't want to poo poo on that last page anymore than I already did.

:reject:

A whole lot of :wtc:

I heard of making your kids farm gp for you, but I never thought about using your parents...

I'll finish this post with something that isn't lovely.

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008
Let's talk daily routine. Here's the run I've been doing, along with profit at current prices:
  • Wicked hood essence for nature runes, withdraw 500 fire runes. 120k.
  • Alchemist amulet. 50k.
  • 3k broad arrowheads from Maetzchna. 98k.
  • 1k fire and body runes + 20 battlestaves from Baba Yaga. 66k.
  • Sand from Bert, then 1k fire and body runes from Mage Guild. 67k.
  • Feathers from Sarim fishing shop, then 1k fire and body runes from Void Knights. 74k.
  • Taverly Jack of Trades run, 3k broad arrowheads from Jaclyn, 6 vial of water packs from Poletax. 107k.
  • Vis wax. Approx 400k on average.
  • Farming run, lantadyme and coconuts. Approx 450k on average.
  • Divine locations in Prif resource dungeon or w2 Burthorpe. Rough guess 100k on average.
  • Daily treasure hunter spins.
  • Ports. Some day this will be a moneymaker. Some day...
Comes out to around 1.5m per day, though I'm mostly selling wax and stockpiling the rest for the next dxp price spike. Any suggested additions or deletions? I'm considering potion flasks, but it takes a little while longer than I'd like for 250k and 3.5k mining xp.

joachim783
May 9, 2013

palamedes posted:

Let's talk daily routine. Here's the run I've been doing, along with profit at current prices:
  • Wicked hood essence for nature runes, withdraw 500 fire runes. 120k.
  • Alchemist amulet. 50k.
  • 3k broad arrowheads from Maetzchna. 98k.
  • 1k fire and body runes + 20 battlestaves from Baba Yaga. 66k.
  • Sand from Bert, then 1k fire and body runes from Mage Guild. 67k.
  • Feathers from Sarim fishing shop, then 1k fire and body runes from Void Knights. 74k.
  • Taverly Jack of Trades run, 3k broad arrowheads from Jaclyn, 6 vial of water packs from Poletax. 107k.
  • Vis wax. Approx 400k on average.
  • Farming run, lantadyme and coconuts. Approx 450k on average.
  • Divine locations in Prif resource dungeon or w2 Burthorpe. Rough guess 100k on average.
  • Daily treasure hunter spins.
  • Ports. Some day this will be a moneymaker. Some day...
Comes out to around 1.5m per day, though I'm mostly selling wax and stockpiling the rest for the next dxp price spike. Any suggested additions or deletions? I'm considering potion flasks, but it takes a little while longer than I'd like for 250k and 3.5k mining xp.

you can actually collect Miscellania resources daily so i'd add that if it's not too far out of the way. i think at current prices you should make about 200k a day

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

joachim783 posted:

you can actually collect Miscellania resources daily so i'd add that if it's not too far out of the way. i think at current prices you should make about 200k a day

Yeah looks like 160k a day right now. I'm letting those build up without collecting so that I can cash in on the next mahogany or herb or coal spike. Just stoppin by once a week to keep the approval topped up.

joachim783
May 9, 2013

palamedes posted:

Yeah looks like 160k a day right now. I'm letting those build up without collecting so that I can cash in on the next mahogany or herb or coal spike. Just stoppin by once a week to keep the approval topped up.

there is actually a calculator on rs wiki that tells you the most profitable options at any particular time if you're going for pure money
http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculator:Other/Miscellania

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

there's a new terror of the sea

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

dont care that its worse than a drygore this thing looks sick

also done livid and a rise of the six kill! just need 4 dungeoneering levels for the hyper nerd cape

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I'm contemplating buying keys to get at least one full shark outfit. I don't care about things requiring keys to get but it's really stupid that you only get five days to hopefully luck your way into getting the dumb thing. Wish it was a Solomon store outfit instead, who gives a poo poo about +12% xp :geno:

joachim783
May 9, 2013
A dev blog about the new client that was recently posted on the forum:

The New Game Client - how it all started, past, present and future...

It’s been a year and a half since the beta release of the HTML5 RuneScape 3 client. As we mentioned at RuneFest, we've since begun work on another brand new game client, and you may be wondering why we’re trying this again.

We knew from the start that the HTML5 client was experimental, and as we came to the optimisation phase it became clear that it wasn¹t going to be good enough, due to fundamental constraints with the platform (Javascript and the web browsers). In terms of performance, it would never be good enough to replace the Java client.

After much deliberation, we all agreed that the weaknesses of the HTML client couldn’t be worked around, and that the RuneScape community (and developers too) deserved something really awesome in its stead. This could only mean one thing: we decided to take everything we’d learned from our first attempt, and start afresh.

A unanimous decision was made to begin work on a brand-new, cross-platform, C++ RuneScape client. The back-end code (rendering, audio, networking, build systems, etc.) would be written from scratch, but for the client code itself we would port the HTML5 code base to C++. This way, we made the most of the work we’d already done, while focusing on fixing the bits that just didn’t work.

Now, you may wonder why we need to create a new client at all – why not just stick with the technology that’s served RuneScape so far?

Firstly, the Java language is no longer fit for purpose as a modern game client solution. Even major browsers are going to stop supporting it soon, starting with Chrome, and with Firefox following suit soon after.

Secondly - and most importantly - both Java and Javascript have no real scope for performance-critical software and graphics rendering. C++, on the other hand, gives us total control over performance and rendering. It means that we'll be able to provide even better visuals than you currently enjoy, with better performance to boot.

Sounds too good to be true? Actually it isn't, and our progress so far gives us confidence we can meet these goals. Adding to that, C++ is the best cross-platform language and gives us more scope for getting RS working on non-Windows platforms with the best possible performance (e.g. Linux, OSX, more web browsers), etc.

The bottom line... the existing client software doesn’t do justice to what RuneScape can be and has significant drawbacks which are getting worse over time. We have to adapt, and this is the best way forward!

Today, things are shaping up nicely. We're nearly finished implementing the core client features, with visuals and performance already better than the Java client. To whet your appetites, here's a brief summary of what the new client aims to deliver:

● Better performance over existing Java client
● Better visual than HTML5 RS3 client
● More platform and OS support (Windows XP/7/8, OSX, Linux, web browser)
● Improved loading speed
● Improved draw distances over Java
● Improved graphics:
- Global illumination lighting (irradiance via spherical harmonics and ambient occlusion)
- Atmospheric light scattering
- Cascaded shadow maps (highly detailed sun shadows over larger distances)
- Improved post-processing
- Improved reflections
- Gamma correct and HDR rendering pipeline

The list goes on, but I'll save details for future blog posts that will aim to satisfy the more technical among you, and hopefully answer your questions.

We're going to make every effort possible to give you a better RS experience, without losing certain features of the Java client that some of you have grown to love. Ultimately, we have to do what’s best for RuneScape - all we ask is that you keep an open mind, and trust us. You won't be disappointed.

Mod Lordgit
Lead Graphics Programmer

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?198,199,113,65596566

http://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/30hg9l/old_vs_new_current_client_vs_nxt_client/

http://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/30hbkx/new_runescape_client_developer_blogs/

joachim783 fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Mar 28, 2015

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

The mod replies to the questions on Reddit/official forums are quite interesting regarding the NXT client. I wasn't aware that browsers were planning to depreciate Java.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Huge increases in draw distance should probably be accompanied by redoing the world map, at least partially to move landmasses away from each other. You shouldn't be seeing islands from the mainland if you have to take a boat to reach them.

There are balance concerns but the world doesn't feel very large and the entire map could do with something of a rework. There's just not a lot of space even in the member's areas. The free area of the map is a complete and utter joke, especially around Lumbridge, where you can't take ten steps in a row without running into a forgotten event set piece of some kind.

Increasing the draw distance is only going to make it more obvious that some of these cities aren't even a full city block away from each other.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Desuwa posted:

Huge increases in draw distance should probably be accompanied by redoing the world map, at least partially to move landmasses away from each other. You shouldn't be seeing islands from the mainland if you have to take a boat to reach them.

There are balance concerns but the world doesn't feel very large and the entire map could do with something of a rework. There's just not a lot of space even in the member's areas. The free area of the map is a complete and utter joke, especially around Lumbridge, where you can't take ten steps in a row without running into a forgotten event set piece of some kind.

Increasing the draw distance is only going to make it more obvious that some of these cities aren't even a full city block away from each other.

That's been talked about/suggested a lot and jagex has basically said too much effort for little to no payoff so it wont be happening.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Wow. I thought they would be forced out of using their java-based platform a hell of a lot sooner than this.

Well, good for them I guess. Those working on the game wont feel like they had both hands behind their backs as much.

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

New client sounds pretty awesome.

Spotted this Ironman while doing my Seren Stones daily.

:stare:

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
Hey guys, just fired up runescape again after many, many years of absence to see if ill take to it. Tried to app to Goonscape like the OP says but i have to go through runescape forums now? Also couldnt find any goonscape forum post so im just wondering how to join you guys :)

e: my name is WLBonerhitlr

double e: im dumb and cant click well apparently! i found out how to join the goonscape chat

Han Solomon fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Mar 28, 2015

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
All I care about is that it maintains the same easily resizable nature as the default client.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
It's going to look so much more drab, though. I'm not sure I like that.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Redeye Flight posted:

It's going to look so much more drab, though. I'm not sure I like that.

For my money, the close-in fog on normal Runescape looks a lot more drab, and annoying.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

ButteCysts posted:

e: my name is WLBonerhitlr

This name owns. You own.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

joachim783 posted:

No need to keep checking it every day as long as you have enough money in the coffers, you don't gain anything extra and you just spend more time doing upkeep, travelling and sorting out your loot. I just check mine once a week and top the coffers up to 1.2m which is the minimum you need for 7 days of letting it run. When you do the quest to reduce the amount of work to raise approval you only have to cut a maple tree once or twice for the whole week.

also

:laffo:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
10 surveys, a couple free trials, and a few dailies later

:pervert:

edit: I also have tiger legs from today, if anyone needs them I'll trade them for whatever you don't need.

e2: :stare:

How Rude fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 29, 2015

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Edit: nvm

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

How Rude posted:

10 surveys, a couple free trials, and a few dailies later

:pervert:

edit: I also have tiger legs from today, if anyone needs them I'll trade them for whatever you don't need.

e2: :stare:

Please turn these into gifs with the camera spinning as the emote is done.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Themata posted:

Please turn these into gifs with the camera spinning as the emote is done.

what's the best way to make gifs, because i have never once recorded something or made a gif

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

How Rude posted:

what's the best way to make gifs, because i have never once recorded something or made a gif

Screen to Gif? I haven't tried it yet but it looks like it'd make it super easy. New SA avatars with shark butt + bunny tail troubadour dancing??

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Themata posted:

Screen to Gif? I haven't tried it yet but it looks like it'd make it super easy. New SA avatars with shark butt + bunny tail troubadour dancing??

the 2nd picture was actually in the middle of a bunny hop, though it does look like part of the troubadour dance emote :haw:

I'll try it out and make some sexy shark gifs :wink:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
my first attempt, apparently it was too big and had to be converted to a different format or something

http://i.imgur.com/7CThyTq.gif

it's really lovely and has textboxes, my chatbox, and my cursor in the shot though

e: linked for huge

How Rude fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 29, 2015

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
Zoned out and got 30 fishing and cooking after a few hours and now i wake up and want to play more i think im hooked

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Here's a shorter smaller one that works less terribly, though it isn't very interesting :pwn:

e: showing off some shark bootie to the local ladies :pervert:

http://i.imgur.com/DxMwZnd.gif

That's all I feel like doing for now, this thing works pretty well. If the GIFS are annoying let me know and i'll link them instead.

e: linked for huge

How Rude fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Mar 29, 2015

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED

How Rude posted:

Here's a shorter smaller one that works less terribly, though it isn't very interesting :pwn:

i dunno man im getting pretty aroused over here

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

How Rude posted:

That's all I feel like doing for now, this thing works pretty well. If the GIFS are annoying let me know and i'll link them instead.

Don't you dare loving stop.

Clustard
Sep 30, 2012

How Rude posted:

Holy poo poo ahaha this owns.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
The gifs are amazing but you need to see if that program has a way to reduce the framerate. I opened them to edit and holy poo poo, 125 - 240 frames each :stonk: So if you can't get the framerate lower, I'd recommend linking since the first one alone is 21 MB.

However, I took all three and made avatarable gifs:

Sharkspin!

Twerk Work

Boogie To That Shark Bootie

joachim783
May 9, 2013
if you want to make longer higher quality GIFs use https://gfycat.com/ it has no file size limits and it lets you pause, rewind, fast forward or step frame by frame. it also loads about 8x faster because it's in HTML5 video rather than Gif format

http://gfycat.com/about

joachim783 fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Mar 29, 2015

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

How Rude posted:

the best posts

Jagex oughta be paying you because those gifs are the best ads for buying keys I have ever seen.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

palamedes posted:

Jagex oughta be paying you because those gifs are the best ads for buying keys I have ever seen.

This is very true because it makes me want to buy keys

:aaaaa:

e:

Come play Runescape, my lord.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Mar 29, 2015

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Themata posted:

Twerk Work

Boogie To That Shark Bootie

Somebody buy me one of these. I'll pay with two bonds on RS3, just post your name in the thread.

Clustard
Sep 30, 2012
Got my burnt shark outfit! Thanks Troutrageous!

If anyone needs a shark head, body, hands, feet or tiger shark head, legs, and feet to complete your set, just let me know~

Clustard fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Mar 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Twerk while you eat

https://gfycat.com/SevereBriefFluke

e:

How Rude fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 29, 2015