Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Series DD Funding posted:

You can't buy charisma. See also: Willard "Mitt" Romney.

It's not even charisma, it's presence. The only person more forgettable than Pawlenty is Portman. A man so forgettable I had to double check to make sure I had the right name. If it wasn't for his gay son I'd never remember him. Unfortunately for Pawlenty, he doesn't have a gay son or anything to get me to remember him. Pawlenty's so boring Mitt loving Romney found him boring. Any world where one fears Pawlentymentum is a world devoid of color, sharp edges, and any food stuffs more zesty than mayonnaise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Pawlenty got clowned on by Romney after pussing out at the debates. You can't come back from that.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Rand Paul needs to turn in his Libertarian card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV_kt9PRNKE

Foo
May 16, 2003
Professional Sponge

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Rand Paul needs to turn in his Libertarian card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV_kt9PRNKE

Another Great Awakening? Please, no. We're already in the midst of one. And it's horrible.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Tobermory posted:

Paul's actually polling third in NH according to the latest poll. Cruz is in fifth, but that's still a joke because #4 is Donald Trump. Perry's currently polling even with Bobby Jindal.

This was way more entertaining than I expected it to be. Fantastic that National security is not only the most important, but also second most important. That said, surprised that pro choice and pro marriage equality won out (albeit barely).

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Tobermory posted:

Paul's actually polling third in NH according to the latest poll.

Not even the primary voters give a poo poo about Benghazi.

I also like how none of the Republican voters care much about healthcare, taxes, gay marriage, or abortion, but I guess that's a regional thing.

SNAKES N CAKES fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Mar 29, 2015

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Let's not forget Mike "discriminate against gays" Pence is a another potential governor for 2016 candidate

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/indiana-religious-freedom-bill-rile-2016-race/story?id=29960724

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Rick Santorum visited Fort Campbell today to sign copies of his new book Bella's Gift.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Joementum posted:

Rick Santorum visited Fort Campbell today to sign copies of his new book Bella's Gift.

In the next GI bill, can we put some funding in there to open up some halfway decent restaurants on military bases? I mean cmon, loving Burger King?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

santorum is p. tall

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Eagle Scout is a pretty solid thing to achieve. Doesn't make you fit to be president, by itself.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

SirPablo posted:

Eagle Scout is a pretty solid thing to achieve. Doesn't make you fit to be president, by itself.

Eagle Scout can mean you have parents prodding you hard enough to do it, nothing more. I was one of half a dozen Eagle Scouts my troop produced. One developed severe drinking problems as an undergrad, one got married at 19 and was arrested two years later for domestic abuse, and none of the rest of us have accomplished anything important. The only hard part about hitting Eagle Scout is bothering to spend the time and effort on it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

notthegoatseguy posted:

In the next GI bill, can we put some funding in there to open up some halfway decent restaurants on military bases? I mean cmon, loving Burger King?

Sorry, that's the free market at work. Just your normal food court in the Exchange/Commissary complex. There's almost certainly a barber shop and a jewelery store just to the left/right of that food court.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
So did Ted Cruz have any non-Obamacare options open to him or was it literally "Obamacare" or "leave your family without health insurance."

Because if it was just that he could have gotten some form of health insurance but would have had to pay more, then hahaha holy poo poo Ted Cruz took away the one thing that was significant about him: that he loving walks the walk in addition to talking the talk.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

So did Ted Cruz have any non-Obamacare options open to him or was it literally "Obamacare" or "leave your family without health insurance."

Because if it was just that he could have gotten some form of health insurance but would have had to pay more, then hahaha holy poo poo Ted Cruz took away the one thing that was significant about him: that he loving walks the walk in addition to talking the talk.

What do you think "Obamacare" is?

Cruz makes too much money to be eligible for subsidies, and Congress doesn't have an employer provided plan, so, for him, "Obamacare" is just "you have to buy health insurance" and "there are exchanges available on which you can do comparison shopping and the plans on the exchange meet certain minimum standards". He's just following the law.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

No he's not following the law, because I learned from Ted Cruz that congress is exempt from Obamacare.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Pinterest Mom posted:

What do you think "Obamacare" is?

Cruz makes too much money to be eligible for subsidies, and Congress doesn't have an employer provided plan, so, for him, "Obamacare" is just "you have to buy health insurance" and "there are exchanges available on which you can do comparison shopping and the plans on the exchange meet certain minimum standards". He's just following the law.

Congress gets subsidies to cover their plans because Grassley either hedged his bets on his amendment or wasn't going to give that poo poo up no matter what bluffs were called. Cruz apparently has said he will not take the available subsidies.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Cruz's people also put out a statement that the PPACA "eliminated" the market for individual coverage (which is, of course, a massive lie) and that's why he was "forced" to buy from the exchange.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Joementum posted:

"You guys are all excited that you will go to Tehran in about two years, right? Been told it's a lovely city, for being Satan's breeding ground. And remember, we need to christianize enough of them to make sure that they will be our allies in our fight against the asian heathens over the next decades. We need to think long term here, it's the only way the fight against the Devil will be won. "

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
cc: Harry Potter

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
*may not be Certifiable Huckabee

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
O'Malley was on This Week and all but announced his candidacy. He's definitely pushing hard on the populist track and is a rather good interviewee.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sunday-week-maryland-gov-martin-omalley/story?id=29953468&source=thisweek

Should be a VOD in there somewhere.

Joementum posted:

Meet The Press was clowning on Huck this morning for his FEMA Food Bucket conspiracy emails.

edit

"I think O'Malley has a real chance against Hillary Clinton!" Bill Kristol

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 29, 2015

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

quote:

Former Hewlett-Packard Co. CEO Carly Fiorina told Fox News Sunday that there is a "higher than 90 percent chance" that she will run for president in 2016. While not entirely surprising given her recent itinerary of speeches and appearances in early primary states, the news all but confirms that Hillary Clinton will not be the only woman to seek the highest office in the land in the coming year.

“We need to make sure we have the right time in place, that we have the right support, that we have the right financial resources lined up, just as all the other candidates have done,” Fiorina said.

Fiorina said she expects to announce her decision on whether to run for president in late April or early May.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-03-29/the-chances-of-carly-fiorina-running-are-higher-than-90-percent-

Primaries are gonna be great.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

This morning on CNN's State of the Union Ted Cruz was asked repeatedly, "you're definitely someone no one likes in Congress. If you become President, you'll have to compromise with Democrats on things. Can you give me an example of things you've compromised on?"

He repeatedly brought up legislation barring terrorists from entering the US, rewards for catching terrorists, etc, things that passed the senate 100-0, before finally admitting he'd only had those two things passed in his entire time in Congress. Then said "those two things are more than almost any other Republican."

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Sir Tonk posted:

O'Malley was on This Week and all but announced his candidacy. He's definitely pushing hard on the populist track and is a rather good interviewee.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sunday-week-maryland-gov-martin-omalley/story?id=29953468&source=thisweek

Should be a VOD in there somewhere.

Here is the interview link.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Getting only two laws isn't all that bad. Its certainly not good but keep in mind that getting two bills passed into law a year in the house is really, exceptionally good- most people get one or none. Since there's 4 times fewer people in the senate you can say thats an average of four successful laws a year or 12 for the three years he's had so far. Its bad but its not abysmal.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Joementum posted:

Ah, the right's attack on Obama because he won't use the term "radical Islam.".

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Cliff Racer posted:

Getting only two laws isn't all that bad. Its certainly not good but keep in mind that getting two bills passed into law a year in the house is really, exceptionally good- most people get one or none. Since there's 4 times fewer people in the senate you can say thats an average of four successful laws a year or 12 for the three years he's had so far. Its bad but its not abysmal.

That makes sense, but literally his only two are:
1. not letting a known terrorist come to the US as a diplomat
2. agreeing to pay a cash reward for information leading to the capture of the guys who kidnapped/killed those Israeli college students a couple years ago.

Not exactly going out on a limb for your conservative principles.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Primaries are gonna be great.

Let's hope she uses some version of the slogan, "I'll run America like I ran HP!" Then we can say together:

:regd08:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Cruz has had two of his bills pass the Senate, S. 2195 which bars the Iranian Ambassador from entering the US, and S. 2577 which sought to offer a $5m reward for information on the kidnapping and murder of Naftali Fraenkel. Only S. 2195 became law. S. 2577 was not taken up by the House.

He has introduced 44 bills in his time in the Senate, including this S. 177 the ObamaCare Repeal Act, S. 336 the ObamaCare Repeal Act, S. 339 the ObamaCare Repeal Act, S. 647 the Healthcare Choice Act of 2015, and S. 1292 the Defund ObamaCare Act of 2013. That's not counting his 79 introduced amendments, only two of which (both technical amendments to S. 2195) were adopted.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

William Bear posted:

Let's hope she uses some version of the slogan, "I'll run America like I ran HP!" Then we can say together:

:regd08:

iPods branded with the presidential seal!

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

What is "Obama" for $3 billion, Alex?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Joementum posted:

Cruz has had two of his bills pass the Senate, S. 2195 which bars the Iranian Ambassador from entering the US, and S. 2577 which sought to offer a $5m reward for information on the kidnapping and murder of Naftali Fraenkel. Only S. 2195 became law. S. 2577 was not taken up by the House.

He has introduced 44 bills in his time in the Senate, including this S. 177 the ObamaCare Repeal Act, S. 336 the ObamaCare Repeal Act, S. 339 the ObamaCare Repeal Act, S. 647 the Healthcare Choice Act of 2015, and S. 1292 the Defund ObamaCare Act of 2013. That's not counting his 79 introduced amendments, only two of which (both technical amendments to S. 2195) were adopted.

Seems to me that most Republicans, hell, most people in general, would see that as a good thing. In the sense that "at least he's actually working, unlike those other idiots in congress! :argh:"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ted Cruz spoke at Young Americans for Freedom conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaIJYVjfw2M

His Reagan impression is spot on

Talks about True Blood

He had lunch at the Reagan Ranch on his wedding

Compared Reagan to Ron Paul :wtf:

Quoting Jimmy Kimmel

Paula Poundstone reference :wtf:

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 29, 2015

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

So is there a legal place to bet on the presidential election this season? Just curious, I guess.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Shageletic posted:

So is there a legal place to bet on the presidential election this season? Just curious, I guess.

You'll be able to bet $10 here soon enough

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

EDIT: ^^^^ A little harsh?

I just answered my own question. Guess I'm being a dumbass today.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Shageletic posted:

EDIT: ^^^^ A little harsh?

I just answered my own question. Guess I'm being a dumbass today.

How was that harsh? we always have the ban threads. Post there and gamble your subscription. And didn't Arkane bet and lose a bunch of cash in 2012?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Haha, I thought you meant that I would be banned for talking about gambling. Continuing to be a dumbass.

Arkane used Intrade, I think, which was dismantled. All in all, it's just too much risk for too little reward, at least to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pong Daddy
Oct 12, 2012
I don't know about legitimate sites, but when I was looking I found this site.

Which lets you bet on Schwarzenegger winning the nomination

• Locked thread