Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

Jeez. Looks like budget cuts made their mark. Doesn't look as huge as past years.

http://imgur.com/CzvodaI

I'm sure it's not, but this makes it look like it's an elevated ramp all the way to the ring ala Japan and older WCW which is basically my favorite thing ever.

Not excited enough to watch Mania live this year after going to the previous three in person. Gonna go see Big in a theater instead and catch up afterward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!
So I learned the Bella Twins are going to be at the Minneapolis Comic Con (and a local radio station will be offering tickets at half price next weekend). How much cred do you think I would get from getting my picture taken with them?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Ribsauce posted:

On Cheap Heat they asked Stardust about his wife and he said

"I'm not married myself, but I am having an affair with Cody Rhodes' wife"

Stardust is a loving delight. The Mevlar Man~

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

At least Larry acknowledged it. "I had a direction I was going here but lost my train of thought. Hedges."

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Luigi Thirty posted:

This was posted at the security desk at the Hall of Fame

That's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Bret really didn't want to do the bushwacker arm thing.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

TEGGS posted:

So I learned the Bella Twins are going to be at the Minneapolis Comic Con (and a local radio station will be offering tickets at half price next weekend). How much cred do you think I would get from getting my picture taken with them?

http://shop.wwe.com/Brie-Bella-Ponytail-Baseball-Cap/W08162,default,pd.html

Buy this and get your picture taken with the Bella Twins.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Chokes McGee posted:

"Do not let this man anywhere on or near the premises. Be warned, he's armed with a pipe. Make sure no one touches it."

"If he approaches, please use the emergency duck in the cabinet to keep him at bay."

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

DeathChicken posted:

At least Larry acknowledged it. "I had a direction I was going here but lost my train of thought. Hedges."

I thought it was really touching how he was speaking from the heart and was quite clearly overwhelmed. One of my favorite speeches of the night honestly.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

I do wish Natalya was going to be there. Would make wearing my Interspecies Wrestling hoodie topical!

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I'm really sad that Wrestlemania Theme Music came up a page or two ago and nobody posted this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgFyi74DVjc

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Luigi Thirty posted:

Scott Steiner is really loving cool

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Luigi Thirty posted:

Holla if ya see him.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

zakharov posted:

Real talk: if it had rained than or at 29 would they have called a delay?

It actually did rain a little during the 29. Not really hard though, and it ended pretty early.

ryden
Oct 9, 2011

ACAB

TEGGS posted:

Which station? I wouldn't mind checking it out, especially for half price!

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Uncle Ulty posted:

I'm really sad that Wrestlemania Theme Music came up a page or two ago and nobody posted this.

I remember that song more for being utterly obnoxious for a few years of MLB playoffs.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Squall posted:

I remember that song more for being utterly obnoxious for a few years of MLB playoffs.

I used to like that song, now it just reminds me of the Rangers losing the '11 World Series in the biggest dick punch manner possible :suicide:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Fsmhunk posted:

Bret really didn't want to do the bushwacker arm thing.

Seemed like it could have been more of a physical limitation.

someusername
Jan 26, 2015

TEGGS posted:

The answer is 42 creds.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Uncle Ulty posted:

Probably the best mania theme they've had tbh

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Dave is saying WWE is going to announce a huge WWE Network number tomorrow, but they could be bullshitting.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

MassRafTer legit one of the things I'm looking forward to tonight is you railing on sting on your Twitter for getting a tepid reaction and /or looking bad. Please do not let me down :)

You might be let down because I'm not sure I am going to bother ordering and I expect the match to be good.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Akileese posted:

Dave is saying WWE is going to announce a huge WWE Network number tomorrow, but they could be bullshitting.

bullshitting as in it's a fake number, or bullshitting about announcing that they're going to announce a huge number?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alain Post posted:

bullshitting as in it's a fake number, or bullshitting about announcing that they're going to announce a huge number?

His terminology was that it is expected to be big.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Akileese posted:

Also a new slate of shows

Including the return of the diva search

PWInsider posted:

Tomorrow, beyond just their updated subscriber numbers, WWE will announce their plans for eight new series that will broadcast exclusively on the WWE Network.
According to Variety, one of those series will be the returning "WWE Diva Search", bringing back the concept that launched the careers of Christy Hemme, Layla, Michelle McCool, Maria Kanellis and more.

Another of the series will be an animated series being produced by Seth Green, the actor and Producer who is also one of the minds behind "Robot Chicken."

Chris Jericho has also been teasing an announcement for tomorrow, so it's possible one of those new series are related to Jericho.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
New Diva Search could be either very good or very bad depending on what they want from a Diva this time around.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

His terminology was that it is expected to be big.

Yeah sorry. I was up all night watching the Cricket World Cup and I'm not entirely functional yet. My point wasn't that Dave was bullshitting, it's more that WWE is bullshitting about how big the number is. Is it big compared to where they are right now, or is it more in line with where they were hoping to be initially.

My only real problem with the network right now is the lack of Raws from 97-99. There's like, 20 total from those three years. If they actually had those years on there, I'd be way more likely to never let my account lapse since there are so many memorable shows from those years. I imagine the lack of availability has to do with the raunchy/vulgar/violent content from those times but I could be wrong.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
As awful and outdated the Diva's search is and was even back in 2004 at least it keeps Kevin Dunn preoccupied masturbating in the production truck.

Edit:

Tatum Girlparts posted:

New Diva Search could be either very good or very bad depending on what they want from a Diva this time around.

Kevin Dunn is the mind behind Diva's search. So... ya know.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Watching the HOF. Kinda bummed Rusev didn't rush the stage during the Alundra Blayze speech.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

Also a new slate of shows

Including the return of the diva search

Please be WWE Robot Chicken

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Tatum Girlparts posted:

it will be very bad

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm mainly hoping that WWE decide to drop 1997 Nitro as a big announcement, because I've always wanted to do 1997 WCW again.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Akileese posted:

My only real problem with the network right now is the lack of Raws from 97-99. There's like, 20 total from those three years. If they actually had those years on there, I'd be way more likely to never let my account lapse since there are so many memorable shows from those years. I imagine the lack of availability has to do with the raunchy/vulgar/violent content from those times but I could be wrong.

They've been regularly adding them from the beginning, and are up to the end of 1996. They did seem to slow down adding them in the last few months though. I'm hoping it's because there's going to be a big thing for the next "season" of the Network, but maybe they think it's not worth the effort. (by 1997 I think they're out of the zone where they'd have to look for licensed music, though)

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Oh my god that derpy Warrior statue is the best thing ever.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I want Blackman's Bounties, god drat it.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Tatum Girlparts posted:

They want to find some TIIIIIIIITSSS

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Writer Cath posted:

Seemed like it could have been more of a physical limitation.

I never thought of that :(

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
I'm just hoping the Seth Green project is going to cost WWE a huge sum of money so that Vince won't just spike the while thing before airing it.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I'd imagine Seth being a fan means that he's probably doing it for relatively cheap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If the Warrior were still around, would he have been able to tear down the cockpit doors of that doomed German airplane? What a difference a year makes. The power....of the warrior......:smith:

• Locked thread