Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I seem to have problems grinding purple items from the Golden Chest. Is that where these came from?

Nope. All three were grinded up from white class mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
I keep seeing talk about BL2 and BLTPS having day one updates for Xbox One, and I haven't been asked to download them yet. Is there a way to force an update or am I going to have to redownload each game? I'd like to get the Claptrap DLC installed before starting TPS and I'm getting a DLC missing message when I load up BL2 saves I've imported from 360.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Knormal posted:

Claptrap DLC endboss spoilers: What the hell is up with EOS? I'm at level 60 with Gibbed-gotten top-of the line guns, the boss is level 52, I spent half an hour chipping him down to around half-health before getting sick of it and quitting. I don't see how you're supposed to do this with legitimate drops. From some quick Googling it doesn't look like I'm missing any tricks or anything. Do I just suck, or do they need to patch this guy way down?

In his first phase, the head is the weak spot. In EOS phase, his weak point is his eye, but only after it opens up to fire at you.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Jesus that fight is unfun. Can't get the second form down more than half health before I get screwed. It's long and tedious.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I liked when it jumped on top of me, blocking me from being able to target anything to second wind off of. That was fun.

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
In grinding my face against that guy alone, I have found more legendaries (two) than I have in any other legitimate individual run of BL2. They're both the same legendary, too - a Luck Cannon, which is a Jakobs revolver that hits like a vengeful god but only has one bullet in its clip. It is the only weapon that consistently has a noticeable effect on this guys health.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Meanwhile, I am stuck at this big wall Shadowtrap went through.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
You guys are making this DLC sound so appealing! Is it worth my time (already downloaded it) or should I just continue Tales from the Borderlands?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Do people have problems quickly emptying out Jakobs guns w/ a controller? I gave BL2 a console test run on the ps3 today, and multiple times the gun stopped firing mid "magazine" when quickly feathering the trigger. I consciously made sure to pull the trigger to the end the third time this happened to make sure it wasn't my fault, but it still choked. (To be clear, this did not occur ever time I fast fired).

This was with a dual shock 4 btw, so maybe that's related? I haven't had problems w/ the controller before, however.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

That's a new one :(

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

The_Final_Stand posted:

In grinding my face against that guy alone, I have found more legendaries (two) than I have in any other legitimate individual run of BL2. They're both the same legendary, too - a Luck Cannon, which is a Jakobs revolver that hits like a vengeful god but only has one bullet in its clip. It is the only weapon that consistently has a noticeable effect on this guys health.

Yeah, I got the Two Fer Luck Cannon with Nisha, who basically breaks the game at-level with it. Wielding two under Showdown allows her to avoid wasting any time reloading after missed shots, and triggers a lot of her Fan the Hammer and Riflewoman skills by default. The end boss is about the only thing that's withstood it so far.

Honestly, I've enjoyed the DLC for the most part, it probably holds its own with the better pieces of DLC for the previous two games. It's not fantastic - it could use more missions that aren't just "go place, hit a button or shoot a thing" or having a little more illusion of nonlinearity, but overall it felt fine. (But then again, there's the end boss, too.)

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Rinkles posted:

Do people have problems quickly emptying out Jakobs guns w/ a controller? I gave BL2 a console test run on the ps3 today, and multiple times the gun stopped firing mid "magazine" when quickly feathering the trigger. I consciously made sure to pull the trigger to the end the third time this happened to make sure it wasn't my fault, but it still choked. (To be clear, this did not occur ever time I fast fired).

This was with a dual shock 4 btw, so maybe that's related? I haven't had problems w/ the controller before, however.

Does this only happen with Jakobs guns? Are you just repeatedly hitting the trigger and after a certain point it stops responding?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Pope Guilty posted:

Does this only happen with Jakobs guns? Are you just repeatedly hitting the trigger and after a certain point it stops responding?

Well it's easiest to tell with Jakobs guns because of their unlimited fire rate. The game acts as if it stops registering trigger pulls after a few mashes.

This was with R2. Changing FIRE back to R1 it starts working fine (and is obviously inherently easier to mash), but I'd prefer to use R2.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Rinkles posted:

Well it's easiest to tell with Jakobs guns because of their unlimited fire rate. The game acts as if it stops registering trigger pulls after a few mashes.

This was with R2. Changing FIRE back to R1 it starts working fine (and is obviously inherently easier to mash), but I'd prefer to use R2.

Do you have similar issues with rapidly pulling R2 for other uses? Does this occur in other games?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Pope Guilty posted:

Do you have similar issues with rapidly pulling R2 for other uses? Does this occur in other games?

No, but, tbf nothing will get you tapping triggers as fast as a Jakobs revolver.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
All you guys having problems with the seecond phase of that boss fight, how much trouble did the first phase give you? RoboJoe and I hit it last night like a goddamn brick wall. It would not stop firing those instadeath homing missiles, so we just kept dying over and over with no chance to realaly deal damage. It's not like it had all that much health, I could have put it down in a minute or two on my own with Aurelia, if I was given the chance to hang back and wail on his critical spots like I normally do. But standing still was essentially instant death. He got a health reset a whole bunch of times because we both died until we got lucky and he focused on joe for a minute and I could unload on him til he was mostly dead. Then I ran out of sniper ammo :suicide:

2nd phasse had a ton more health but was nowhere near as lethal.

Overall, good DLC but goddamn why are gearbox so bad at bossfights :(

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I made it the second time through. With Nisha I could just spend time running and boosting out of the way of attacks and then opening up on it whenever Showdown activated. Thanks to her Celestial Lawbringer class mod, she almost always regens up to full with a Showdown, so could recover with either that or the Cheat Code SMG to pull a second wind. It just took forever, I ran out of pistol ammo a few times (even using those one-shot pistols, which are remarkably ammo-efficient) because the end boss is such a bullet sponge, even with nailing the weak point. :/

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Discovery: Wilhelm's Incineration Cannon takes on the properties of a Glitch weapon.

You haven't lived until you've fired shotgun incendiary blasts, or rapid fire, for that matter.

Also, a Dahl Glitch weapon with Loop active becomes a horrifying death ray when you scope in.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I'm starting afresh on the PS4, since my old PS3 died taking my BL2 savefile with it, I never played the Pre-Sequel and I can honestly say I'm finding it tougher than BL2, rear end in a top hat Bandits space butt stomping me is annoying and holy god are Bandits armed with lasers the worst thing ever.

PS4 PSN is JudgeTesla and I do have a mic, I'm currently using Captain America (Athena) on the Pre-Sequel and Gaige over on 2, for now.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Are the glitch weapons the pink ones? I've found a couple of those, but they don't seem any better than the greens and blues I was using.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Judge Tesla posted:

I'm starting afresh on the PS4, since my old PS3 died taking my BL2 savefile with it, I never played the Pre-Sequel and I can honestly say I'm finding it tougher than BL2, rear end in a top hat Bandits space butt stomping me is annoying and holy god are Bandits armed with lasers the worst thing ever.

PS4 PSN is JudgeTesla and I do have a mic, I'm currently using Captain America (Athena) on the Pre-Sequel and Gaige over on 2, for now.

Use your action skill whatever it's up and buttslam early and often! Also if you're in a place with both air and vacuum, remember that you can duck into vacuum to extinguish a fire.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

smashpro1 posted:

Are the glitch weapons the pink ones? I've found a couple of those, but they don't seem any better than the greens and blues I was using.

They randomly gain an effect when you reload which makes them kinda powerful in certain situations. Or just wastes a bunch of ammo. Joe found a glitched cryo bandit shotgun which owned bones last night though.

Speaking of glitched weapons anyone know what the Cheat Code SMG's effect actually is? Seems just like a Bitch/Fatale to me.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

AirRaid posted:

Speaking of glitched weapons anyone know what the Cheat Code SMG's effect actually is? Seems just like a Bitch/Fatale to me.

It fires multiple bullets per round when you're in fight for your life, making it easier to Second Wind.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Is there a PC interface for imputing console shift codes? Copy/pasting makes things go a little quicker.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I've given up on the stupid EOS. I'm gonna go level up in UVHM and come back to kick his rear end with some higher level gear :arghfist: :saddowns:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Is there a PC interface for imputing console shift codes? Copy/pasting makes things go a little quicker.

Smartglass (TM)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I haven't done much loot grinding before and would like to keep it that way (I went through Doc Mercy 20+ times before swearing it off - back on my steam save). So it was nice for Savage Lee to drop an Unkempt Harold on the third try, just as I was about to move on.

It was probably my favorite gun from my previous runs.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Chasiubao posted:

Smartglass (TM)

Playstation. I'll have to see if they have an equivalent implantation. (Not on the ps3, for sure, though).

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

It was mostly sarcastic :)

But actually it's not awful. I have a Windows tablet, so I have Smartglass on the 2/3 partition, and Twitter or whatever that has the code in the smaller partition. Then I just need to tap the A button to get the window to type, then I type using the tablet's OSK.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Alright, how do I get past this drat wall? I'm in the Claptrap DLC, Shadowtrap goes through this huge wall, and Claptrap's Consciousness says he has something to tell you about Shadowtrap. I've probably spent a total of 30 minutes trying to figure it out.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

smashpro1 posted:

Alright, how do I get past this drat wall? I'm in the Claptrap DLC, Shadowtrap goes through this huge wall, and Claptrap's Consciousness says he has something to tell you about Shadowtrap. I've probably spent a total of 30 minutes trying to figure it out.

Try exiting and reentering the map. TPS has a real problem with quest scripts not triggering correctly.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Got the handsome edition, and decided to play all the BL2 dlc I missed before I start the pre sequeland oh my god, the snowman boss music is so great!

But, I'm reeeally not sure what character I should play in the Pre-Sequel... I'm leaning towards Nisha or Athena. In BL2 I played Zer0 and Salvador both to max level and beyond, and even though Salvador is super awesome, it felt like easy mode, and I vastly preferred Zer0, with the need for good positioning, actually timing your heals and so on.

Any recommendations for Pre-Sequel class?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

If you don't like easy mode then Nisha is not for you. Athena requires a bit more thought to play but TPS is a way easier game than 2 regardless of whom you play.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I'm not overly fond of multi phase fights in general but, The Giant Dude who was the final boss wasn't that bad a fight, it was a fairly simple case of lower its shield and shoot it in the face, and repeat until it finally ended.

The Sera Guardians it had for backup were just being shot down by random bolts of lightning from one of Athena's skills in the right tree which was neat, I'll probably give Aurellia a go next, and see what she's all about.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Judge Tesla posted:

I'm not overly fond of multi phase fights in general but, The Giant Dude who was the final boss wasn't that bad a fight, it was a fairly simple case of lower its shield and shoot it in the face, and repeat until it finally ended.

The Sera Guardians it had for backup were just being shot down by random bolts of lightning from one of Athena's skills in the right tree which was neat, I'll probably give Aurellia a go next, and see what she's all about.

She's pretty awesome if you like sniper rifles and snooty rich accents.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Greenplastic posted:

Got the handsome edition, and decided to play all the BL2 dlc I missed before I start the pre sequeland oh my god, the snowman boss music is so great!

But, I'm reeeally not sure what character I should play in the Pre-Sequel... I'm leaning towards Nisha or Athena. In BL2 I played Zer0 and Salvador both to max level and beyond, and even though Salvador is super awesome, it felt like easy mode, and I vastly preferred Zer0, with the need for good positioning, actually timing your heals and so on.

Any recommendations for Pre-Sequel class?

If you played Melee Zer0 and want more, then you should play Athena. Her middle tree is very melee focused, and a lot of people have said it's great.
Personally, I love Athena's right tree, Ceraunic Storm. It's focused around building stacks by inflicting shock and incendiary damage, with skills that give useful bonuses based on the number of stacks you have. (+Reload Speed, +Rate of Fire, +Elemental Effect Chance, Shield Regen, No ammo consumption...) It rewards you for using certain damage types and high fire rate weapons.

I haven't played Nisha as much. (I started with her, didn't like it, and fell in love with Athena instead.) But she has really nice skills. Left tree is more defensive/tanky with some melee focus (build stacks by taking damage, lots of opportunities for health regen), middle tree is focused around buffing Showdown and gun damage, and the right tree is all about shooting things.

Wilhelm is also really cool, you should consider playing him. He's also really good at freezing things, using lasers, and being a cyborg. He also has the best dialogue, period.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Ceraunic Storm Athena is great. You won't even care about survivability because EVERYTHING loving DIES.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Pope Guilty posted:

Try exiting and reentering the map. TPS has a real problem with quest scripts not triggering correctly.

I quit to the menu and got up to that spot twice. Still stuck.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Dr.Smasher posted:

She's pretty awesome if you like sniper rifles and snooty rich accents.

Even if you don't like sniper rifles, Aurelia might make you reconsider your stance. I just treat them like really long barrelled pistols most of the time. Aurelia owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Pope Guilty posted:

Ceraunic Storm Athena is great. You won't even care about survivability because EVERYTHING loving DIES.

The best thing is pulling out a shotgun, firing madly thanks to all the +fire rate bonuses, and not using any ammo.

The whole tree works really well against bosses, too, since longer combat means more stacks.

Do you use the Flash Freeze skill? The one that freezes your stack count when you deal ice damage? It sounds kind of useful for maintaining stacks between fights, but it's easy enough to build up more. You could get some use out of it, but it requires too much management.

• Locked thread