Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Jerkface posted:

TSM is going to ban Zed

i'd be willing to put a week of probation on the line for this, not willing to toxx on it tho

nice edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I'd guess they'd leave Zed up for Hai to take, ban Lissandra, and try to keep the mid pick to last.

Although... If Hai takes Corki...

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
If TSM bans Zed and Rumble they're going to slam dunk C9 in 25-35 minutes. If they don't it will be a dumb sloppy throwfest that TSM will win in 45-50 minutes instead. It will be depressing and stupid either way. :suicide:

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Lightning Knight posted:

If TSM bans Zed and Rumble they're going to slam dunk C9 in 25-35 minutes. If they don't it will be a dumb sloppy throwfest that TSM will win in 45-50 minutes instead. It will be depressing and stupid either way. :suicide:

I don't know why it's depressing to think the better team is going to win because they're better.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Badfinger posted:

I don't know why it's depressing to think the better team is going to win because they're better.

Because TSM vs C9 is the El Clasico of NA (unless you wanna say TSM vs CLG is), and it being a stomp or a shitshow would be the worst. I think that's what he's getting at, anyways - if TSM has to end The Streak (TM), it should be because they were legit better than a C9 playing out of their minds, not because they're all a bunch of shitters now. That's how I want it to happen anyways.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Badfinger posted:

Here's a novel concept for you - people who are fans of a team do not like it when their team loses, especially if they lose and look really bad in the process.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
What's the sports analogy for a team that replaced a really solid player with a total shitter because that's how I feel about Winterfox being great in week 1 and then replacing Flaresz with Avalon. Just go buy Flame or something jesus christ, and if Helios throws a temper tantrum then replace him too. I'm afraid of Altec and Pobelter becoming the next Zionspartin/Shiphtur duo where they're shuffled around on bad teams for so long that they both waste what should have been their best years on awful teams. Zion escaped and went to CLG, maybe some day Pobelter can replace Hai or something.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Transient People posted:

Because TSM vs C9 is the El Clasico of NA (unless you wanna say TSM vs CLG is), and it being a stomp or a shitshow would be the worst. I think that's what he's getting at, anyways - if TSM has to end The Streak (TM), it should be because they were legit better than a C9 playing out of their minds, not because they're all a bunch of shitters now. That's how I want it to happen anyways.

C9 is not any worse than they were last season, they just didn't improve enough compared to the teams around them and lost a big advantage in P/B which they didn't make up for in any area.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I dunno about that. Their team level play feels about the same, but Hai and Ball's champion pools have both visibly shrunk since last season.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
Are any of the day 1 games worth watching?

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

Bubble-T posted:

Are any of the day 1 games worth watching?

Watch the post game interview of Dig v TIP

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

C9 is not any worse than they were last season, they just didn't improve enough compared to the teams around them and lost a big advantage in P/B which they didn't make up for in any area.

They are objectively worse than last season in terms of their solo lane champion pools and mid to late game shot-calling. Although I'm beginning to suspect that Balls' champion pool has always been shallow, and that this was hidden by the meta in S3 and Spring S4.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Typical Pubbie posted:

They are objectively worse than last season in terms of their solo lane champion pools and mid to late game shot-calling. Although I'm beginning to suspect that Balls' champion pool has always been shallow, and that this was hidden by the meta in S3 and Spring S4.

According to this:
http://lol.gamepedia.com/Balls/Champion_Statistics
I'd guess that his champ pool (along with Hai's) are just out of meta rather than itty bitty. Hai being unable to practice at home doesn't help him learn new champions either.

Balls pool is coming back into favor (Trundle is back for example), but Hai's? Not so much. Would be interested to see if Hai wanted to yank out a Riven or something.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
Poor Slooshi. The casters jinxed him by hyped up his "patient game-changing" Orianna ults, but instead got a succession of rushed single-man ults that either missed or got flashed. Maybe karma for throwing shoes.

Hope TSM goes for the double over C9 over trying something experimental; C9 and CLG are probably joint favourites from their side of the play-off brackets (as things stand) so TSM being 2-0 over both would add great pressure on their two biggest rivals.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Dervyn posted:

Poor Slooshi. The casters jinxed him by hyped up his "patient game-changing" Orianna ults, but instead got a succession of rushed single-man ults that either missed or got flashed. Maybe karma for throwing shoes.

Hope TSM goes for the double over C9 over trying something experimental; C9 and CLG are probably joint favourites from their side of the play-off brackets (as things stand) so TSM being 2-0 over both would add great pressure on their two biggest rivals.

Poor Slooshi nothing. His Orianna has been unimpressive all season, and this game just compounded it- his inaction during the early game led to his team getting rolled as he often failed to rotate with Corki and never got anything from staying in lane. Hell, over the course of the season, Slooshi's quietly been one of the worst mids in the LCS when not on Leblanc.

I agree with whoever it was above who said that if Zed and Rumble get banned it's probably going to be a fast and dirty stomp. C9 isn't a bad team but Balls and Hai's champion pool has looked empty all season and if TSM isn't dicking around they are probably too hard to beat with multiple soft spots on the roster. I really think current Balls is at the same point as The Odd One was at the end of his career: really big on a champion type that is out of favor and is completely incapable of adapting to what's in-meta, with the one silver lining may be that C9 weathered the storm well enough that he may be seeing his particular champion pool start coming back into favor.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Demacia Cup Finals: EDG vs iG: http://lol.qq.com/act/a20150112demacia/
Pawn's TF vs Rookie's Zed, Kakao and Deft playing too

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
That Kakako escape just now was hilarious

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

Koskinator posted:

I had some free time and energy so I made a spreadsheet showing all possible final standings based on tomorrow's games.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C2I0UxlTjMGBhlAIv3yw9Udrg5yrRLWzWOEqy7Uvhpk/edit?usp=sharing

The spreadsheet shows TSM always in 1st. But they're 13-4 and CLG is 12-5. If TSM lose and CLG win, doesn't that mean they'll play a tie breaker for 1st?

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
^^^ No because TSM owns the tiebreakers.

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Here's a novel concept for you - people who are fans of a team do not like it when their team loses, especially if they lose and look really bad in the process.

I am giving Lightning Knight poo poo, you guys. :ssh:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

VivaNova posted:

The spreadsheet shows TSM always in 1st. But they're 13-4 and CLG is 12-5. If TSM lose and CLG win, doesn't that mean they'll play a tie breaker for 1st?

TSM 2-0'd CLG during the regular split so there's no need for a tie breaker.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Watching the end of NA LCS from yesterday because I had to miss the last bit of games, and every time I hear Phreak and Jatt say "I wonder if he'll get the Luden's" this is all I can think of:

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Tonight's games are going to be great:

Winterfox vs Coast
Cloud 9 vs TSM
Dignitas vs Liquid
Gravity vs Team 8
CLG vs Impulse

My hopes for today are Coast fulfilling the 1-17 dream and Liquid failing to make playoffs.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Really good set of matchups tonight based on the standings. Great way to end the split.

Wfx - Cst (nr 9 vs 10)
C9 - TSM (nr 1 vs 3)
Dig - TL (nr 7 vs 8)
GV - T8 (nr 5 vs 6)
CLG - Tip (nr 2 vs 4)

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
Not even 3 minutes in, mash already almost dies

I see this is gonna be a short and sweet game

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Cris laning against Avalon. I've been waiting for this all season.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

Cris laning against Avalon. I've been waiting for this all season.

Loser is presented the Evaniskus Award.

edit: The kick straight into Cho's mouth

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 29, 2015

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Savage Cracker posted:

Loser is presented the Evaniskus Award.

edit: The kick straight into Cho's mouth

I wanted to say Crumbzz and Azingy have it on lock but...yeah, Cris and Avalon made really strong showings to prove they deserve the Shitter of the Split award.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Transient People posted:

I wanted to say Crumbzz and Azingy have it on lock but...yeah, Cris and Avalon made really strong showings to prove they deserve the Shitter of the Split award.

Maybe we need an Evaniskus Award for every position.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Man, Mancloud almost killed Helios there.

But Coast gonna Coast.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

This mid Cho is a very fine and handsome selection

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Cris confirmed for worse than Avalon. See you never, shitter! :byewhore:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
lmao altec what the gently caress are you doing

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Thumbtacks posted:

don't worry, coast can throw it right back

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Thumbtacks posted:

Yoloqueueing. Coast deserves nothing more.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
also why is there another urgot in the lcs

SavTargaryen
Sep 11, 2011
That was just an incredibly baffling series of events by Coast.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

:laffo: WTHeaven sent everybody flying RIGHT onto the runaway mash, what a worthless piece of crap

EDIT:

quote:

also why is there another urgot in the lcs

Urgot mid is like the 2.0 version of double ADC, because it actually works. It's really strong now, especially in a tank world.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Why is this guy still allowed to play Gragas this is something like his 3rd straight failure on it

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
He went in so early too. Like, even beyond his bad Gragas-specific mistakes, the gently caress was he doing in baron pit well before his team got there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Coast can't teamfight properly because Cho and Sion are so huge they can't click on anything else

• Locked thread