Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Basically, the Buster Call means a goddamn armada is gonna torch Enies Lobby any time now.

You'd think that in this case, they would call ahead, juuust to be sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Waffleman_ posted:

Basically, the Buster Call means a goddamn armada is gonna torch Enies Lobby any time now.
Without even trying to make contact with the person who made the call? Is it literally a "press this button and we drop a nuke on your position" button?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
It's a good thing no one in the Navy will ever question nor stop a buster call even if someone fat fingers the death remote. "WHAT A BUSTER CALL ON THE SECRET WORLD GOVERNMENT HEADQUARTERS? GET THE 10 NEAREST ADMIRALS TO BLAST IT TO HELL AND KILL EVERYONE THERE. THIS IS THE WAY OF JUSTICE!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

JT Jag posted:

Without even trying to make contact with the person who made the call? Is it literally a "press this button and we drop a nuke on your position" button?

Yes. The Buster Call is really supposed to be used as an emergency last resort.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Yes. The Buster Call is really supposed to be used as an emergency last resort.
Who the gently caress thought that giving that thing to Spandam was a good idea? Admiral Aokiji, I heard?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Only Admirals are even supposed to have those, and the Admirals are all huge badasses, so if one of those gets pressed poo poo's bad.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

JT Jag posted:

Imagine how many people have been butchered just because someone like Spadam put the gold button in their pants and their rear end called in a murder spree.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

If you remember, Aokiji is the one we met back on Long Ring Long Land with the ice powers.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

If you remember, Aokiji is the one we met back on Long Ring Long Land with the ice powers.
Why did he give his snail to this guy

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
And kabuki man toss!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Do they really have personalized snails?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

JT Jag posted:

Why did he give his snail to this guy

He thought it would be funny to get this idiot killed.
Or Spandam just stole it like an idiot.
I forget which

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
Holy poo poo, Spandam makes World of Tanks players look intelligent by comparison

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't exactly remember why Spandam has the golden snail. I think he mentioned it earlier in the arc.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't exactly remember why Spandam has the golden snail. I think he mentioned it earlier in the arc.

I think Aokiji explains it later.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
WILL SOMEONE JUST SLIT THIS poo poo STAIN'S THROAT ALREADY?!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

This is the oldest loving gag

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

MrAristocrates posted:

I think Aokiji explains it later.

"Son, the poo poo they grow down in the Southern Seas will blow your loving mind. I have been doing this poo poo for some time now. I leave it to you to connect those dots, because I am going to go listen to my Pink Floyd snail now."

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Argus Zant posted:

"Son, the poo poo they grow down in the Southern Seas will blow your loving mind. I have been doing this poo poo for some time now. I leave it to you to connect those dots, because I am going to go listen to my Pink Floyd snail now."
*ollies out on my sweet bicycle*

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

That's kind of awesome but now is not the time!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think all that's said regarding why Spandam has the Buster Call is that Aokiji gave him permission, and I guess Aokiji just doesn't give a poo poo. Which I can buy, he's the kind of guy who never gives a poo poo. Then again, this IS Spandam's word.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I passed out at SAO2 and as a result missed the whole block and Akibaranger. This sucks.

Anyway I'm gonna be without a TV for a couple weeks and was wondering if there's any way to keep up with stuff online? Or am I gonna have to wait for reruns?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

If you have your cable provider's login info, I think you can watch Toonami online.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Rhonda Rousey is at Wrestlemania wearing a Vegeta over nine thousand t-shirt and is teaming with the Rock

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Rhonda Rousey is at Wrestlemania wearing a Vegeta over nine thousand t-shirt and is teaming with the Rock

So good

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I kinda want to go back and read the reactions to episode 8 of Gurren Lagann in this thread, would anyone happen to know what page that starts?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It was from last year.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Waffleman_ posted:

It was from last year.
Yep, found it. Pretty good reactions imo. :v:

JT Jag posted:

This particular Buster Call snail is literally a one-time-use no-questions-asked one of those, yes. It would be like if you got your own nuclear missile to launch wherever and whenever you wanted. It's only given to Admirals, of which there are three, and they are basically the highest ranking members of the Marines.

muscles like this? posted:

Do they really have personalized snails?
Yes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

This particular Buster Call snail is literally a one-time-use no-questions-asked one of those, yes. It would be like if you got your own nuclear missile to launch wherever and whenever you wanted. It's only given to Admirals, of which there are three, and they are basically the highest ranking members of the Marines.

And as was said before, the Admirals are three of the biggest loving badasses in the entire goddamn world, so if they're forced to use the Buster Call, then things are hosed and things need to blow the gently caress up RIGHT NOW.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

random thought: now that Deadman Wonderland is off the air again, there is literally no show currently on Toonami that was airing when the revival began three years ago

Bleach, Fullmetal, GitS; even loving Cowboy Bebop has gone silent

just a thought

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Argus Zant posted:

random thought: now that Deadman Wonderland is off the air again, there is literally no show currently on Toonami that was airing when the revival began three years ago

just a thought
The block feels kind of weird without one or two of FMA, GitS, Cowboy Bebop or the Big O running

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Argus Zant posted:

just a thought

On the other hand, it actually is all new stuff, except for the last show of the night.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Tonight's the annual April Fools event. My guess it's going to be Too Many Cooks related.

Waffleopolis fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Apr 1, 2015

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Maybe they'll show JoJo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jojo's not dubbed yet, genius.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
There's three episodes dubbed of Stardust.

Granted, that's a test dub but they're dubbed.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

FISH CENTER TONITE, BITCHES!

in a sense, anyway

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Coin Hunt?

EDIT: Oh. This is lame.

Adbot