Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

wait you can parry the Blood Starved Beast? I just kinda stayed behind it and slashed it until it died.

Also checking out the Healing Church Workshop, there's something making a bunch of noise at the bottom but I cant see it and I'm not sure if I can survive the fall to the bottom.

Yeah his standard swipe attack from the left side you can shoot down and do the big damage riposte until about half health, when he starts putting poison on anything.

Vicar and Paarl are much harder bosses that I have to train for now, but I will triumph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

vicar was the boss i had the most trouble with but its been smooth sailing since then. i believe in you.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i really like the rune system.

Dec 26, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Yeah his standard swipe attack from the left side you can shoot down and do the big damage riposte until about half health, when he starts putting poison on anything.

Vicar and Paarl are much harder bosses that I have to train for now, but I will triumph.

paarl is pretty nasty so far. im gonna kill him though

Dec 26, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

wait you can parry the Blood Starved Beast? I just kinda stayed behind it and slashed it until it died.

Also checking out the Healing Church Workshop, there's something making a bunch of noise at the bottom but I cant see it and I'm not sure if I can survive the fall to the bottom.

you cant parry the leap, is the thing. or at least i sucked at it

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

i used that tomb prospector set against paarl for the bolt resistance. it seemed to help a bit.

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
I ran my head against the wall against vicar like 6 times before giving up and going exploring in the Charnal House Lane or w/e, ended up fighting the witches and when I came back I beat her on the first try. She seems really easy to just dodge towards her and to the side since you get so much invincibility from dodging. Then again, she didn't last long enough to heal so I maybe just got lucky. Having a +6 weapon by then probably didn't hurt. Shadow of Yarnham boss is hella tight, almost beat it the first try then got owned the next 2 times before going to bed. Can't wait to try again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't find where to take the letter to get my carriage...

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Sharkopath posted:

Im in the same boat, got a lucky pattern on Vicar so she didnt hurt me too bad, threw a bunch of those Numbing Mists at her too to stop her regeneration. Paarl beat me down hard though, gonna save up for Ludwig's sword and see how that works.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

you ever fight the witch?

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

Im in the same boat, got a lucky pattern on Vicar so she didnt hurt me too bad, threw a bunch of those Numbing Mists at her too to stop her regeneration. Paarl beat me down hard though, gonna save up for Ludwig's sword and see how that works.

i love ludwig's sword. its like having the ds1 zweihander

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

you ever fight the witch?

Yeah. I figured it was in that area because of the text in the item description but I couldn't find anything. The only area I didn't recheck is right past the boss fight room

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Same

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah. I figured it was in that area because of the text in the item description but I couldn't find anything. The only area I didn't recheck is right past the boss fight room
just backtrack from there, you walk through like a village or whatever and it triggers a cutscene

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

01011001 posted:

second playthrough maybe then. are there really good guns that go along with bloodtinge or does that just kinda hang out
guns and pure magic builds are both viable but you need to know what youre doing so it's best to leave it for a second playthrough

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

THE PENETRATOR posted:

the highest requirement is 18 and guns arent really a damage thing but you can socket bloodtinge scaling into poo poo if u dare
dual wielding evelyn + reiterpallasch does Epic Damage

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i got a vial of whores blood

this is awesome.

also fyi i don't know how and didn't know there was a normal weapon parry, i thought shooting was the only parry for attacks

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

homeless snail posted:

just backtrack from there, you walk through like a village or whatever and it triggers a cutscene

The trigger is a big stone in the middle of the opening with the two fatty executioner guys

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I beat Paarl, I am champion.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Broseph Brostar posted:

The trigger is a big stone in the middle of the opening with the two fatty executioner guys

Lol I ran past that multiple times, I probably just never got close enough

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

zen death robot posted:

The labyrinth bosses are cool as hell too

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Killing giant lava hound solely with my whip, feeling like the most badass lion tamer ever

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Got Ludwig's Blade and upgraded it to +5 and its wrecking everything wow. The L2 is really useful for stunning/instakilling single dudes. Sorry Saw Cleaver, you were a good friend for a long time but now its time to smash everything with a giant sword.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Got the daggers/sword of mercy. rules. l2 attack is a slash and dash back that lets you just walk up and stab anything

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

homeless snail posted:

its cool but its real disappointing theres only 3 of them and theyre all kind of the same. ds2 had so many sick covenants

There could be more. .. u never know

bonermobile
Sep 20, 2010

im so lost and it owns but these load times are killing me

from please..

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Hemwick crossing is the crossroad in the area hemwick charnel lane and u just go up to the clock

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Ng+ is hard but i have an epic boss strat to share... copying vid onto usb to edit in vegas now

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
they freaked
me
out

but not as much as if i had not killed the first guy with a backstab, if he had turned into a snake like some later guys i would have had my mind blown

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYFXzRKRByo

THE PENETRATOR fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 30, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

zen death robot posted:

The snake head motherfuckers were unexpected

It's incredible that every 30 ish minutes new enemy designs show up that really unsettle me

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
zdr did u get the cannon... hope so

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'm trying to Platinum Dark Souls II because Bloodborne has not sated me.

Dark Souls II is loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong and tedious as poo poo.

after 15 or so hours I'm up to the castle and in the underground area. I just crushed the mirror knight's face in. And I'm going to need to go back to the zombie chruch fight on ++ difficulty because the summon dude was not with me the first time.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
dark souls 2 is a 2 hour game beating every boss...sorry nooblord but get good or heck, don't try to plat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dark Souls II is the easiest souls game to plat, and it's really fun.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
teh emote in the pic i posted is "Make Contact" lol sppoiler: aliens are extremely loving real

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

THE PENETRATOR posted:

dark souls 2 is a 2 hour game beating every boss...sorry nooblord but get good or heck, don't try to plat

Yeah you can skip ahead to winter's shrine if you have enough souls, but Great Sword of the moonlight and that dragoon lady's achievements are two big pains in the rear end.

I also need all the gestures and all the covenants. I've only died like 44 times at this point.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dark Souls II is the easiest souls game to plat, and it's really fun.
bloodborne is gonna be a crazy easy plat, i have like 5 trophies left and the only hard one will be the chalice one

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Going Arcane was a good idea, the Tonritus kicks rear end, as does having faster dodges. Also I beat Amygdala on my first try, I dont know if there are any more cool items in that area, but gently caress poison swamps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

homeless snail posted:

bloodborne is gonna be a crazy easy plat, i have like 5 trophies left and the only hard one will be the chalice one

i have
1) Ultra Gem (idk how to get)
2) All Weapons (just need the one from the chalice dungeon)
3 & 4) endings
5) Hunter Special Items where is the one that chameleons you into a messenger... what the gently caress...
6) i guess one for doing all fixed chalice dungeons?
7) upgrade a weapon to +10 where the gently caress do i get a blood rock