Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you gonna be watching this?
Seth: YES! I'm buying in....to the WWE Network for just $9.99!
Bryan: NO! NO! NO! Gonna watch an indy show or Duke/Gonzaga instead.
Scotty & Grand Master: Why didn't Rikishi thank us? :cry:
Big Show: :350:
View Results

• Locked thread
TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
3 superman punches and 2 spears aren't much of an equivalent to 11 suplexes and 3 F5s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Mania loving owned and that ending was just perfect. Brock looks like a killer, Roman could not be put down, and Seth is the goddamn world champion.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm happy with that ending, but that was a really mediocre Wrestlemania overall. Making the right decision to make Roman Reigns completely irrelevant was a good ending but the majority of the show did nothing for anybody.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Goodpart posted:

So why did the world champ lose clean to Randy Orton again? On the night that he won the title, no less?

It's just some thing WWE does. Edge lost his match the night he cashed in MITB too. To ric flair, iirc.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Seth you magnificent bastard.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
I'm just glad we didn't get the super predictable overcome the odds finish. Good show that was entertaining if nothing else

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
that was a good mania ya'll

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Goodpart posted:

So why did the world champ lose clean to Randy Orton again? On the night that he won the title, no less?

because he doesn't need the win if he's going to get the belt

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

The psychology and booking of that match were absolutely perfect. My only caveat is that I think WM should be where the angle ends, not where it begins. Small complaint though.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Current WWE Champions: Nikki Bella, Cesaro, Tyson Kidd, Daniel Bryan, John Cena, Seth Rollins

This is highly acceptable.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Goodpart posted:

Losing a match before cashing in later in the night isn't unusual. Edge did it in 2006 iirc.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
That was 100 times better than I was expecting.

The match was even good before Rollins, but I lost my poo poo when he ran down. He was already my favorite guy right now.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I marked out like a loving child and it's 4am and I am so happy

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Dimebags Brain posted:

it was actually super middle of the road but people were just expecting a trainwreck so it seems better than it actually was.
Yup. The first half in particular was just silly

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dexo posted:

Tyler loving Black is the WWE champion. Goddamn.

At the main event of WRESTLEMANIA!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

This Mania was nearly loving perfect

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Guys...i...is it possible? Could WWE actually start getting really good again?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Goodpart posted:

Eh, That's fine. He lost because him winning the title is going to fix any "damage" the loss does.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."
So glad they didn't have Paul turn on Brock, they are magic together

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This Wrestlemania will be poo poo compared to last year but I genuinely believe it'll be better than people are expecting.

What loving now. :colbert:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Well gently caress me sideways I guess all of us (including me) making GBS threads on the WM before it happened were proven wrong.

Good job WWE, you actually did it, you did the thing you're supposed to do and made WM an event of surprises and excitement.

No way were they going to do the right thing, I wouldn't have been surprised if this was a last minute change just gauging the crowd reaction to Reigns during the match. It's not the first time they've done something like that. They knew they always had Rollins in their pocket to put the title on, if anything they wanted to put it on a face, but Reigns isn't the face anyone in that stadium wanted at all, so they went with the next best thing. A fighting smart smarmy heel champ that is way more entertaining to watch than Lesnar.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

is this an early indicator that maybe, just maybe they're realizing reigns isn't the man

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

It was a $10 wrestlemania and I'll leave it at that

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Goodpart posted:

probably because he's a chickenshit heel who's been well-established to only be able to win after fixing the circumstances in his favor imo

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Good WM, was happy overall except for Sting vs HHH

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Who were the people that were all "I could go to Wrestlemania but it looks lame" because I want to find each of them and sit them down and give them a stern talking to.

Look there was like a 2% chance what happened in the last five hours was going to happen, I've skipped attending Raiders games with more of a chance than that

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
My positivity has been vindicated. Another decisive win for me, trolls.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

CapnAndy posted:

Current WWE Champions: Nikki Bella, Cesaro, Tyson Kidd, Daniel Bryan, John Cena, Seth Rollins

This is highly acceptable.

Actually yeah, I wonder if that's as good as it's ever been

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.
SETH ROLLINS IS THE MAN SETH ROLLINS IS THE MAN HOLY gently caress FOR THE LOVE OF GODS I DON'T BELIEVE IN SETH ROLLINS IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's no PPV post shows?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Goodpart posted:

Because it's more of a surprise when that happens. It's stupid but it's how they do it.

OldTennisCourt posted:

No.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Wwe can be pretty good sometimes yea

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010
Vince actually found a way to write his way out of Reigns being as over as a wet fart and still protect Lesnar. God bless that old bastard.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

good show

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Jetfire posted:

Losing a match before cashing in later in the night isn't unusual. Edge did it in 2006 iirc.

That will always be my favorite cash in.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Railroad5 posted:

I can't believe he won at mania.

This loving guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4WJm_dCrRs

This owns.

Seth Rollins owns.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Guys, that was actually a pretty drat good mania

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Hey Guys Daniel Bryan just won the WWE Title. Cesaro is seemingly getting a push, and Brock Lesnar just beat the undertaker. This next year of WWE is going to be awesome.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Ok, I'm usually negative and in that vein the rest of Mania loving SUUUUCKED but that main event was awesome. Lesnar looked great, they made Reigns look tough albeit only able to cope with Lesnar given a lucky break/Lesnar loving with him, and we get the belt off the guy who can't work every show and it's not Reigns.

The only bad part is we'll probably be getting 20 minute promos of HHH putting over Rollins every Raw for the next 3 months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

I'm happy with that ending, but that was a really mediocre Wrestlemania overall. Making the right decision to make Roman Reigns completely irrelevant was a good ending but the majority of the show did nothing for anybody.

Wrestlemania Parity

• Locked thread