Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you gonna be watching this?
Seth: YES! I'm buying in....to the WWE Network for just $9.99!
Bryan: NO! NO! NO! Gonna watch an indy show or Duke/Gonzaga instead.
Scotty & Grand Master: Why didn't Rikishi thank us? :cry:
Big Show: :350:
View Results

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Good ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Railroad5 posted:

I can't believe he won at mania.

This loving guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4WJm_dCrRs

Chris Hero got really fat

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

And that's how you get rid of Reigns from the main event scene.

Now hopefully he stays out awhile so he has time to improve and get the crowd back on his side.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Jericho podcast, sweet

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
tbh i would have preferred a double turn because heel Roman would be cool but that was almost as good

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I love that even the third spear didn't look like it was going to put down Brock, he was just going to roll outside and rest a sec like he always does.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

What loving now. :colbert:

broken clock, twice a day, &c.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jerusalem posted:

Well that's a pretty great answer to WWE letting all the old guys go over earlier in the night. Instead of ending with face Roman standing tall to boos or the heel Lesnar standing tall to riotous cheers, we get Seth Rollins reminding everybody why he sold out The Shield in the first place.

Seriously this is the first time a WWE PPV legitimately swerved me and DIDN'T leave me going 'are they retarded?!' Did not see a mid match cash in coming, loved that everyone looked tough, Seth, after getting the poo poo kicked out of him in his match, found a way to win and still look like a badass.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

sportsgenius86 posted:

Literally everyone comes out of that brilliantly. That was superb

Brock looks a little chumpish after Reigns kicked out of three f5s and selling a turnbuckle bump, superman punches, and no other offense like death.

But I am happy with Seth winning the title. Best possible ending out of all that, Seth has natural feuds set up with Brock, Orton, Cena, Bryan (all guys who beat him clean recently) as well as Reigns and Ambrose.

As opposed to Reigns who could feud with... Seth. And the Big Show.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
That ending didn't make sense really, but gently caress it, roman the human slug reigns ain't champion and that's good.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
That mania was awesome. Totally pulled it out of the fire.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Vertical Lime posted:

is this an early indicator that maybe, just maybe they're realizing reigns isn't the man

Seth Rollins is actually the man, and judging by photos, he's more man than most of us

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Best ending possible

Can't believe they pulled off a decent wrestle mania

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Only thing I thought was very poor was Sting losing, the rest was alright. Not much spectacular except for the ending, but none of the matches had me really bored and there's usually a couple of those each year.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I've never been so happy to be wrong.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

extremely mediocre show saved by fantastic main event of brock lesnar vs cpr dummy vs seth rollins

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
because of that swerve ending (I expected a win, then a cash in, not mid match to triple threat cash in) this Mania is now known as Russomania

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

That mania was awesome. Totally pulled it out of the fire.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Tezzor posted:

Best ending possible

Can't believe they pulled off a decent wrestle mania

Agreed.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Now imagine if all of that had had a decent build.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Ok, I'm usually negative and in that vein the rest of Mania loving SUUUUCKED but that main event was awesome. Lesnar looked great, they made Reigns look tough albeit only able to cope with Lesnar given a lucky break/Lesnar loving with him, and we get the belt off the guy who can't work every show and it's not Reigns.

The only bad part is we'll probably be getting 20 minute promos of HHH putting over Rollins every Raw for the next 3 months

STFU. Wrestlemania was awesome

First time since last year that the show ended with a huge grin on my face

Beaverseatwood2
Feb 23, 2014
Such a great show!!!!! It was way better than I was expecting. 4/5 stars for me .

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

my name is seth rollins, and this is my favourite ending at wrestlemania

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
After how good Rollins was this year he more than deserves to be the champion right now.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Chokes McGee posted:

Look there was like a 2% chance what happened in the last five hours was going to happen, I've skipped attending Raiders games with more of a chance than that

The chances of a WWE PPV looking mediocre and turning out to be amazing is pretty high to be honest.

It seems the ones that look really good are the ones they screw up on.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Dr. rear end posted:

This was good because it meant Roman didn't have to pin anyone but also he doesn't look like uh TOTAL poo poo
Honestly the man was shoot murdered, he is dead now, a Roman Reigns clone will take his place tomorrow night, there's no shame in eating that pin

Rollins looked smart as gently caress, Lesnar looked unbeatable and didn't get beat, Reigns looked actually kinda tough just for taking that beating, that was a really good job all around.

Sting and Wyatt should have won their matches but otherwise this was... actually a really good Wrestlemania! Which I don't think anyone expected.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

This mania loving owned, I loved mostly all of it.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

i was expecting one of the worst manias ever and it was p good congrats

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Kawalimus posted:

Only thing I thought was very poor was Sting losing, the rest was alright. Not much spectacular except for the ending, but none of the matches had me really bored and there's usually a couple of those each year.
the entire sting match was pretty loving stupid. funny but not in any way good

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Live Audio Wrestlemans is 3 friggin hours tonight, Dave Meltzer will be on later: http://www2.tsn.ca/toronto/listen/

tranceMD
Apr 25, 2006

Forsooth! Methinks thou art no ordinary talking chicken.
No MOTY or anything but I enjoyed every match and like where the titles are, p.cool stuff.

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.
Show owned. Rollins owns.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Rollins really is the new Edge.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Little Mac posted:

Now imagine if all of that had had a decent build.

If it had I might have actually liked it almost as much as 24.

Still love 24 the most out of everything in the past 10 years.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Rollins, Bryan, Cesaro and Kidd are all champions. Awesome

oh, and cena too

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

That's dangerous. What if the belt slips out of his sweaty hands and hits someone in the crowd? LAWSUIT!

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TheRationalRedditor posted:

3 superman punches and 2 spears aren't much of an equivalent to 11 suplexes and 3 F5s

Fair point but pretend Roman Reigns is Overeem punching him in the guts or better yet, relax.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Authorman posted:

Brock looks a little chumpish after Reigns kicked out of three f5s and selling a turnbuckle bump, superman punches, and no other offense like death.

I think that makes Cena and Undertaker look more chumpish than Lesnar. Roman just took more than both of them combined and was still in the running.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

OldTennisCourt posted:

Guys...i...is it possible? Could WWE actually start getting really good again?

No, but it was a good show

• Locked thread