Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you gonna be watching this?
Seth: YES! I'm buying in....to the WWE Network for just $9.99!
Bryan: NO! NO! NO! Gonna watch an indy show or Duke/Gonzaga instead.
Scotty & Grand Master: Why didn't Rikishi thank us? :cry:
Big Show: :350:
View Results

• Locked thread
DGib
Jan 22, 2010
absolute garbage wrestlemania with a garbage ending

only things that were the slightest bit good were Rousey, the crowd booing the metric system, and my 13 year old cross over fantasy booking coming to life

Also Seth Rollins is hell on the mic, cant wait for his boring 20 minute promo tomorrow and the never gets old art of the chickenshit heel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

motherbox posted:

So that was my first Wrestlemania after a few months of reading about the WWE without actually watching it, and I'm starting to get into this whole thing. This is probably a really dumb, stupid question, but are there any non-cable ways to watch the weekly shows? As far as I can tell, they aren't actually on the WWE Network, right?

Hulu Plus has edited versions of the weekly shows. They're probably better to watch since they're 90 minutes instead of three loving hours but you do miss a few things here and there.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Fiveace Attorney posted:

Yup pretty much. Not sure how Dave is going to say that Sting match was good

Probably by telling the objective factual truth that it was loving awesome. :colbert:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Ronda Rousey is real pretty

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

DGib posted:

only things that were the slightest bit good were Rousey, the crowd booing the metric system, and my 13 year old cross over fantasy booking coming to life

Also Seth Rollins is hell on the mic, cant wait for his boring 20 minute promo tomorrow and the never gets old art of the chickenshit heel

Lol

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Dave Meltzer saying this is one of the best shows he's ever seen
I mean, did he watch literally last year though

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

what's gonna happen tomorrow

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Jerusalem posted:

Probably by telling the objective factual truth that it was loving awesome. :colbert:

Correct.

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?

Fiveace Attorney posted:

Bad is pushing it. The only thing really bad was the filler and most of the Sting HHH nonsense. At the same time not a lot of it was super amazing. So it was good, above average. Not as good as last year

I attended last year so I'll admit that I'm biased as hell, but most of the undercard was just paint-by-numbers obvious. Then HHH beat Sting and I soured pretty hard on everything that followed. Undertaker's entrance has been a draw in and of itself for years but tonight it was just... an entrance prefaced by a gong. With some smoke. Compared to last year alone it was a huge downgrade.

But hell yes Seth Rollins. HELL. YEAH!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

motherbox posted:

So that was my first Wrestlemania after a few months of reading about the WWE without actually watching it, and I'm starting to get into this whole thing. This is probably a really dumb, stupid question, but are there any non-cable ways to watch the weekly shows? As far as I can tell, they aren't actually on the WWE Network, right?

Hulu is probably your best bet but it's not a great viewing experience.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

The HHH/Sting match was the Dad match of the century.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

DGib posted:

shut up

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

motherbox posted:

Just watch a stream, they are usually posted in the RAW livethreads. https://www.idntv.net is the one I use and it generally works great

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
I think most of us can definitely agree that the show was better than average and nowhere near as bad as it could have been at the very least

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The WM was good enough that you can pick out the bad things.

Bog How going over
Triple H going over, Sting shaking his hand like a loser
The 25 minute RAW promo

Everything else was good to really really good

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

That is a hell of a long game, there

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Why did the NWO help sting, surely they could have at least come out to the wolfpack music? I really just want them to come out to the wolfpack music.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

DGib posted:

Sorry.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CapnAndy posted:

I mean, did he watch literally last year though

nothing on this show was as bad as Lesnar/Taker. poo poo Lesnar/Wyatt isn't in the top half of Taker matches but it was probably better than Wyatt/Cena too.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm glad that was my first WM.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
wrestling is really great when it works and there's no reason that builds should be this bad with the talent they have even if somehow each year they're able to pull things out of their rear end at the last moment

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I lost my mind at the main event ending and I tyexted my coworker and he only responded "meh" he is 2 smark 4 me

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I'm probably just echoing what many have said but there a few thousand unread replies that I can't read because I have to go to bed soon. So...

Main event was loving amazing. It's bittersweet, because Brock Lesnar as champion was a special thing and it sucks that it ended rather quickly, but they booked a downright perfect match. The idea going into this, I would assume, is that you wanted everybody to come out looking good.

Reigns: Took an absolute rear end kicking, including 10 suplexes and 3 F5's and it still didn't put him away. Almost had Brock beat at the end.

Brock: Not that he needed to be booked strong but he took like 12 finishers and never even got pinned.

Rollins: New champ. Speaks for itself.

I hate Reigns less after that match, so the WWE did something right. Everybody loves to bitch about the booking after every PPV, but you have to give them credit when it's due. Outside of the Taker match, the booking was drat near perfect. They managed to make HHH/Sting, a match I had zero expectations for, and turned it into 20 minutes of entertainment. Yes, a clusterfuck, but entertainment.

Awesome Mania.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

If they do split up Rusev/Lana, it should be Rusev going face. Dude could be tremendous at that.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
Hello. I am from GBS, I am here to study you. However please don't be disrupted by my presence, carry on as you normally would

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Ages posted:

That is a hell of a long game, there

The Architect.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
I think WWE isn't for me.

I thought it was stupid how many people disappeared during the ladder match.
Randy Orton does nothing for me (great RKO, but that's not enough)
Sting match was stupid overbooked bullshit, with the respect afterwards being amazingly stupid (as someone here pointed out, why would you respect someone who brought in their friends to beat you, and only won after hitting you with a sledgehammer? This is precisely the kind of behaviour that you've opposed him for). Seeing old dudes get injured and move poorly didn't excite me, especially when their actual friendships and relationships are known - nobody thinks Hall, Nash and Hogan like Sting more than HHH.
AJ and Paige was just kind of boring, and with so little stakes - I'd have preffered a 4 way, Nikki bella cannot pin Brie.
Cena Rusev was okay (I loved the overblown Russian entrance), but man that wet ending.
That eternal segment with rock and rousey went horrificallyl ong, especially for the payoff of Rousey kind of holding Stephanie's arm. Why not just have her legit take steph down and make her tap out? It's not hard for her.
Undertaker - Wyatt was okay, but not amazing.
And then the main....

Brock's a beast, he's compelling, he's amazing, he's everything you want wrestling to be. Roman is a wet blanket.

But holy poo poo, I was actually getting into the story of Roman conquering the beast, suddenly Seth there for bullshit. I mean, I guess it makes Roman looks strong, and Seth smart, but not in a way that will really get either of them over. It's the main event of Wrestlemania, IMO bullshit ends here, you win or lose on your own merits.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i wish r-truth had won though

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

St Evan Echoes posted:

The WM was good enough that you can pick out the bad things.

Bog How going over

I'd already forgotten this happened. Which says a lot about the status of the Andre battle royal

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

MotU posted:

I lost my mind at the main event ending and I tyexted my coworker and he only responded "meh" he is 2 smark 4 me
It really was a great finish but with this loving build it can be hard to get excited for the product going forward

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I think Brock was pretty much shooting until Roman started his comeback.

Real good Wrestlemania IMO. 7/10

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Fauxhawk Express posted:

That show really was great.

Doesn't touch the Tokyo Dome show match quality wise, but had more stupid fun stuff. My only real gripe is that Rock/Ronda segment went WAY too long.

It's time for HHH to be more of a puppet-master type heel. It's ok if he delivers once in a while a Pedigree or does a short brawl in the ring, but these old guy reunions where he makes sure that all his old buddies get a Wrestlemania paycheck are getting a bit silly (although I'm happy for Hall). Rock vs Trips at Summer Slam ? No, please no.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

1gnoirents posted:

Hello. I am from GBS, I am here to study you. However please don't be disrupted by my presence, carry on as you normally would

HELLO GOON SIR!

WOULD YOU LIKE SOME PAMPHLETS?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

That was cool and good

Me and my friends marked out for Seth

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

oatgan posted:

oatgan posted:

oatgan posted:

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

1gnoirents posted:

Get ready for a ride to Suplex City, bitch.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
I don't know who Rousey is, but I'm guess she was the lady in the interminable Rock HHH promo thing.

Is she going to wrestle? Should I ever care about this person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
This was one of those shows where you can easily tell which people in this forum enjoy watching pro wrestling and which people are big fucker retards.

• Locked thread