Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Zaa Boogie posted:

I preordered the chest bits after being kind of 'Hmmm' on it so I'll give my impressions, I guess!

Cool. On the review front I'll be doing lot's of Star Saber pics and stuff when he gets here for those that passed on the dude .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Blackheart posted:

After more review watching and feedback reading I've decided that MP Star Saber is a sweet rear end toy but I don't want to own him. If we get a generations IDW inspired voyager I'll be all over that poo poo however.

Blackheart posted:

Someone asked BBTS too and the answer said they were expecting them by the end of next week or so.

I just wanna complete Menasor and Superion :smith:

Once again, you have said exactly what I think.

Stop reading my diary.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Hmm. Maybe I am more Captain than Doctor?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I preorded both kits for Menasor, I really don't give a poo poo about upgrading Superion. Maybe if the hand/foot kits are on sale this fall or something I'll do that for him.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I've become increasingly dissillusioned with the foot modes of the Hasbro handfeet.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Rhyno posted:

I preorded both kits for Menasor, I really don't give a poo poo about upgrading Superion. Maybe if the hand/foot kits are on sale this fall or something I'll do that for him.

Do those handfeet have ankle tilts?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

I've become increasingly dissillusioned with the foot modes of the Hasbro handfeet.

They're dinky as poo poo.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Do those handfeet have ankle tilts?

Looks like they do.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Rhyno posted:

They're dinky as poo poo.

They try so hard but the core concept is kinda flawed

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

Yeah, trying to dual purpose them was a bad idea. I hope they change to something else after Defensor.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Yeah, trying to dual purpose them was a bad idea. I hope they change to something else after Defensor.
You mean triple purpose them?

Also no, the handfeet are here to stay. Handfeet for everyone.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Rhyno posted:

I preordered both of them, but gently caress Menasor. :) I got the head/chest kit for Superion the superior combiner.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

I think the opposite actually, the concept itself was a fantastic idea and kind of the best solution for the problem. The limbots had to be useable as arms or legs and Bruticus proved that incorporating the hands (for both arms) in the figure itself impacted the robot too heavily. It had to be a separate accessory and it had to cover both modes.

The things themselves are actually super cleverly engineered and pretty stable thanks to their long heels, they just kind of... start failing when you try to do dynamic poses unless you're very careful posing that thumb. I think that if they managed to add an ankle tilt on top of everything else they do, I wouldn't even be looking at any 3p addons.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

yeah it's the gun modes that I think really hurt. If they had bigger feet with hands that fit inside the feet or something that could have been interesting.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Hey when does RID/Transformers the Eponymous Comic start into Combiner Wars stuff?
Follow-up: is it any good? I tried continuing with RID after Dark Energon but got bored quickly and gave up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Comfortador posted:

I preordered both of them, but gently caress Menasor. :) I got the head/chest kit for Superion the superior combiner.

Superior if you're a jerk maybe!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Diet Poison posted:

Hey when does RID/Transformers the Eponymous Comic start into Combiner Wars stuff?
It just started with the last one then Windblade #1 is the second one

And other than Sarah Stone's art I'm not really impressed it's just magical doodad makes the giant dicks fight hurray

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Blackheart posted:

After more review watching and feedback reading I've decided that MP Star Saber is a sweet rear end toy but I don't want to own him. If we get a generations IDW inspired voyager I'll be all over that poo poo however.

I also want an IDW version to happen and would buy that guy too.

DoctorWhat posted:

yeah it's the gun modes that I think really hurt. If they had bigger feet with hands that fit inside the feet or something that could have been interesting.

Totally fine with the hand/foot/gun combo, but they indeed needed to be bigger and slightly more complex. Alas, that would have jacked the price point right up. They still make for mighty fine toys while I wait to get 3rd party bits.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

With all the crazy poo poo we've been seeing lately a Leader class IDW Overlord seems less and less crazy every time. I mean I would've laughed at someone telling me we'd ever get a leader class Ultra Magnus with Minimus Ambus minifigure included. They might even get the proper name like they did with Bombshell an Motormaster.

What else? poo poo, we could get voyager Tarn, deluxe Chromedome, none of that seems out of reach now. Well, maybe not while Combiner Wars stays strong...

edit: this is so cute

Papercraft Drift. Paperdrift? he has achieved peak japanese.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Mar 29, 2015

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Blackheart posted:

What else? poo poo, we could get voyager Tarn,

Dear dude that works at Hasbro that posts here:
I'm willing to trade my soul for voyager Tarn and the rest of the DJD. If Hasbro does that sort of trade.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We've got Magnus and Minimus dropping this year and that is 100% from the comics. Good money says a Chromedome/Rewind two pack will happen.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Somehow I don't think a transformer that turns into a literal electric chair would fly with Hasbro's PR department

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Or the guy who transforms into a Cybertronian Holocaust oven.

The sniper rifle with removable face can probably be a Targetmaster partner for Tarn, though.

Then again, Hasbro is no stranger to modifying a character's design or alt mode for toy purposes.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

MMC has Kaon and Vos coming, so if Hasbro never does them you do have options!

I'd imagine if they are popular they'll do all five.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

therealjon_ posted:

MMC has Kaon and Vos coming, so if Hasbro never does them you do have options!

I'd imagine if they are popular they'll do all five.

Problem is, I don't think I'm the only one waiting to see what their Tarn looks like before diving in. Hopefully those first two sell enough to get the other three made.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Keldroc posted:

Problem is, I don't think I'm the only one waiting to see what their Tarn looks like before diving in. Hopefully those first two sell enough to get the other three made.

I get that. I think being a Marvel Legends collector over the years has broken me of needing or expecting completed teams.

Speaking of which Toy Dojo had Kaon in his bot mode at ECCC.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I wonder if Kaon and the other "repaint" members of the DJD were conceived to improve the odds of them and their counterparts getting toys.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Captain Invictus posted:

Somehow I don't think a transformer that turns into a literal electric chair would fly with Hasbro's PR department

We're getting individual Legends cassette bots in the upcoming waves. Buzzsaw is the first one. They're only 4 away from completing the G1 minibots and after that they'll probably start making the Autobot cassettes.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 29, 2015

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Are they actual cassettes? And if so what figure are they intended to fit in?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Went to Walmart to pick up Mario party. Decided to swing by the lately abysmal Transformer section, they had g1 and armada Megs. Got g1. Armada looks dumb in bot mode.

Everything else was loving AoE deluxes. The garbage ones that have pop out arms and poo poo.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

We're getting individual Legends cassette bots in the upcoming waves. Buzzsaw is the first one. They're only 4 away from completing the G1 minibots and after that they'll probably start making the Autobot cassettes.

What does that have to do with anything? The problem isn't that an electric chair doesn't have any action features, the problem is that it's an execution device.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Just like women have vibrating 'massagers', Cybertronians have electric 'massage' chairs.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm gonna massage you to death

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's a dentist chair, a more socially accepted torture device.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Keldroc posted:

What does that have to do with anything?
How do you guys still read Vaerai Archon posts and reply to them seriously?

Also I got a CW Thundercracker. This mold seriously needs to be upgraded to a deluxe. What a joy.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Spiderdrake posted:

Also I got a CW Thundercracker. This mold seriously needs to be upgraded to a deluxe. What a joy.

Wait, Taint Reap is VA? Lmao if so

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm gonna massage you to death

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Spiderdrake posted:

I've already written off the entirety of Cinema Discusso as an elaborate group troll. I have to believe something is real.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

What does that have to do with anything? The problem isn't that an electric chair doesn't have any action features, the problem is that it's an execution device.

He probably won't turn into a chair for the toy. He'll have a new body by then.

I mean how many bodies has IDW Megatron had just for the sake of a toy? Loads. And Swindle certainly isn't going to have his current body once bruticus rolls around in 2016.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Mar 30, 2015

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

He doesn't even need a new body- don't the DJD just get a new guy to take over the name when one of them dies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Robot Style posted:

He doesn't even need a new body- don't the DJD just get a new guy to take over the name when one of them dies?

That is exactly what happens. Even if they keep the same character all they have to do is make him one of those lightening tanks from the old Godzilla movies and, bang, toy. That I will army build. :getin: