Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you gonna be watching this?
Seth: YES! I'm buying in....to the WWE Network for just $9.99!
Bryan: NO! NO! NO! Gonna watch an indy show or Duke/Gonzaga instead.
Scotty & Grand Master: Why didn't Rikishi thank us? :cry:
Big Show: :350:
View Results

• Locked thread
Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators
Sting and HHH was God damned awesome and I won't hear otherwise. It wasn't supposed to be a ***** technical match. It was supposed to be a goofy pro wrestling match that brought everyone back and it ruled. Sort of thought Sting should have won but it was still freaking great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Malt posted:

What was the idea there with Roman? The laughing was weird.

I guess him kind of laughing off the continued beatdown and continuing to struggle up like Cool Hand Luke but it came off kind of lovely

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
I hope Rollins gets to keep the briefcase. It's the most famous MITB briefcase ever.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Blasmeister posted:

I don't understand your gimmick

he's brainwashed by Timothy Thatcher

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

DGib posted:

okay take it back, that was actually great

remove the 'go gently caress yourself' part then that was rude + quick on the jump to say

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Malt posted:

laughing while you get the poo poo beat out of you and asking for more is an age-old babyface trope

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DGib posted:

this is what battered wife syndrome looks like

no this is *slaps u*

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Also I have to say the popup going "Tonight's winner will be on the Today Show tomorrow morning!" was a great troll misdirection.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

Sting and HHH was God damned awesome and I won't hear otherwise. It wasn't supposed to be a ***** technical match. It was supposed to be a goofy pro wrestling match that brought everyone back and it ruled. Sort of thought Sting should have won but it was still freaking great.
I think it depends on how relevant you think the Monday Night Wars are today. Like I could probably do without ever hearing about that or the montreal screwjob in storylines ever again

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Also I have to say the popup going "Tonight's winner will be on the Today Show tomorrow morning!" was a great troll misdirection.
Yeah with the pics of Lesnar and Reigns I legit thought "welp guess Rollins aint winning"

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Vertical Lime posted:

well that's it

vince can claim victory tonight

espn reports it like a normal sport

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/582382385381175296

lmao the replies

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

Malt posted:

I think it was meant to be a kind of "that all you got?" thing. The commentators mentioned him talking poo poo to Lesnar when Lesnar was slapping the poo poo out of him.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Ribsauce posted:

What happened at ESPN all of the sudden to make them go full blown wrestling coverage? Simmons on Raw, Brock on Sportscenter, etc

probably they see there being crossover between real sports fans and wrestling fans and decided it was worth devoting resource to so they get more ad dollars and such

doubt we'll see them get too journalistic about it, but putting a few spots in the rotation on Sportscenter benefits everyone

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Okay I assumed Big Show was getting the slight push because he'd be Reigns' first opponent at Extreme Rules.

I've got nothing now for why Show should have won :psyduck:
Because he won it for his father

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Someone told me on twitter I would end my boycott of WWE to watch Wrestlemania because "my" indie darling won.

I replied with "COLT CABANA?!"

EDIT:

Quick photoshop to celebrate our new WWE World Heavyweight Champion, 'Boom Boom' Colt Cabana!

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 30, 2015

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

DGib posted:

explain how anything was good.

ladder match was a snooze fest with a bunch of midcard geeks
orton rollins was boring to nobody's surprise
HHH and sting had a terrible ending but at least it had some nostalgia
women's wrestling is terrible as usual
cena winz lol
undertaker wyatt didn't need to exist at all
rousey is cool
reigns laughing at lesnar beating him up was cringe worthy and lesnar is about the only watchable thing in wwe in years so they take the belt off him to put on a guy who cant talk

tell me how im wrong please

ladder match was cool, orton vs rollins was cool, triple h and sting was cool, the womens match was ok, cena vs rusev was cool and had the right finish for the storyline, undertaker vs wyatt was fine, rousey segment was cool, reigns vs lesnar was cool and seth rollins is cool

wrestlemania 31 was cool

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Cardboard Box posted:

ladder match was cool, orton vs rollins was cool, triple h and sting was cool, the womens match was ok, cena vs rusev was cool and had the right finish for the storyline, undertaker vs wyatt was fine, rousey segment was cool, reigns vs lesnar was cool and seth rollins is cool

wrestlemania 31 was cool

cool post

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012
I felt that the main event was the only really standout match there. Everything else was alright with spots of being very fun. Wasn't expecting any great shakes, but better than what I got.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Vertical Lime posted:

well that's it

vince can claim victory tonight

espn reports it like a normal sport

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/582382385381175296

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Alain Post posted:

"let's get angry because a top babyface in the company beat a monster heel at the biggest show in the year" - PSP

I'm going to say, it was the ending that made the psychology of the match. If Reigns had won, it would have been a bad match. With Rollins winning, it owned.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

im cool

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

This show was entertaining top to bottom and that's what this all is, entertainment.

Almost none of the matches were even HM worthy, but they were all memorable, for the most part.

People that didn't like it have just as valid of an opinion as those that did.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Okay I assumed Big Show was getting the slight push because he'd be Reigns' first opponent at Extreme Rules.

I've got nothing now for why Show should have won :psyduck:

I guess just because he's never won a battle royal despite always being called as the guy who should naturally win every battle royal. And he probably doesn't have that many years left as an active guy. Would have preferred to see Mizdow take it, but whatever I guess.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Sting/HHH was so weird and insanely booked, the entrances were lame all around and wyatt should have gone over but everything else was very good and this mania had more good-great matches than most recent manias.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Skunkrocker posted:

Someone told me on twitter I would end my boycott of WWE to watch Wrestlemania because "my" indie darling won.

cool story keep boycotting

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Bard Maddox posted:

laughing while you get the poo poo beat out of you and asking for more is an age-old babyface trope
Yeah that's some sword and fantasy epic mythology poo poo right there and its always good

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

DGib posted:

explain how anything was good.

ladder match was a snooze fest with a bunch of midcard geeks
orton rollins was boring to nobody's surprise
HHH and sting had a terrible ending but at least it had some nostalgia
women's wrestling is terrible as usual
cena winz lol
undertaker wyatt didn't need to exist at all
rousey is cool
reigns laughing at lesnar beating him up was cringe worthy and lesnar is about the only watchable thing in wwe in years so they take the belt off him to put on a guy who cant talk

tell me how im wrong please

Well you're wrong because we disagree on things like the ladder match being a snooze fest and everything else you said.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Watched that with my friend. If you told me that they would have put on a show as good as that was with the build they have had I would not have believed. I don't know why they're pushing Big Show but whatever it was the battle royal. They haven't exactly established a trend of giving the winners a big push in the past. Yay DB and his old wrestler fans. Yay Cesaro and Kidd winning. And holy poo poo that main event was wonderful. My friend almost died when Reigns almost got that 3 count. The event of the night however belongs to Rhonda Rousey. Loved that segment.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

all these things are true

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

The thing about that match, though, was that the storytelling had actual nuance. It was an in-ring re-telling of the Monday Night Wars, only starring DX instead of Austin. Yeah, WWE won in the end, but what was different this time was a WWE crowd loving marking out for WCW and the WWE finally showing them respect afterwards. I doubt any of them actually give a poo poo about it outside of collecting a Wrestlemania paycheck, but for a 90s fan, it was really awesome to see. :)

e: It even included the subtle "HOGAN IS A WWE GUY WHAT IS HE DOING WITH THE NWO?!" as a nod to "HOGAN IS THE THIRD MAN".

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Skunkrocker posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fslVUNDCJIU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Zyla posted:

This show was entertaining top to bottom and that's what this all is, entertainment.

Almost none of the matches were even HM worthy, but they were all memorable, for the most part.

People that didn't like it have just as valid of an opinion as those that did.

if people didn't like it then don't have enough Heart or Flexing in their lives

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Robert Plant posted:

So I haven't been watching since the early 2000's up until this past year when I started checking in on RAWs intermittently. Didn't watch the PPV but followed this thread throughout. Speaking from the perspective of a sort of out of touch guy pushing 30, I'm pretty psyched for Rollins. Dude's HBK all over again. Much as I've enjoyed Lesnar as end boss, it'll be nice to see a crafty champ who's regularly active.

I stopped watching sometime in the late 90's and this was my first event since then and it was a lot of fun. I don't see myself ever keeping up with RAW but I've been putting off getting the WWE network for a while and it'll be fun watching old poo poo. I hope I can find the first match I remember ever seeing, a steel cage 2v2 match between Ted DiBiase and IRS versus two other guys I don't remember.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Malt posted:

He was laughing because his insides were liquified and it was the only way to dull the pain. I remember when I got stabbed after the initial shock all I could do was laugh.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I'll say this, I loved the main event, but Reigns was exposed badly tonight. He did two moves any time he had offense. (Insert Hogan or Nash joke here)

DGib
Jan 22, 2010

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Each of these is a wrong opinion.

-Ladder match was meh at worst. Ambrose did cool poo poo and Bryan got over so who cares.
-Orton Rollins had an amazing finish
-HHH/Sting was kind of supposed to be campy and nostalgic and stupid. Finish sucked but overall it was fine.
-Women's match was fine, just too short
-lol if you expected any other ending to Rusev/Cena
-UT going over and Bray getting buried are always good things
-yes, Rousey is cool
-Rollins owns, Brock still looks like a monster and Reigns spent the whole match getting his rear end kicked.
-you're a giant bitch baby

-you're right about the who cares part
-yes thats true
-agree
-all main roster wwe womens wrestling is terrible and shouldnt exist let alone have more time to suck
-I knew what the ending was going to be, that doesn't mean its not bad
-its a match that didn't need to exist and isn't going to be remembered
-no doubt
-Rollins is boring on the mic but he does some fun indy flippy poo poo I guess? Having Lesnar lose in any capacity to someone like Rollins or Reigns devalues him. Yes it was nice to see Reigns get killed
-you have Stockholm syndrome

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

NutritiousSnack posted:

If Reigns had won, it would have been a bad match.

If he won and was also the level of over as a face he needed to be to justify his push, it might have been the best WM main event ever.

Dr.Tree
May 7, 2007

Sure there are goons in local government. But there are goons in national government too

Pina Coladas posted:

He has a nice big target on him now.

Lesnar - You never beat me for the championship
Reigns - You stole my Wrestlemania moment
Orton - I beat you at Wrestlemania

Bring on Raw!

I want RAW to be Rollings running away from everyone. Bonus points if his last insane hiding spot already has Dean hiding in it.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

RBX posted:

Triple H's entrance made the show 5 stars no matter what else. Rousey pushed it to 6. The main event exceeded everyone's expectations. Only bad part was Triple H won but I can let that go.

Great great show.

I mean they had a guy come in on a loving tank and it STILL wasn't the silliest entrance of the night.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

triple h's entrance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

It was a fine event, just fine. Not great, but it was worth sitting down to watch for 10 bucks.

• Locked thread