Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you gonna be watching this?
Seth: YES! I'm buying in....to the WWE Network for just $9.99!
Bryan: NO! NO! NO! Gonna watch an indy show or Duke/Gonzaga instead.
Scotty & Grand Master: Why didn't Rikishi thank us? :cry:
Big Show: :350:
View Results

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

StarkRavingMad posted:

you have no soul
i watch wrestling for wrestling matches first and it was loving GARBAGE. wwe has been milking nostalgia for so long that it has no value. they've gone to the nwo/dx wells too many times for me to give a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Smoking Crow posted:

i liked the scarecrows

How great would it be if he got to keep them? Every match with Bray is a lumberjack match!

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

SteamyV posted:

I marked super hard for Nash selling his quad.

Haha, same.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

pressedbunny posted:

The Crow cut Terminator Conan's Mjolnir in half with a baseball bat.

How can you not love that.

whosoever wields this hammer shall have the pow—OOOOOOOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOOOOO

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

THATCHER BRAINWASH posted:

WHY DONT YOU LIKE THE SAME THINGS AS ME, YOU STOCKHOLM SYNDROME HAVING TURD

Everyone who disagrees with me has battered fish syndrome.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
:laffo:Cesaro gets bumped to page 2.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

cams posted:

yeah this is all accurate. cena/rusev was a good match but nothing special, ajpaige/bellas was a passable divas match, hhh/sting was worthless garbage, taker/bray was a better match but still boring and worthless, the tag champ match was pretty good, intercontinental ladder match was an average wrestlemania ladder match.

this would have been a completely unremarkable wrestlemania if it weren't for that fantastic main event.

Pretty much agreed. Five minutes of good booking at the end doesn't undo a mediocre 4 hour show, and the only thing I've learned about Reigns is that he's carryable when he's getting his rear end kicked but not good when he's in control. There was a lot of obvious filler, a lot of matches whose results helped nobody, a lot of old guys who I don't really want to see taking bumps anymore, and no real hot finishes for anything except the main (and only because someone not promoted for the match dropped in). People can argue "better than expected", but my anticipation was ambivalent up until Brock said he was re-signing, because at least then it wasn't a foregone conclusion. "Passable with a good finish" is fine for Survivor Series or Payback, but for Wrestlemania the only thing that hyped it up was the pageantry. Otherwise this could've been a Summerslam or MITB, Undertaker & Sting appearances aside. I'm not just being a complainy smark or whatever either, I just think WWE hasn't put on a truly great show in the past year and I think this show utterly pales in comparison to Wrestlemania 30.

That said, I'm looking forward to Raw tomorrow because post-Mania Raw is always fun and the crowd should be amazing.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

WeaponX posted:

Best one but the daylight made its kinda lame. Taker phoned that entrance in but at least cowboy taker is back and he got ride of that stupid hood

i think that the scarecrows in daylight were fine, it made it look like he was in evil kansas or something instead of satan's cornfield

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Sometimes, life is good.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

cams posted:

i watch wrestling for wrestling matches first and it was loving GARBAGE. wwe has been milking nostalgia for so long that it has no value. they've gone to the nwo/dx wells too many times for me to give a poo poo.

go watch japan

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*
How is Ambrose after that bump? It looked Mike Awesome Heatwave '98 levels of disgusting.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I can't wait to see the SR side plates on Rollins' WWE Championship belt.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes

Cut out the first three seconds and avatar size it, please.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I think, that no matter what happens, everyone here can agree:

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I'm really glad Reagan is dead

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Zyla posted:

Also can we recognize that Scott Hall took a back body drop in all that chaos :stare:

Hogan took a hip bump too. :stare:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

In fairness to all of us, nobody could have seen that finish coming because until an hour ago that was literally not how MitB briefcases worked.

?????

It sure is!

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Shima Honnou posted:

go watch japan

The entire country of Japan... for the win.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

pressedbunny posted:

The Crow cut Terminator Conan's Mjolnir in half with a baseball bat.

How can you not love that.
well they had a really bad wrestling match before and after that so it was easy

a good spot does not make a match good

the taker situp vs upside down bray was a good spot but it did not make that match any less boring

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

pressedbunny posted:

That was just really uncomfortable to watch. Bless Nash for selling the leg, though.

Yea, I thought it was legit as hell. I'm still a mark

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Zyla posted:

?????

It sure is!

Have they done "cashing in during a match makes it a three-way" before? I hadn't heard of that rule in the past.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

electric funeral posted:

How is Ambrose after that bump? It looked Mike Awesome Heatwave '98 levels of disgusting.

it was exactly gross enough to plausibly keep him from blocking the rollins cashin

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Shima Honnou posted:

go watch japan
i do, it's great.

everyone go watch njpw

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

CapnAndy posted:

In fairness to all of us, nobody could have seen that finish coming because until an hour ago that was literally not how MitB briefcases worked.

Also I'm going to take two wild guesses for tomorrow: Nikki Bella will not be champion at the end of the show, and a lady currently on NXT will be

Charlotte would be the only one, and I'm pretty sure she's been on some of the tapings that are still in the can.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

cams posted:

Sting is not having a technical masterclass in 2015 so you may as well make it entertaining. comedy matches have been part of wrestling since about a long-rear end time.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

Have they done "cashing in during a match makes it a three-way" before? I hadn't heard of that rule in the past.

there are no rules they just do whatever they want to fit the angle

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
can someone show me a gif of the ambrose bump I missed a couple moments of that match and I want to see why he will be injured forever

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Anyone that didn't mark hard when Sting got all pumped up and went for the Stinger Splash is wrong

That moment got me the most, and I wasn't even that big of a Sting fan back in the day. I was, however, a huge WCW fan

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I gotta say it was a better show than I expected helped by alcohol and watching with real people for a change.

Main event was great! That was the most I've been emotionally invested in a WWE match since MITB 2011 and they managed not to gently caress it up. Can't think of a better way to have pulled off Brock not walking out as champ.

That being said though, I think Dave's praise went a tad overly effusive:

Big Dave posted:

This was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Several great matches, a killer angle and very little that wasn't good.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

cams posted:

i do, it's great.

everyone go watch njpw

you got NJPW in sting's entrance stop complaining

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Alain Post posted:

Sting is not having a technical masterclass in 2015 so you may as well make it entertaining. comedy matches have been part of wrestling since about a long-rear end time.
I mean it WAS funny but I got the distinct impression it was not supposed to be funny

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
Yeah is Dean Ambrose okay because that spot legit looked incredibly painful and I'm pretty worried about my waifu

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Malt posted:

What was the idea there with Roman? The laughing was weird.

Roman isn't very good.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I thought Taker/Wyatt was a perfectly acceptable Undertaker match. Taker looked like a human being, Wyatt had great reactions to him, and the storyline vacuum of someone talking poo poo and getting beat up for it was fine.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

StarkRavingMad posted:

That's what makes the most sense. as cashing in instantly creates a match. If there is currently a match going on then you get added to said match.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Liquid Communism posted:

Hogan took a hip bump too. :stare:

Being inspired by the dry ice burn he received two years ago, Triple H had his Nazi scientists release a miasma that froze time around the ring.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

oatgan posted:

it was exactly gross enough to plausibly keep him from blocking the rollins cashin

At this point do you really think this was even a consideration on WWE's part

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

The holder is entitled to A championship match of their choosing at any time or place. Rollins chose to enter an existing one as if he were booked in it to start. It's his prerogative.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
So if the crowd was behind Rollins during the main event, but behind Orton when he stomped Rollins, clearly they can just give it to Orton and everyone should be cool with it

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

StarkRavingMad posted:

Uh... read the contract, where does it say he can't do that?

http://www.wwe.com/f/doc/2012/07/2012_Money_in_the_Bank_keyart_CONTRACT.pdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque pu essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

StarkRavingMad posted:

Only in TNA, where a guy cashed in at the beginning of a four-way match to make it a five-way match

Because TNA

• Locked thread