Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you gonna be watching this?
Seth: YES! I'm buying in....to the WWE Network for just $9.99!
Bryan: NO! NO! NO! Gonna watch an indy show or Duke/Gonzaga instead.
Scotty & Grand Master: Why didn't Rikishi thank us? :cry:
Big Show: :350:
View Results

• Locked thread
Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Mechafunkzilla posted:

It was really clear that the booth was told to not be dickheads during the women's match. Too bad the match was lovely and had zero stakes or story behind it.
It was better than usual but really needed to go about twice as long. With it going like 7 minutes it felt like a (decent) raw match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Good Listener posted:

I was confused why the nWo came out to help Sting other than "because they were also in WCW".

He was in the Wolfpac noob.

Ya'll are really overthinking this.

Cena did a flying stunner. 5 star mania.

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Republicans posted:

I stopped watching sometime in the late 90's and this was my first event since then and it was a lot of fun. I don't see myself ever keeping up with RAW but I've been putting off getting the WWE network for a while and it'll be fun watching old poo poo. I hope I can find the first match I remember ever seeing, a steel cage 2v2 match between Ted DiBiase and IRS versus two other guys I don't remember.

Addendum: being a Philly guy, i jumped back on the wagon after hearing all the post-Rumble chatter. I'm genuinely left wondering when/if Vince brings a major event back to my town

Dekk
Aug 31, 2001

Kind of surprised it isn't this, tbh.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Oh my god. I just saw HHH's entrance. That was just almost the worst thing. The only thing that saved it in my eyes was that I couldn't help laughing at his terminator hat and shoulder pads

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

WeaponX posted:

Best one but the daylight made its kinda lame. Taker phoned that entrance in but at least cowboy taker is back and he got ride of that stupid hood

He also grew his hair back so that he doesn't look so much like his head had a graft from his scrotum.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

HogX posted:

HHH's entrance owns loving bones, that's all.

I kind of laughed a lot at it.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Smoking Crow posted:

maybe setting up for a rematch next year where bray goes over?

Bray and his gimmick are damaged beyond repair in my opinion.

After the loss to Cena he never regained any heat and the loss to Taker might as well have been the peak of his career before disappearing in the midcard.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
Rollins is the first NXT champ who became the WWE champ. (Sorry Bolievers)

I hope Rollins makes an appearance on a NXT network show with the belt and acts like a dick to everyone.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Fiveace Attorney posted:

It was better than usual but really needed to go about twice as long. With it going like 7 minutes it felt like a (decent) raw match

I can do without a 20 minute Bella twins match in my life.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Just saw HHH's entrance. Holy poo poo what the hell :laffo:

I think the best part of this were the spindly terminator arms attached to his. Maybe this whole thing would have looked okay if it was dark, but in broad loving daylight it was absolutely hilarious.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Cardboard Box posted:

cole is totally fine when he's allowed to just call a match, sometimes even very good, its mostly the other commentators who drag him down

What Cole lacks is intensity/excitement. He's too monotonous. I know it's unfair to compare him to JR, but JR had the ability to get you pumped no matter what was happening in the ring. King was able to play off it nicely too back then, but he's useless now.

Even when Cole tries to sell excitement in his voice, it comes off as fake and disingenuous. I just don't buy it. If Cole is gonna be the straight guy, get someone else that can bring the qualities that he's missing. JBL and King are just as boring as Cole is. And they constantly talk about other poo poo than what is happening in the ring, or are making GBS threads on something that's happening in the ring.

I'm not a Cole hater or anything, I just think the commentary is detracting from the overall experience these days

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Good Listener posted:

my friend and i were totally dying

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Dekk posted:

Kind of surprised it isn't this, tbh.

Should have put Paige in there 8/10

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I can do without a 20 minute Bella twins match in my life.
The Bellas are better workers than most divas on the roster. They did totally fine

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

HHH's entrance was fun in that goofy overblown Mania spectacle sorta way but last year's was cooler

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Good Listener posted:

Yeah i pointed at the tv and laughed super loud at it for like a minute straight.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Fiveace Attorney posted:

The Bellas are better workers than most divas on the roster. They did totally fine

I wasn't begging for more. If they want to make the women's division not a joke maybe though could, you know, have a loving TITLE MATCH AT WRESTLEMANIA

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

hahahah, Flair hit him right in the throat. Another Savage callback.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Good Listener posted:

I was confused why the nWo came out to help Sting other than "because they were also in WCW".

Well, yeah, They were playing it as "WCW vs. WWE".

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Good Listener posted:

I thought that was stupid but I have to admit that the old WCW fan in me probably would have marked out if it was Goldberg, DDP, and Booker T.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Squall posted:

Well, yeah, They were playing it as "WCW vs. WWE".

Despite Sting saying (and it being replayed in the video promo) that it was not WCW/WWE.

They hosed up the build to nearly every match on the card and still had a good show. Nobody is going to learn any lessons from this.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Fiveace Attorney posted:

It was a pointless match though that we get on a Raw every week. If they wanted the Divas to matter, give them a Fatal 4-way like they did at NXT. Ton of great storylines could have gone on in that.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Well, Sting was in the Wolfpac (don't turn your back on them) at one point so that's almost the same thing, it was called nWo Red in WCW/nWo Revenge too.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Neodoomium posted:

Despite Sting saying (and it being replayed in the video promo) that it was not WCW/WWE.

They hosed up the build to nearly every match on the card and still had a good show. Nobody is going to learn any lessons from this.
It really just seems like there's completely different smarter people booking the PPVs

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Neodoomium posted:

i learned a lesson and that lesson is never doubt WWE, 'wait and see' always works

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Dexo posted:

Charlotte would be the only one, and I'm pretty sure she's been on some of the tapings that are still in the can.
So was Paige IIRC?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

This was one of those shows where you can easily tell which people in this forum enjoy watching pro wrestling and which people are big fucker retards.

I always have so much trouble...

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Doc Morbid posted:

Just saw HHH's entrance. Holy poo poo what the hell :laffo:

I think the best part of this were the spindly terminator arms attached to his. Maybe this whole thing would have looked okay if it was dark, but in broad loving daylight it was absolutely hilarious.

Yeah the costume took it over the line. Especially when he had the arms removed so they could hand him the skulls which he then dropped anyway.

But really there was just no way he could compete with the Russian invasion.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Fiveace Attorney posted:

It really just seems like there's completely different smarter people booking the PPVs

I assume Michael Hayes gets too drunk on HOF night to be of any use at Mania.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

STAC Goat posted:

I thought that was stupid but I have to admit that the old WCW fan in me probably would have marked out if it was Goldberg, DDP, and Booker T.

Haha agreed. I spose I didn't stop to think about the Wolfpac since they had their nWo Black and White shirts on. That's why am a confused wrestle dork though cuz it's like "Wait black and white were trying to kill WCW..." But then I don't think they sell Wolfpac merch so...

I apologize for overthinking dumb wrestling matches.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The NWO vs DX in the middle of a Sting vs Triple H match, that started off with an amazingly goofy entrance and involved a sledgehammer being broken in half by a bat

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

purkey posted:

Oh my god. I just saw HHH's entrance. That was just almost the worst thing. The only thing that saved it in my eyes was that I couldn't help laughing at his terminator hat and shoulder pads

I thought goofy, smarky stuff was the main reason to watch WM ? The scarecrows, the overblown Russian parade plus tank, Sting's drummers....all this silly poo poo is good, uncomplicated fun....

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

tbh the only poo poo part of the show was no one betraying sting

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Fiveace Attorney posted:

Part of it is they've got a strong roster who can put on matches which, in and of themselves, are quite fun. So the builds and stories are lackluster but the wrestling works.

They've got all the ingredients to put on good shows, and sometimes they do, but Vince loves hotshot last minute booking too much for the product to be reliable. It's all peaks and valleys.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Zyla posted:

I really thought the NWO guys were gonna rip off their shirts to reveal the DX shirts

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Zyla posted:

Also why did Cena not at least come down with an honor guard of Marines. After Rusev's entrance it looked silly how Cena only unfurled his little towel....

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

otoh Nash still looks pretty good in a sleeveless shirt.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Valeyard posted:

The NWO vs DX in the middle of a Sting vs Triple H match, that started off with an amazingly goofy entrance and involved a sledgehammer being broken in half by a bat

That was the old story trope of "Opponent breaks your sword in half, but you stab him with the hilt". 2 examples: Lotr or Kirk Douglas in The Vikings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Hammerstein posted:

Also why did Cena not at least come down with an honor guard of Marines. After Rusev's entrance it looked silly how Cena only unfurled his little towel....

I was surprised no big USA flag fell after he won or that Cena didn't have new star splangled gear or something.

• Locked thread