Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you gonna be watching this?
Seth: YES! I'm buying in....to the WWE Network for just $9.99!
Bryan: NO! NO! NO! Gonna watch an indy show or Duke/Gonzaga instead.
Scotty & Grand Master: Why didn't Rikishi thank us? :cry:
Big Show: :350:
View Results

• Locked thread
Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Also I'm pretty shocked Hall is in good enough shape for this, he was in pretty bad shape for a while. Happy to see he can do something like this.

edit: Vvv exactly!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

HogX posted:

Also I'm pretty shocked Hall is in good enough shape for this, he was in pretty bad shape for a while. Happy to see he can do something like this.

He took a back body drop and I just about poo poo my pants.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Hammerstein posted:

Also why did Cena not at least come down with an honor guard of Marines. After Rusev's entrance it looked silly how Cena only unfurled his little towel....

John Cena has mellowed in his older age since his younger self's grand WrestleMania entrances and has learned that flash and substance are unbecoming of a hero of the people and unnecessary for being a hero

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

After Rusev's tank, my friends and I were convinced that Cena was getting a flyover by some fighter jets. And then he just did his regular entrance without acting like America even mattered to him. Rusev is the better patriot :ussr:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Good Listener posted:

I was surprised no big USA flag fell after he won or that Cena didn't have new star splangled gear or something.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Hammerstein posted:

Also why did Cena not at least come down with an honor guard of Marines. After Rusev's entrance it looked silly how Cena only unfurled his little towel....

literal world war 3 between rusev and cena's entrances would have been real good but he went blue collar this year

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

DGib posted:

explain how anything was good.

ladder match was a snooze fest with a bunch of midcard geeks
orton rollins was boring to nobody's surprise
HHH and sting had a terrible ending but at least it had some nostalgia
women's wrestling is terrible as usual
cena winz lol
undertaker wyatt didn't need to exist at all
rousey is cool
reigns laughing at lesnar beating him up was cringe worthy and lesnar is about the only watchable thing in wwe in years so they take the belt off him to put on a guy who cant talk

tell me how im wrong please

blah blah blah poo poo poo poo poo poo

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Cena's entrance vid may as well have been a vid of Rush Limbaugh masturbating gently caress that noise

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm still enjoying the fact that the Big Show (who is big, and will die soon) got to MAKE WAY NEW STARS again on the Preshow.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Six of the last eight Royal Rumble winners have now failed to win the top title at their respective WrestleManias.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Rusev's entrance is literally the best one in the entire show. God drat.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007
I'm just catching up now.. Dean's dead, right?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Push Big Show? You simply can't - he's too big!!!

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
My friends al laughed when they advertised the WWE champ to turn up at a 9:30 morning show - "no way Lesnar is doing that"

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Valeyard posted:

My friends al laughed when they advertised the WWE champ to turn up at a 9:30 morning show - "no way Lesnar is doing that"
even though i had seen the betting odds which had brock going up as a big favorite before the show, seeing this seemed like a gurantee to me that lesnar wouldn't retain.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Valeyard posted:

I wonder if Seth is going to do that via remote or actually fly out and back for Raw.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Rand McNally posted:

I'm just catching up now.. Dean's dead, right?

He must be otherwise he would have stopped Rollins.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Sigma posted:

I wonder if Seth is going to do that via remote or actually fly out and back for Raw.

Or if RAW will just be pre-tapes of him like, hiding in a broom closet.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jetfire posted:

Six of the last eight Royal Rumble winners have now failed to win the top title at their respective WrestleManias.

All three G-1 winners have lost their Wrestle Kingdom title shots since that became one of the prizes the winner earned, and that's treated with a lot more importance than the Rumble.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

Or if RAW will just be pre-tapes of him like, hiding in a broom closet.

It would seem unlikely to have their new champ miss a huge Raw for a 5 minutes appearance on the Today show. But knowing how Vince craves mainstream approval I guess it's a possibility.

I'd say it'll just be a remote interview.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy4g_eMkhHs

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
He could always phone in the RAW appearance under the pretence of being too scared to be anywhere near Lesnar

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Hammerstein posted:

I thought goofy, smarky stuff was the main reason to watch WM ? The scarecrows, the overblown Russian parade plus tank, Sting's drummers....all this silly poo poo is good, uncomplicated fun....

I love silly bullshit. If I didn't, I would never watch wrestling. I just thought that the Terminator crossover dress up entrance was awful.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Niwrad posted:

It would seem unlikely to have their new champ miss a huge Raw for a 5 minutes appearance on the Today show. But knowing how Vince craves mainstream approval I guess it's a possibility.

I'd say it'll just be a remote interview.

vince is gonna let the A+ player use his private jet and hang out with kathy lee and hoda or whoever the gently caress is on that show. he will then fly back and gloat on raw before roman superman punches him in the mouth and gets the 1 2 3

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dexo posted:

That's what makes the most sense. as cashing in instantly creates a match. If there is currently a match going on then you get added to said match.

Technically, it should be that a separate singles match with the champion starts within the existing match, which would be hilarious because the result wouldn't be about which of the challengers beats each other, it would be about which one of them pins the champion last. The cash-in match technically only goes until you get beaten, and if the other guy attacks you it's a DQ (like Cena's failed cash-in). Of course that's not how they'd ever book it, but it'd be fun to watch them try.

"You pin him first."
"Nah, you pin him first."

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Those are some snazzy side plates

sticklefifer posted:

Technically, it should be that a separate singles match with the champion starts within the existing match, which would be hilarious because the result wouldn't be about which of the challengers beats each other, it would be about which one of them pins the champion last. The cash-in match technically only goes until you get beaten, and if the other guy attacks you it's a DQ (like Cena's failed cash-in). Of course that's not how they'd ever book it, but it'd be fun to watch them try.

"You pin him first."
"Nah, you pin him first."

Aren't those just Scramble match rules, more or less?

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
all this post-WM discussion and not enough talk about that incredible curbstomp->rko counter I lost my voice after that move alone

so good my god

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

purkey posted:

I love silly bullshit. If I didn't, I would never watch wrestling. I just thought that the Terminator crossover dress up entrance was awful.

I couldn't help but laugh like an idiot when I saw the terminator parts held together in the middle by a giant German cross.

:hitler: Who stole meinen Roboterkampfanzug ?!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Twisted Eye posted:

all this post-WM discussion and not enough talk about that incredible curbstomp->rko counter I lost my voice after that move alone

so good my god

one of my favorite things in wrestling is when a performer knows they just killed it and randy orton knows he just killed it

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Twisted Eye posted:

so good my god

this still looks like some magic trick, like something in a wire-fu martial arts movie

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

I just got to the 'Taker match, and that rope walk made me go nuts. It's the little things.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

oatgan posted:

one of my favorite things in wrestling is when a performer knows they just killed it and randy orton knows he just killed it

Although I could imagine that Seth came up with the idea for that move in training.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

oatgan posted:

randy in full on motivation mode is my favorite randy. when he decides to get hype and do cool poo poo hes one of the best

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

Agreed, he was so loving happy about it and it owned

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Hammerstein posted:

Although I could imagine that Seth came up with the idea for that move in training.

randy orton spent his 6 months off tv with a notebook jotting down a bunch of cool RKO ideas

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Jetfire posted:

They should really get rid of the stipulation that the rumble winner gets a title shot as it writes them into a hole. It was alright when they had 2 belts I guess but now it really hamstrings long term plans.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
that RKO made me lose my loving mind, the second thing was the teasing of the razor's edge

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

oatgan posted:

randy orton spent his 6 months off tv with a notebook jotting down a bunch of cool RKO ideas

And probably texting with DDP

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

lamentable dustman posted:

They should really get rid of the stipulation that the rumble winner gets a title shot as it writes them into a hole. It was alright when they had 2 belts I guess but now it really hamstrings long term plans.

But then why care? It's like when they got rid of purses they super hosed up their ability to do things for reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
IMO it was worse when they had two world title belts because it meant that they could give the Rumble winner a lovely match at Mania that nobody would care about, when it should be for at least the semi-main.

looking at Sheamus here, mainly

• Locked thread